Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

If you could Change the end of a movie

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 May 2012 19:52:47 BDT
GUS c says:
Turner and hooch. Both Should get Shot and Turner Should die and then Be eaten by hooch.

Posted on 16 May 2012 09:37:41 BDT
I'd like to see John WAYNE shoot Liberty VALANCE then ride off into the sunset with Jimmy STEWART.

Posted on 16 May 2012 16:05:33 BDT
jaguarrider says:
Titanic!

Posted on 16 May 2012 16:17:55 BDT
G. Heron says:
The Great Escape; so Steve McQueen gets over that fence.

Posted on 16 May 2012 20:35:32 BDT
Paul Tapner says:
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen: the Baron opens the gates of the city. Finds himself staring down lots of muskets held by a mass of Turkish infantry. You hear a lot of shooting. Then Jonathan Pryce's character looks down at his bloodied corpse and says 'I told you so!'

In reply to an earlier post on 17 May 2012 05:17:07 BDT
I get it. The ship sinks the iceberg.

Cool? Positively freezing.

Posted on 4 Jun 2013 15:54:40 BDT
John Gammon says:
Since I first saw it, and I've seen it several times, I've disliked the ending of the Joel Schumacher film Falling Down. This film should have been a classic, but was ruined for me by the obligatory slo-mo bloodbath at the end. The makers should have looked at a real drama such as One Hour Photo to see how to avoid clichéd endings.

Posted on 5 Jun 2013 11:47:21 BDT
I'd see the usurper Henry TUDOR lying on the ground in his death agonies at Bosworth Field and Richard III standing over him victorious.

While I was at it I'd change history also so that England would be spared the TUDORS and especially that swine Henry VIII.

Posted on 5 Jun 2013 12:10:50 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Jun 2013 12:04:19 BDT
Loved Umberto Lenzi's "Hitcher in the Dark", but I didn't like the happy ending. Umberto Lenzi wanted a darker ending which would've been much better, but unfortunately for Lenzi it was rejected. Shame there wasn't an optional director's cut version made and available on the dvd with the standard release.

Hitcher in Dark [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

Posted on 5 Jun 2013 19:01:08 BDT
C. S. McLean says:
Fatal Attraction : Michael Douglas leaves his wife and settles down with Glenn Close. They end the film together enjoying a romantic dinner of boiled rabbit.

Posted on 5 Jun 2013 20:22:49 BDT
Sleep Tight, the girl is pregnant with her boyfriend!!

Posted on 10 Jun 2013 15:50:28 BDT
Meg Ryan saying to Tom Hanks at the top of the Empire State Building
"Hey you did not tell me you have kids in tow"
Thanks for the romantic meal but no thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jun 2013 18:31:52 BDT
Sou'Wester says:
You need to go a lot further back than that for the wrong result between a battle of the Kings; if only Harold had managed to destroy William the Bar Steward, England could have been spared generations of misery.

Posted on 10 Jun 2013 22:30:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Jun 2013 22:39:26 BDT
'The Name of The Rose' William of Baskerville stops the madman brother Jorge from destroying the tower library and saves all those precious old books and manuscripts.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jun 2013 22:38:28 BDT
Credo Edward The Confessor intended William of Normandy to succeed him and Harold GODWINESON was a perjured usurper. Edward had spent many years in Normandy, was kin to William and was nearly as much a native as he was a Saxon.

An interesting point that many don't consider is the the Anglo-Saxons, of which Edward was the last true King, were themselves 'blow ins' from the lands of what is today Germany. They had invaded Britain years before 1066 happened.

Your modern 'pom' is a hybrid of native Briton, Roman, Norseman, Celt, Saxon and who knows what else.

Posted on 12 Jun 2013 17:14:58 BDT
Quornhog says:
Keanau Reeves should have arrested Patrick Swayze at the end of "Point Break". Swayze's character was GUILTY AS HELL!

Posted on 13 Jun 2013 16:19:14 BDT
Quornhog says:
My preferred ending to "Highlander" would have been for Kurgan to kill McCleod, and then for Brenda Wyatt to decapitate Kurgan WITH A LIGHTSABER! What a missed opportunity.

Posted on 13 Jun 2013 16:27:11 BDT
Atro Merrek says:
My ideal ending for "Avatar" would be Eywa forcing the two sides to stop fighting. Then they would come to an accord and settle down to live peacably on this planet, and maybe many others in the future.

Posted on 14 Jun 2013 13:00:12 BDT
Matrix 2 should have ended with the revelation that Zion was just a computer generated world to place those with rebellious tendencies and Neo is the first to spot this (hence his powers extending beyond the 'unreal' world). Matrix 3 could then be about him leading a real rebellion against the robots.

Posted on 15 Jun 2013 14:34:52 BDT
C. M. Abbott says:
Inception - the counter stops spinning and you know its real and not a dream.

Posted on 1 Jul 2013 23:48:25 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jul 2013 23:49:12 BDT
The original 1950s version of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers.

The film, as originally shot, didn't have that sequence in the hospital at the start or end - which explains the absence of the doctors in the credits - take that bit out and have Miles Bennell get run down by a truck or something - or somehow made a pod!

A sequel could then be made where Santa Mira is marketed as a health resort (sounds like The Stepford Wives, a bit) - people go there to feel better - especially when they tend to feel a bit depressed sometimes - they check into a hotel - pods are hidden in the cellar or somewhere - wake up next morning as pod people - somebody comes there and gradually comes to realise what's going on - ends up burning down the hotel!

Or they could change the whole concept and the pods would only take away the negative emotions - they can still love and procreate and enjoy the fun things in life - but they can no longer feel any negative emotions!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (643 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  11 May 2012
Latest post:  1 Jul 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions