Customer Discussions > thriller discussion forum

Quality thrillers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 83 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 28 Oct 2012 17:16:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Oct 2012 17:17:11 GMT
Bookmark says:
Wingding

Having looked at your reviews I was surprised at the books you compared this trilogy with.

In particular to compare books on motorcycle gangs with the seminal book on realpolitik "The Prince" by Machiavelli seems strange to say the least and makes me question your judgement. I was amused to see exactly the same review on each of Machiavelli's books - smacked a little of no imagination to me.

Any chance of you removing this dross from all the other discussion forums you have placed it on?

Posted on 28 Oct 2012 14:08:39 GMT
Wingding says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Oct 2012 09:15:00 GMT
Sou'Wester says:
Quite agree that the reviews you mention lack credibility. It always looks peculiar when so many people contribute just one review to Amazon (or as in some of these cases, two reviews but for the same author!). I was also put off by the claim at the start of one of these books that it was the "classic first novel in the series" - clearly the writer/publisher have a very different idea from myself about what "classic" means! Glanced through the inevitable prologue that thriller writers seem compelled to include in their books these days (it's such a tired and over-used device) and there seemed little about the writing to suggest this book will ever become a classic.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Oct 2012 08:40:37 GMT
Bookmark says:
D E Laws. Thank you for the invitation to "check the reviews" of the books you published - I did.

Curiously the number of one off reviewers and the number whose only reviews were for two of these books put me right off the idea of trying them. Books which only attract 5 star reviews are a particular turn off for me, nothing is ever that good.

In addition reviews done on the same day for both books lacks a certain credibility for me. Obviously they could be quick readers, or alternatively there may not much reading to be done.

Thank you, but having taken your advice and read the reviews, I don't think I will waste my time with any of them.

Posted on 27 Oct 2012 12:36:58 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 4 May 2013 21:29:50 BDT]

Posted on 25 Oct 2012 08:45:13 BDT
Alan Fleet says:
The authors who have promoted their own work on this thread have shown a complete lack of integrity which can only reflect on their work. Such disregard will serve only to undermine their standing and will certainly not attract new readers.

It would be far better if the offenders allowed their 'offspring' to make their own way in the world rather than embarrass them at the school gates.

Posted on 24 Oct 2012 19:46:00 BDT
Recently read American Sanction (The Nick West Series) and really enjoyed it. Gave it 5* review on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2012 21:05:35 BDT
Sou'Wester says:
The poster doesn't clarify their own position as to the authorship of these books (although they do claim to be an author with the same name in a thread on the fiction forum). This strikes me as rather deceitful and also a breach of Amazon rules about self-promotion.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2012 19:01:07 BDT
Bookmark says:
As posted elsewhere three almost identically reviews from "Betty" for the authors three books posted on the same day does not inspire confidence. I don't think it warrants any more thought.

Posted on 19 Oct 2012 16:18:41 BDT
The Ophelia CommissionI seriously suggest you try this novel. The author also painted his own book covers. Just take a look. Read the initial free Click to Look inside Kindle option. No cost. You certainly won't be dissapointed. You'll be hooked. And share with others you know.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Oct 2012 21:21:39 BDT
Bookmark says:
A R Hughes - What makes these quality thrillers, apart from the fact that you were involved in producing them. If you are going to push something at least go to the trouble of trying to interest us. Posting on multiple threads makes you really boring.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Oct 2012 19:07:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Oct 2012 21:09:21 BDT
Little frog says:
How bad can these little short stories be to need to plug on so many threads. Please, just remove to the author's forum where they rightly belong.

Posted on 12 Oct 2012 18:24:49 BDT
A. R. Hughes says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 9 Oct 2012 18:11:42 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 9 Oct 2012 19:47:23 BDT]

Posted on 6 Oct 2012 19:47:29 BDT
Bookmark says:
CigarKing - Yet another author pushing his own book.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2012 15:56:03 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 7 Oct 2012 00:26:21 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2012 23:13:39 BDT
freesia says:
I'll review a free copy for you if u want.

Posted on 15 Sep 2012 12:32:12 BDT
Ryan Bracha says:
Strangers Are Just Friends You Haven't Killed Yet by Ryan Bracha, a thriller with its tongue firmly in its cheek, had me hooked from the off, I promise you'll enjoy it

Posted on 14 Sep 2012 21:08:46 BDT
At only £1.98 Beast In The Basement is a bargin. Its full of suspense and tension and is very well writen. Jason Arnopp (Doctor Who: The Gemini Contagion) is a wonderfully skilled writer reminiscent of Stephen King - this one has a twist to knock your socks off too.

Posted on 15 Jun 2012 12:26:05 BDT
Wm Marling says:
Blood from a Shadow
Tried this on chance. Conspiracy thriller dealing with Al Qaeda threat during American presidential election. Usually read Nesbo, Philip Kerr, Robert Wilson -but enjoyed this. Recommended.

Posted on 14 Jun 2012 22:47:02 BDT
I deleted my post because i thought promo's were forbidden unless on MOAs, perhaps i was wrong.

Posted on 14 Jun 2012 21:36:46 BDT
Thriller fan says:
You can't get much more quality than Sophie Hannah, I think. Little Face is one of the best thrillers I've ever read. I also read The Missing on the strength of the author reviews that all said it is brilliant. They are right. Both quite similar books.

Little Face
The Missing

Posted on 8 May 2012 17:48:30 BDT
THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE ("The Mike Walsh Detective Novels".). Now available free for a limited time.

Posted on 8 May 2012 16:46:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 May 2012 16:52:00 BDT
Hi, i have just come across Darkly Came A Killer by Les Anderson, a new author but a brilliant read.

Posted on 8 May 2012 16:33:08 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 9 May 2012 11:34:19 BDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the thriller discussion forum (396 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  thriller discussion forum
Participants:  51
Total posts:  83
Initial post:  15 Oct 2011
Latest post:  28 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions