Customer Discussions > thriller discussion forum

who would play Harry Bosch in a film?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 165 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 17 Feb 2015 17:25:41 GMT
Thanks Mungo. Looking for it as we speak. Titus Welliver is not the worst choice (re.Mrs J 5/14)!

Posted on 17 Feb 2015 10:34:15 GMT
Update - 'Bosch' season 1 now available on Prive instant video starring Titus Welliver. The pilot aired last year which I only saw recently and it was ok. Season 1 follows on from the pilot which was based on 'City of bones' and 'The concrete blonde'.
Looks like the whole series is based on all the books merging into 1 story.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 May 2014 19:26:18 BDT
You and me both Mrs J.

Posted on 8 May 2014 17:14:15 BDT
Almost any tough but tender actor - but PLEASE not Tom Cruise. He has ruined Jack Reacher for me.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Apr 2014 01:20:18 BDT
I've always thought Bradley Walsh would play him well. In my mind though I've always had a picture of Harry but couldn't find anyone to match up until I recently saw William Peterson in an episode of C.S.I, I must be the only person never to have watched the show, he is exactly how I see Harry. I know he was mentioned in an earlier post but I couldn't put a face to the name.

Posted on 17 Mar 2014 20:25:50 GMT
J. Sargent says:
what about our very own Bradley Walsh currently starring in the English version of Law and Order?

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2014 13:05:18 GMT
Yes, it is only out on Lovefilm. It is pilot episode called 'Bosch' and is based on 'City of Bones' and 'The Concrete Blonde'.
More info here:
http://www.michaelconnelly.com/bosch-tv/

I wondered if anyone had seen it, I don't have subscription to Lovefilm and didn't want to take it out just to watch Bosch if it's not worth it !

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Mar 2014 19:53:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Mar 2014 19:54:09 GMT
POB007 says:
The film you are referring to, is it about Harry Bosch from the books written by Michael Connelly?

Posted on 11 Mar 2014 17:24:15 GMT
Has anyone watched 'Bosch' on Lovefilm ??
What do you think of it and would you recommend signing up to Lovefilm to watch it ?

Thanks
MP4

Posted on 8 Dec 2013 05:43:18 GMT
I'd never heard of Titus Welliver but he certainly looks like my vision of Harry, good looking but a bit rough around the edges.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2013 20:16:12 GMT
Googled Titus Welliver...yup. He'll do.

Posted on 8 Nov 2013 10:00:08 GMT
Karyn says:
How about Mikaell Birkkjaer who played Birgitte Nyborg's husband Philip in Borgen?

Posted on 7 Nov 2013 11:20:51 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Nov 2013 10:10:05 GMT
Titus Welliver is playing Harry in a new TV movie being filmed LA at the moment, not sure if we will see it in the UK soon, have asked MC on his twitter page!

MC webpage / Bosch TV Journal:
http://www.michaelconnelly.com/extras/bosch-tv/set-journal/

IMDB - Titus Welliver
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0920038/

Edit: Michael Connelly advised me this TV movie will be available for download on LoveFilm in March next year.

Posted on 12 Jun 2013 09:33:51 BDT
Brilliant question! Often wondered myself. I never really had a clear mental picture of him while reading one of Connelly's books strangely enough. For some reason, Harry Falk from "Columbo" comes up when I try to picture him.
I'd imagine him (when he was in heyday obviously).
Now? Oliver Platt maybe?
I thought Matthew McConnaughy was brilliant as "The Lincoln Lawyer", another one of Michael Connelly's creations.
Another poser if someone's interested. Who should play Clete Purcel from James Lee Burke's Dave Robicheaux novels? I always pictured Nick Nolte. He does crazy but likeable brilliantly.

Posted on 30 May 2013 17:01:11 BDT
Paul Wood says:
what about damien lewis he was brilliant in life

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2013 16:30:25 BDT
Mark Ruffalo - 100% No-one else can do this.

Posted on 15 Feb 2013 16:17:33 GMT
Started re-reading the Bosch books upto the fourth now 'The Last Coyote' and surprisingly to me I still think of Jerry Orbach as the actor to play him (well if he was still alive, although he was alive when I first thought it)
I don't think he looks specifically like him but just seems the right demeanour.

Posted on 10 Jan 2013 03:30:38 GMT
wobberoo says:
Is there any truth behind the rumour Bill Treacher is to play Dennis Hopper, in a film biopic?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jan 2013 12:35:57 GMT
Dpmallett says:
I have read several of the Harry Bosch novels by Michael Connely I always imagine him to be like the cop from Hill st Blues,bit of a maverick doing things on his terms against authority etc.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2012 11:41:27 GMT
Inspired!! With you on the MM thing.

Posted on 29 Nov 2012 05:11:27 GMT
Tinuola says:
Michael Madsen. got to be.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2012 22:28:20 GMT
N Crossland says:
Mick Belker is not too far off. Clean him up a bit and he fits the bill. I Always thought of Peter Coyote when reading Bosch. Chris Cooper or William Macy would fit the bill now. But I'm weird anyway! And Bosch has a moustache in the earlier books.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2012 22:16:39 GMT
N Crossland says:
Someone in a Crais book has compared Cole to a "Young Johnn Cassavettes". So there youi have it!

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 17:46:29 BDT
Daddy Moff says:
got to agree with some of the earlier suggestions of Gerard Butler. Moody and troubled enough to be able to pull it off. Absolutely love the Bosch novels. much better than the James Patterson drivel of late.

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 15:07:59 BDT
Woodhillian says:
Bosch - under 6 ft tall and wiry? Joachim Phoenix.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the thriller discussion forum (397 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  thriller discussion forum
Participants:  91
Total posts:  165
Initial post:  22 May 2010
Latest post:  17 Feb 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions