2. This Life +10

3. Peter Kay's Britains Got The Pop Factor

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Oct 2008 19:05:46 BDT
sam clemens says:
1. This Life +10

2. Filthy Rich and Catflap

3. Twin Peaks series 2

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2008 01:10:47 BDT
I agree about Peter Kay's Britains Got The Pop Factor. I was expecting something far better.
No belly laughs, just wry smiles. He portrayed reality TV shows to a T but perhaps it was too similar.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Oct 2008 13:39:46 BDT
Ben I'Anson says:
"That Peter Kay Thing" will probaly be the best thing he'll ever do. He should follow it up

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2008 08:36:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Oct 2008 08:37:32 BDT
1 : The Bill ( From 2005 - )
2 : Silent witness ( The last series )
3 : Island at war

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2008 15:20:12 BDT
davis love says:
the final episode of the sopranos what was that all about such a let down

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2008 13:36:37 BDT
Dave May says:
Little Britain - Series 2
Little Britain - Series 3
Little Britain - USA

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Oct 2008 00:04:33 GMT
welsh dragon says:
i agree with dave may :P

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Oct 2008 09:12:33 GMT
Spot on!
Whisper it, but LB S2&3 wasn't at all funny...............

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2008 16:29:02 GMT
Ian Haden says:
How about joey the spin off from friends terrible!!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Nov 2008 23:48:33 GMT
Steve says:
spooks code 9 have to be one of the worst spin offs ever, absolutely terrible program

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 12:43:10 GMT
Nugent Dirt says:
Auf wiedersehen pet - series 2 and 3. Way inferior to the original series
The Bill - peaked way back with the line-up of Ted Roach, Tosh Lines, Burnside, etc ending in Don Beech murdering Boulton after which the producers had a wholesale clear out.
Frasier - series 8 onwards after Niles and Daphne marry...big mistake, although things started to go wrong once they brought in Daphne's family.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2008 19:37:02 GMT
Frozen Flame says:
1. Babylon 5 Season 5
2. Buffy Season 6
3. Prison Break season 3

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2008 09:51:21 GMT
Dave says:
Can't argue about that Ben. If anyone hasn't seen it then it's recommended. It spawned the hugely funny Phoenix Nights. Loved the character leonard should have had a series of his own as well

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2008 09:54:07 GMT
Dave says:
Regarding Little Britain. I must admit some of it is funny but I feel it's run it's course now. The characters seem to al be one trick ponies. Vicky Pollard wa funny at first but has now become tedious, as have the Laydeez. I stopped watching after series 2.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2008 16:08:36 GMT
spiderboris says:
Have to agree on Babylon 5's fifth season - the epic ongoing storyline of which was completely chucked out because creator JM Straczynski was so sure the show was going to get cancelled after the fourth season he completely rewrote several episodes and essentially binned his epic story-arc, leaving not a lot going on in the last year.

And I haven't seen Spooks Code 9 but the very premise sounds like an insane joke. Hey, its like Spooks, but with good-looking kids in their early twenties, if even that! And they're the one battling terrorists and threats to national security! Hollyspooks! I think the plots of the Sarah Jane Adventures have a bit more credibility. Even the really rubbish ones. And at least that's a kids show...

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2008 23:56:45 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 25 Nov 2008 14:45:52 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2008 21:37:23 GMT
SillyNora says:
1. Moonlighting, after they did it.
2. The West Wing, after Aaron Sorkin. Only because the Sorkin era was the most sublime TV of my lifetime... the rest was simply very good.
3. Channel 4, in general, since about 2003.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2008 15:14:43 GMT
Chris says:
A Year in Provenace - could have been a lot better
The Rector's wife - rather dry story line
A recent drama featuring Benedict Cumberpatch on the BBC (can anyone tell me the name - it was incomprehensible)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jan 2009 10:32:06 GMT
Last edited by the author on 31 Jan 2009 18:42:02 GMT
David says:
Doctor Who season 24 - this is the one where it all got alittle stupid. The effects were laughable as were the stories. This was the start of the downhill spiral that would lead the the cancellation of the original series.
Babylon 5 season 5 - after the excellent seasons 2, 3 and 4 this was a real dissapointment, though the last few episodes did improve.
The Dead Zone season 6 - alot of the regular cast were hardly in it and the series finalie did not wrap any of the Greg Stilton story arc.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jan 2009 13:01:09 GMT
Bad TV Moments:

1) Little Britain USA: absolutely awful, just because The Office worked there doesn't mean everything should be taken over to the US.

2) The IT Crowd: Could have been so much better.

3) Secret Diary Of A Call Girl: God what a joke this was, they might as well had not bothered.

3 BAD TV DVD Transfers:

1) Becker: There are no extras or any deleted scenes
2) King Of Queens: Again, badly transferred, no extras and rushed in the US
3) King Of The Hill: They've stopped abruptly at series 5, so that means we're probably not going to see the other half on DVD, which really gets on my nerves.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jan 2009 14:01:56 GMT
How was Filthy rich and catflap a dissapointment its not young ones its not bottom its in the middle.Its a brilliant series and becuase people panned it so banned becuase it wasnt the young ones it never got its secnd series same with thing blue line i bet people like you hate that aswell.

Posted on 6 Feb 2009 00:13:56 GMT
Red Dwarf (series 7 and 8 were not funny)
Little Britain USA (only watched one clip and got on my nerves and not funny)
New Krypton Factor (we all knew it wasn't going to be the same but it's generally boring)

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2009 18:45:08 GMT
D. Lynch says:
To Chris, benny cumberwotsit was in The Last Enemy.

Posted on 8 Feb 2009 14:45:05 GMT
A. D. Gelder says:
None of Red Dwarf is funny, over-rated tosh. Keeping Up Appearances is not funny either, that woman is so irritating. And Vicar Of Dibley is just plain boring.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (628 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  149
Total posts:  187
Initial post:  15 Oct 2008
Latest post:  4 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions