Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

'thirtysomething': The Complete First Season

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Aug 2009 08:52:31 BDT
C. Brown says:
At long last the first season of 'thirtysomething' is being released on DVD later this month, with subsequent seasons coming at six month intervals. I was so thrilled when I learned of this that I rushed straight to Amazon to pre-order it. Deep gloom when no mention of it was found, then I discovered it is to be a Region 1 release only. Is it likely this will eventually be released for Region 2, or will Amazon UK be making the Region 1 version available as they do with many other films and shows? I really want this one so much!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2009 14:11:43 BDT
D. Marson says:
I had the same reaction as I loved the series. I don't know whether there will be a Region 2 release - I'm not sure I can wait for it, having waited so long already. I think you can order the DVD direct from Amazon.com - my account details worked on that website too, although I didn't conclude the purchase since it's not out yet and I thought I'd see if it pops up on Amazon UK. I'd be surprised if it didn't but as I say, I think you'll be able to get it direct from Amazon.com anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2009 18:42:32 BDT
C. Brown says:
Thanks for that reply. I will do the same as you and wait until the DVD is released. If nothing appears on Amazon UK I will try and order it from Amazon.com. I daresay many others will do the same. I have purchased Region 1 DVD's from Amazon resellers in the past, so I'm sure it will be available somehow. I want it so much that I am almost scared that it won't live up to expectations after all these years!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2009 09:12:27 BDT
brigadoon says:
hi,
thirtysomething brilliant .i have a video-dvd player that plays regions 0-6 best thing i ever bought,my machine samsung cost me £89.00 got it argos 18 months ago,will see if i can get model no,if you have a laptop they play other regions as i played without a trace (kidnap of little boy with judd hirsch-brilliant )that was region 1 played it on my laptop perfect too??
hope this info helps,
thx,
brigadoon
10th aug 09 9.12am

Posted on 11 Nov 2012 23:10:44 GMT
John Gammon says:
Shame the whole series isn't out in one box set. The distributors of shows like this seem to think it's worth putting out one or two series just to see the reaction, and then decide whether to release any more. This probably makes financial sense to them, but they don't realise the real fans are waiting for the whole lot to come out before they buy. Same problem with Hill Street Blues.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (643 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  2 Aug 2009
Latest post:  11 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions