Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

in the year 25/25 modern version...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Sep 2012 19:38:23 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Sep 2012 19:46:06 BDT
man says:
I know this is not about television but I am interested in knowing where you would draw inspiration from to write a modern version of The Zager and Evans classic in the year 25/25?
I think It is amazing That Such a Song was Written way Back in the latter part of the 1960s.
considering that most popular million selling songs in the 60s were nearly always based on boy meets girl and falls in love and Yet In the Year 25/25 was Based on the sad reality of the self destructive nature of humans and whether that would actually lead to the utter destruction of the human family?
also some of the Lyrics included God which I think was brave because again most songs of that period always went for the safe option of boy meets girl Lyrics and yet Here you had Lyrics Mentioning Judgment day by The Almighty Creator of the earth and the human family.
Yet rather than scare people off it obviously Struck a chord and ended up a million selling classic.
clearly proving that popular songs are not always ones based on boy meets girl...in fact I personally feel relieved that for once a song became popular that wasn't based on lovey dovey stuff!!!
not to say that Love songs can't Strike a chord with the public of course...but I think a doom and gloom song like In The year 25/25
makes a welcome change from Time to Time!!!
so...If you decided to write a Song in The Style of 25/25 where would you draw the inspiration from?
Zager and Evans Drew Inspiration from Religion and it proved popular...but would it work today?
please share your Thoughts.
Thanks.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (622 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  21 Sep 2012
Latest post:  21 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions