Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now
Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

Save 'The Paradise'

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 209 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2014 16:18:07 BDT
Agree Donna ... has completely lost confidence in the BBC nowadays. And right now it feels like we fight and fight against windmills ... it blows but no one listens to us who just love this absolutely wonderful series. With such a beautiful story line and with such wonderful actors and that just the BBC left and don't give a damn how we felt about this series. It feels so frustrating and it seems that our struggle echoes of empty ears. Can we just get a sign of life from the Amazon with answer yes or no. So I wonder if it even helps to put a message here to get back this absolutely wonderful quality series. For it seems like there should not be quality series that appears nowadays on TV but more quantity series it seems. So please Amazon .. please, please help us fans all around the World so we can have back this serie who we simply love

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2014 18:04:21 BDT
Suzy Bear says:
Totally agree with you Barbro , we are going round in circles and we don't seem to be getting anywhere. We need answers from Amazon and the petition, otherwise we are wasting our time. Come on anybody !!!!! Help us SAVE this fantastic series.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2014 19:43:21 BDT
Ladies, I'm with you all the way...starting to feel desperate..
I only hope the lack of response is because Emun Elliott is
appearing on stage now until June 7th & possibly the other principle actors
are busy too.... :-(

Posted on 24 Apr 2014 18:26:50 BDT
Cindee says:
Hi everyone. I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but...I was told today, by a reliable source in Durham, that the set for The Paradise has indeed been dismantled. Based on that information, I don't hold much hope that we'll see a series three.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2014 21:11:11 BDT
Classy lady says:
Hi Cindee, we had heard this some time ago, but we will not give up. Sets can be rebuilt ! We cannot give up hope just yet !

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2014 14:31:41 BDT
A new set could always be built in a studio. Might not be as impressive but keep the same actors and I'm sure it would get the viewers.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2014 17:00:26 BDT
Cindee says:
That's true. Although with all the expense that they went through initially to build it, it just seems like a huge waste of money to take it down if there was any chance of it returning. I truly hope I'm wrong.

I don't know if it would be "the" Paradise without it being at the same location. That's just my opinion.

Posted on 25 Apr 2014 18:48:14 BDT
Why is nobody listening to us Save The PARADISE PLEASE

Posted on 25 Apr 2014 20:04:57 BDT
Why is no one listening ideed!! We've been at this discussion for two months now..does anyone even read these?? (Besides the fans, of course)..

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2014 22:47:55 BDT
Yes, you can really wonder if anyone more than us fans who read what we write here. Hate this silence. A simple yes or no would have been sufficient from Amazon.

Posted on 25 Apr 2014 23:38:26 BDT
Suzy Bear says:
I have just watched the latest BBC. 3 part costume drama Jamaica Inn .It was quite boring and the sound quality was very poor , you couldn't understand what they were saying. The only good thing about it was the set which must of cost a lot of money, probably contributed to The Paradise being cancelled. The actor who played the minister in Jamaica Inn is Ben Daniels who played Tom Weston who married Lady Katherine in The Paradise , probably all the actors from The Paradise have other jobs now. Which isn't good for the fans of the Fabulous Paradise, I feel really disheartened at the moment. No one is listening and no one seems to care. Please Save The Paradise !!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2014 14:50:08 BDT
I thought Jamaica Inn was very poor as well.
I would like to know when Amazon gets involved in discussons? Do they follow The Paradise facebook to keep up to date with the posts that are coming in from around the world?
Do Amazon realise THE PARADISE is a period drama with great potential superb cast and set? (I could go on)
With the disatrous result of Jamaica Inn this might be a good time to complain to BBC again. Let them know we are not giving up.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2014 18:34:02 BDT
Cindee says:
That's a great idea! There has been no shortage of complaints about Jamaica Inn, mostly the sound.

It does make one wonder why they put out another costume drama that clearly isn't doing so well, yet continue to ignore the thousands of us who are basically begging them to bring back The Paradise. It just doesn't make sense.

Posted on 27 Apr 2014 08:40:08 BDT
After watching the final scene in the first series of BBC's The Paradise all I could think about was what was going to happen to my two favourite characters, Moray and Denise. It felt like forever until the second series came out and I loved every minute of that too. There is so much that we need to learn about these and the other characters in this amazing series, the story just goes on and on in my head. Please please someone bring it back and soon!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2014 18:14:29 BDT
I so agree with you! And I think the 3rd series should be aired at 9pm again to enable, 'The Paradise', to include some real nitty, gritty moments as in the first series!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2014 18:29:51 BDT
Cindee says:
What day and time was it on there? In the US, it was on Sunday nights, I don't know what time because my husband always recorded it for me. The US still hasn't seen the 2nd series yet. I couldn't wait so I bought the DVDs as soon as they were available. I've watched the entire 16 episodes a couple of times. I've never tire of it but it sure would be nice to continue with the story.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2014 18:58:04 BDT
BD in IL says:
Where did you find Season 2? So far I've only been able to find the version that isn't viewable in the US.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2014 19:11:29 BDT
Cindee says:
I wasn't able to find it in the US. I bought the UK version and watched it on my computer. I'm guessing that once series two is aired in the US the DVD will probably be available then.

I eventually purchased a "universal" DVD player so I could watch it on our big screen TV. My husband didn't complain because I also bought the entire nine seasons of Waking the Dead for him at the same time. ;-) Loved that show too.

Posted on 27 Apr 2014 21:52:32 BDT
BK says:
Please save the paradise! I would love to see a season 3 - its so hard to find wonderful dramas and this one sure is it!

Posted on 31 May 2014 15:19:44 BDT
gail fowler says:
Please save The Paradise. Such a great show. I enjoyed it so much more than Mr. Selfridge.

Posted on 2 Jun 2014 02:34:56 BDT
Danielle says:
Please save/Finish the paradise,It was really one of the best shows Ive seen in years!

Posted on 14 Jun 2014 18:08:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Jun 2014 18:09:57 BDT
We fans of this wonderful series The Paradise is still here waiting for a positive response from someone out there

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/culture/culture-news/fans-bbc-costume-drama-paradise-7234849

Posted on 20 Jun 2014 17:35:46 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 20 Jun 2014 17:37:07 BDT]

Posted on 21 Jun 2014 21:22:56 BDT
lmk66 says:
BBC has a habit of cancelling shows with cliffhangers. They did it with both Copper and The Paradise. They not only prematurely end a series, but they end it without resolution for the fans, leaving them mid storyline. At this point, I think networks either need to make each season as a miniseries style storyline or commit to their viewers that they will never leave us without resolution. If they decide not to continue a show for a future season, and the storyline is not resolved (aka- a cliffhanger), they need to give us a movie to bring us resolution. If not, fans will give up on live viewing and wait until they know if a show is back for the next season before they become vested. They will bite off their nose to spite their faces, because they will drive away the viewers they so desperately want for their ratings and sponsors. People will binge watch in repeats, online and dvd instead.

Posted on 21 Jun 2014 21:30:00 BDT
Cindee says:
Well said!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (643 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  92
Total posts:  209
Initial post:  28 Feb 2014
Latest post:  27 Feb 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers

Search Customer Discussions