Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

hey, it's cool to complain!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Nov 2008 20:39:13 GMT
What's wrong with Great Britain today?

For god's sake we complain about anything and everything!?

First it's the Brand/Ross incident and now it's Top Gear....

I can just see the Daily Mail Starbucks coffee drinking Apple Mac users just waiting for the next "offensive" TV personality to make a joke so they can complain like some huge cross bred herd of sheep.

Where did our sense of humor go as a nation?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Nov 2008 23:45:10 GMT
Steve says:
i agree, Ross/Brand made a silly mistake yet the press (as usual) blow everything way out of proportion.. this is the same press that hound people, print lies and ruin peoples lives at every opportunity they get.. personally i think Brand and Ross have more morals than reporters ever could have.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2008 22:46:05 GMT
CJ says:
As we heard later, 2 official complaints after the Russell Brand / Ross show. Then, the Sunday Mail is published and thousands of the blighters are complaining. There should be a time limit on complaining! Do you remember, not so long ago now that any f words were bleeped out on The Jonathan Ross Show, even when used humourously! It then seemed to me that an adult post watershed audience was being treated like children. Please lets not go back to the bleep when JRoss hopefully returns - if he can be bothered after this.
Free Press -Yes of course, but let's have Freedom FROM the press as well.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Nov 2008 10:05:41 GMT
David says:
I agree - now days there are too many so called PCs (no I don't mean Police Constables) around. What happened to the good old days where everyone just got on with life and enjoyed themselves. Life was much more fun - people got on, there was far less violent crime and people would help each other out. Nowdays you can't do anything without worring some doo gooder will report you or stick their nose in. This is a very sad sign of the times - PC Britain gone mad!

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2008 12:03:34 GMT
Paul Tapner says:
since this whole thing has shown that the bbc can actually on viewers complaints, it is to be hoped that they might start taking some notice of all the complaints about announcers talking over the end titles of programmes. or maybe we need a press campaign to sort that one out.

regardless of whether or not what they did was funny, and the fact that andrew sachs won't press charges, what they did is illegal. and I think they do deserve punishment for that

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2008 15:03:39 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Nov 2008 15:06:04 GMT
Red Queen says:
As public figures they have a responsibility to act with a measure of restraint. Bating a pensioner is not what you would expect from someone who is nearly in their 50's and earning millions. What they did was in bad taste, however for me what is more insulting is the fact that Ross is getting paid millions to act that way. Get rid of Ross and use the money to give the public some decent programmes instead.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Dec 2008 10:01:20 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Dec 2008 10:02:53 GMT
Naughty Boy says:
Topic Starter, I LOVE the irony that you are complaining about people complaining.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Dec 2008 10:24:37 GMT
Red Queen says:
Indeed.

Posted on 20 Apr 2014 17:05:10 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Apr 2014 17:05:43 BDT
John Gammon says:
I don't think there's anything wrong in licence fee payers getting angry at overpriced comedians making prank phone calls to the relatives of the people they've shagged and leaving messages on their ansaphones telling them about it. Just because the Daily Mail doesn't like it, doesn't mean it isn't a bad thing.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2014 18:23:32 BDT
Sorry, John, I`m afraid your message eludes me, lost as it is in a triple negative tangle.
Cinolf

Posted on 26 Oct 2014 12:05:01 GMT
John Gammon says:
Try reading it slowly.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Oct 2014 00:03:21 GMT
Phelings says:
John Gammon - are you really still wittering on about the non event that was Sachsgate all these years later ? Nobody cares anymore and only saddos with nothing in their lives cared at the time . After the first 25000 complained what exactly did the next 5000 expect to achieve by complaining . Daily Mail dicks one and all . It wasn't until the Mail printed the story 9 days after the broadcast that anyone complained . The whole incident only goes to prove what a sad bunch of sheep many of the British public are - Daily Mail readers in particular.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  4 Nov 2008
Latest post:  30 Oct 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions