Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

best tv shows no-one else remembers....or do they???? lol

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1451-1475 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 23 Apr 2012 09:49:45 BDT
J. Walsh says:
I dont know if these have been metioned, back in the late 70's Hywel Bennett in Malace Aforthought, brilliant and much better that the one on DVD with Ben Miller . Also in the late 70's Dr Rob Buckman and an assortment of Doctors made a really funny sketch show called 'The Pink Medicine show' it was on ITV (or London Weekend) on a Friday night, followed by Love for Lydia which I think sort of started Jeremy Irons career off.....(sorry if I am wrong about that). Anyone remember these?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 11:21:32 BDT
Hi, I remember Malice Aforethought and can't find anything about it much on IMDB and I don't think its ever been released on video or dvd. There were several stories I seem to remember and one of these was about Constance Kent, which was turned into a drama recently on ITV, it was done well, but didn't seem to have the brutality of the original series. It was excellent, but I didn't remember it had Hywel Bennett in it! I vaguely remember the name The Pink Medicine Show, I remember more 'End of Part One' which was on late at night on ITV with several actors who became famous later - it was a sketch show.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 11:27:37 BDT
Hi, I bought The Ghosts of Motley Hall on dvd about 2 years ago, so its available, I used to watch Chelsmford 123 also, good old Rory McGrath! Taking Over the Asylum was great also, good stuff. Does anyone remember The Riff Raff Element? It was really great drama and funny too. What about Making Out with Margi Clarke about a factory in Manchester (before Clocking Off came along).

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 13:20:00 BDT
Shillingbury tales, I loved that too. As I remember it was perfect Englich life, didn't an MGB have a starring role?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 17:10:36 BDT
rosey says:
Chelmsford 123 I loved every minute of it. they don't make em like that any more pure genius.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 08:08:44 BDT
Moonzero2 says:
The Gemini man did not star David McCallum, he was in a US remake of H G Wells The Invisible man.

Gemini man had Ben Murphy in the lead.

From IMDB:-

Sam Casey is caught in an explosion which makes him invisible. By using a stabilizer in the form of a wrist watch, he can remain visible. By turning off this stabilizer, he can become invisible again for short periods of time. Any more than fifteen minutes of invisibility will make him disappear entirely. He uses this invisibility as a secret agent.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 08:09:43 BDT
Moonzero2 says:
I think Network have a complete series box set out

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 08:11:35 BDT
Moonzero2 says:
A double bill cartoon series series around half hour long. Motor mouse and autocat being one half and it's the wolf the other

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 19:25:03 BDT
Ben Murphy was the Gemini Man with the watch and the 15 minute a day time limit. David McCallum was The Invisible Man wit the plastic face mask :)

Posted on 5 May 2012 15:08:18 BDT
Some really old ones... Anyone remember the 'Out of the Unknown' series on BBC-2..? And even older still, does anyone recall 'The Mask of the Clown'?

Posted on 5 May 2012 16:23:05 BDT
anyone remember game,set and match?it was on itv in the eighties,i think it was about a spy network.

Posted on 5 May 2012 23:32:24 BDT
GH says:
yes, I remember Game, set and match, it was based on the books by len deighton and starred ian holm. I dont remember it ever being repeated, even on satelite.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 09:05:49 BDT
R. Mutton says:
I remember "Mask Of The Clown" from about 1962 0r 1963, when I was around 9 or 10 years old. It was made perhaps in France. It was childrens programme.

Posted on 7 May 2012 09:10:01 BDT
Wow! I think it was a UK show, but set in France. Just remember it used to scare me witless!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 10:45:11 BDT
R. Mutton says:
Recall the French association. From memory one of the characters had a name like Christobel. It was a little sinister like you expereinced The enigma of clowns also was a central theme. It is not available on DVD but there is a movie reference to it in that large internet movie database. I think. I'm living in New Zealand, so it was shown on the only channel we had back then.

Posted on 7 May 2012 10:56:44 BDT
Yes, we only had two channels in the UK - and they only ran from 4 till midnight or something! I remember there was a ventriloquists doll, which I think was the clown, who always appeared round a curtain. And one episode had someone's feet encased in quick drying cement, and left under a pier for the tide to come in. (Hasn't Children's TV changed!)

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2012 11:27:52 BDT
R. Mutton says:
Our TV back in the early Sixties would have started at six o'clock. The Mask Of The Clown would have been first up at six o'clock.
Childrens TV has become politically correct. All except the cartoons maybe? With fewer channels we shared more common viewing experiences as compared to today with multiple channels.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2012 06:50:21 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 29 May 2012 06:52:34 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2012 06:50:22 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 29 May 2012 06:51:24 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2012 15:38:52 BDT
it was about a lamb who was protected by a sheepdog but I can't remember the name of the cartoon, everytime the woolf got close the lamb would try to work out who it was and say something like "Is it my aunt Loo from Timbuctoo, nope I know who it is - its the woolum its the woolum" and the sheepdog would use his shepherds crook to launch the wolf - yep I am very sad

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2012 04:58:01 BDT
IraqiMac says:
It's called "It's the wolf". You will get clips of it on YouTube.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2012 05:05:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 31 May 2012 05:06:24 BDT
"It's the wooluf" I seem to recall.

It reminds me of the wolf character in the WB cartoons who bore a resemblance to Wile E Coyote. I believe his name was George and he tried various ways to pinch a sheep under the nose of the Sheepdog, who was named Ralph. They worked on a time clock and just as the dog was going to 'rough up' the wolf the 'knock off' siren would sound and he'd gently put him down { to be taken up again on the next shift }.

Now that was real humour.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2012 10:56:06 BDT
Totally agree with you about 'Prospects'. It was utterly brilliant. Was on Ch4 in 1985.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2012 11:01:55 BDT
Haha, you are a heroine; all three shows were brilliant.
All together..."Lalala,lalalala,lalala,lalalala...". Incidentally, if you haven't already, check out the film 'Kick Ass' which uses that tune to hilarious effect.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2012 20:51:43 BDT
I remember it, "all aboard the Skylark, oooh Nutty Noah, Aargh Nelly m'dear" featured in almost every episode I recall. Remember the one with the Chess people and Nelly had to knit them a chessboard? Happy days.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (637 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  931
Total posts:  1776
Initial post:  17 Oct 2008
Latest post:  14 Nov 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 87 customers

Search Customer Discussions