Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Learn more Shop now
Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

Annoying adverts!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 291 posts in this discussion
Posted on 14 Feb 2012 12:40:21 GMT
Yes ...his real name's Wynne Evans ..... his album "A song in my heart" topped the classical chart in 2011.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Feb 2012 14:45:07 GMT
Di Le Bec says:
Thanks for the info'

Posted on 20 Feb 2012 09:40:42 GMT
rogerabbit says:
"THE GIRL ON THE PLATFORM SMILED"

I look out for this muppet every time I catch my train. If spotted on the platform, I will deposit his ukulele in a place difficult to reach.

No ... better.

I will ram it down his throat via the vocal chords, thus disabling any future wailing whimpery.

Posted on 24 Feb 2012 00:48:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 24 Feb 2012 00:58:17 GMT
Stvfy says:
Personally, I only watch programmes I have recorded. Most 1 hour programmes (especially those from America) are in fact only 44 minutes long - even less if you take out the "previously on....", the end credits, and "next time on....". I don't want to know what happens next time, I WANT TO WATCH IT HAPPEN IN THE FULL LENGTH PROGRAMME!! Sorry for shouting, but it really gets my goat.
I also really, really hate the " next on BBC2 , BBC3 and ITV4 voice- and picture- overs. I sometimes actually like to read the credits and anyway, most people have either Sky, Virgin or Freeview (or soon will have) and can therefore PLAN up to a week in advance what they want to watch without having to remember to change channels. Isn't modern technology WONDERFUL!
As for the ads, most seem to be made to the lowest common denominator - ie the least intelligent among us, and therefore they need to be endlessly repeated so the message gets across to buy or use the products/services being advertised. At least, for the moment, commercial advertising on both terrestrial and digital TV is limited to however many minutes it is per hour - and yes, it is only an average rather than a hard and fast limit in any 1 hour. This means that for an hour before and after say X-Factor, advertising is less than the average, but a lot higher during this programme, just means higher income for ITV or any other commercial TV company. Amazing that what starts out as being a good(ish) thing is corrupted to the viewing public's disadvantage. Please, TV executive, don't argue, you know I'm right!

Posted on 24 Feb 2012 13:35:17 GMT
R. A. Caton says:
Go Compare I can stomach - that idiot on the Direct Line advts I cannot. Likewise the current "student" ads for BT broadband.

Posted on 25 Feb 2012 18:54:58 GMT
I gave up watching commercial tv years ago, I hate the amount of ads betwen programmes, if I do watch anything on broadcast tv it's the BBC. I would rather pay the license fee to be advert free! Most of the time if I want see see something that has been on tv I will buy the dvd and watch it in full with out those annoying adverts.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Feb 2012 14:42:41 GMT
sistermoon says:
Dave, the Grime & Lime ad always had me thinking of 'Whine & Grine', the Prince Buster song the Beat covered!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Feb 2012 14:44:13 GMT
sistermoon says:
Leon, Channel 5 cut a crucial part of Private Benjamin (the scene where Judy's husband dies on her wedding night) so they could shoehorn ads and that bloody news break in!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Feb 2012 14:45:40 GMT
sistermoon says:
The Crabbies ad got on my threepenny bits over Christmas 2011!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Feb 2012 14:47:29 GMT
sistermoon says:
Jenna - now the Goodies' ad spoofs WERE good, if a bit un-PC these days.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Feb 2012 14:48:37 GMT
sistermoon says:
Re:Turkish Airlines - that ad's longer than the programme it occurs in! Sky News suffers from airline ads every break.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Feb 2012 14:54:44 GMT
sistermoon says:
Ticked, I hope you saw the news that Wonga.com had their sponsorship ads taken off Channel 5 after a trailer was shown for a Whitney Houston documentary and the ident after had one of the puppets saying 'she looks good in a bodybag'!

Posted on 26 Feb 2012 17:03:05 GMT
Adam says:
i just watch shows on my ps3 on dvd. The only thing i watch is top gear on tv. Rest of its all crap. After ITV dropped the bill TV has gone right off my radar. Every single freeview channel is packed with crappy adverts and that is the sole reason i gave up a long time ago

Posted on 28 Feb 2012 09:45:41 GMT
Jeremy says:
Vodafone Yoda 'mate' ads are really getting on my nerves.. It's the annoying young actor who keeps on sneeringly putting down the 900 year old Jedi. Really awful.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2012 11:13:02 GMT
Mrs. S. Kerr says:
I agree I dont like the Go Compare.

Posted on 28 Feb 2012 13:44:04 GMT
Mrs. S. Kerr says:
i have a deep hatred for the i am an iams cat adverts. as if a cat would ever talk!!!

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 08:10:21 BDT
Sou'Wester says:
The adverts that most annoy me at the moment are those from firms cashing in on the PPI fiasco. It's apparently a straightforward process to claim money back from the banks in these cases, but some of these firms are reported to be charging as much as 25% of money claimed from their customers. Seems to be a case of consumers being ripped off twice!

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 20:17:31 BDT
I hate the "Confused.com" insurance advert. I used to like the Village people now this annoying advert has ruined the song.
I also hate those new dulux paint adverts

Posted on 29 Apr 2012 20:19:01 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Apr 2012 20:22:40 BDT]

Posted on 1 May 2012 09:26:24 BDT
TirolTiger says:
Annoying Adverts!
One of the most annoying things with the way TV Channels mutilate the programmes we want to watch is in NCIS. This is a very good programme, but some fool (boss) has decided to insert breaks into the actual programme with a ridiculous sound effect, grey-out the picture, and each time the greyed out picture is a frame FROM THE END OF THE UPCOMING part of the programme BEFORE the next identical stupid break! I wonder whether this may even be an attempt by the programme makers to ruin viewers recordings of each episode.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2012 23:32:00 BDT
as others have said all of them and one reaaon i stopped paying for tv licence ands decisded only to use tv as a monitor for watching vhs dvd and blu ray

as one onlky has a licence for live tv on any device type anything taped from other sources ie if iget parents to tape something on vhs or watch already pre taped programmes then i can get rid or not have ads in first place

my motto for any advertising is this

any type of adversitising i see or hear means i add it to my list of do not purchase

i only buy products i have not seen or heard advertising for as soon as advert is seen or heard i stop buying said product

so advertisers be warend all adverts put mer off your products

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 10:38:14 BDT
David Evans says:
Another great way is installing ad blocker software and watching as much commercial TV as possible on catch up services where you can watch programmes straight through without any interruptions.

I watched a programme the other day that on ITV for two hours. Watched it in 90 minutes, that half hour of my life saved from enduring, seemingly endless ad breaks.

Posted on 4 May 2012 11:53:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 May 2012 11:54:30 BDT
roastchicken says:
I think the "More Than" ads have had there day, these companies dont know when to stop !!
The "118 118" ads are becoming very boring and are not funny, no one in the right mind would use them, too exspensive!
"Comparethemarket" meerkats = now boring
"Go Compare" = now boring
The new "EDF" advert, whats that supposed to be, some sort of splodge, or a bad attempt at a flame or something?
These injury claim ads, just go on and on, we got the message lol

Posted on 6 May 2012 15:00:42 BDT
I have got so pissed off with adverts I have now stopped watching TV altogether, I have NO cable, NO TV licence, and NO sky, sky asked why I am switching off and I told them, they even offered me 75% discount to stay. I have NOT had TV since christmas 2010, and I know have a better life style and more time to do things I have been meaning to do for a long time. I will NOT be going back to TV ever again. Waste of my time and money. I just rent DVD movies from time to time and thats it.

Posted on 6 May 2012 15:40:13 BDT
Texas Tex says:
118 11 - bloody 8.... They sponsor the films on ITV, they get on my nerves. I know you sponsor the film, but do you have to repeat the same adverts over and over and over again!!!! Too many ads on TV, I record the show then skip through the ad breaks.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (643 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  161
Total posts:  291
Initial post:  7 Oct 2010
Latest post:  17 Aug 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 21 customers

Search Customer Discussions