Posted on 16 Apr 2012 14:06:15 BDT
Hi there all,
Anybody know if single handed series one has subtitles? No info on Acorn
Tks
Ronnie

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2012 14:47:44 BDT
amadeus says:
Hi Ronnie
Answer to your enquiry re: Single handed series 1 is Yes and No. Yes it has subtitles in the USA and no not in the UK!! Apparently whilst the UK and American branches of Acorn are parent companies, they operate independently, which is why I can only get Murder Team Investigation Series 2 in the USA, but not in the country of it's birth. No further comment!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2012 15:02:47 BDT
Fleurbleue says:
Hi Ronnie
-------
Following the info from Amadeus, I have just found the same, so:

Single handed series 1, NTSC
ASIN: B004AV5H3U
3 episodes, each 92 min., YES they DO include SUBTITLES

Furthermore :
5.0 out of 5 stars
Excellent series--but PAL version has no subtitles (but NTSC version does).

You can find this article in this link :

Single Handed: Set 1 [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

This is the reason for which I bought a NTCS dvd reproducer....
Hope it helps. Nice week to you too !
fleur

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 15:41:17 BDT
I agree with all of you. I think that the subtitle information about the dvd's should be more accurate by Amazon. For some of us, this information is very important to decide wether we would buy it or not.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2012 16:49:27 BDT
Thanks Fleurblue and Amadeus t for your quick replies. Umfortunately as i live abroad, amazon sellers wont ship to my country. So i will have to wait for a visit to blighty in a few months.

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 17:34:10 BDT
Hi, everyone,
Please, has someone the item "The War of the Roses" (dir. by James Fowler, 2011)? Has it any kind of subtitles? Please, note that I do not mean the movie with the same title, starring Michael Douglas & Kathleen Turner, but instead the documentary about the English civil war between the Houses of York and Lancaster.
Hugs
Rogério

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 21:03:30 BDT
Ben says:
Hi everybody,

Just an info:

In case anybody is interested in this horror film "The Awakening" starring Imelda Staunton and Dominic West, this flick has English HOH subtitles.
Apparently, amazzzzzzon doesn't provide enough info (as usual). I just got my dvd.
Hope this helps to those interested in this genre!

Cheers!
ben

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2012 16:40:34 BDT
Mj KM Lowrie says:
Hi Ben
Thanks for that - it was on my list! Do you know about the Ides of March (George Clooney) by any chance?
Best
Chalfordkath

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2012 16:48:08 BDT
Wezzo says:
The Ides of March does have English subs.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2012 16:49:46 BDT
Mj KM Lowrie says:
Thanks a bunch - what service!
Chalfordkath

Posted on 20 Apr 2012 19:54:07 BDT
Weird, but just discovered a series called Soldier Soldier with Robson Green, who i saw in Wire in the Blood.
Anybody know wever there are subtitles ?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2012 20:54:07 BDT
P. Mann says:
Markus

Soldier Soldier was a series about life in the army. Very popular at the time. Good story lines. Even produced a number one hit single for Robson and Jerome! As to subtitles - sorry don't know. However Amazon are bound to publish whether there are or not won't they???????

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2012 21:28:36 BDT
You have a wonderful sense of humor. We need this on the forum, or we hit te bottle or go forthe Prozac

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 15:35:14 BDT
Fleurbleue says:
Hi Ronnie ! Re. Soldier Soldier. I have followed the usual steps, dvd-sub., AM US, AM FR, and not the shadow of a bit mention about subt. And you already know what that means ...... sorry.
best weekend,
fleur

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 15:47:26 BDT
Thanks
So soldier soldier goes out of he window

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2012 14:56:17 BDT
Fleurbleue says:
Hi Ronnie.... you know, I always keep in a post-it some items without subtitles at his moment,
and look forward news editions ... like it happened with "Silent Witness". At the end I have the
series with subtitles ..... of course after a long wait, but in the meantime I have other interesting
articles to see ...
By the way, have you seen the new version of "Tinker,taylor, soldier, spy" ? If so, did you
liked it ??

best sunday
fleur

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2012 15:29:21 BDT
Fleurbleue says:
Hi Rogério
-----------
Re.The Wars Of The Roses - A Bloody Crown [DVD]
With reference to your question, I have found the following comment from a customer :
The specials on weaponry, combat techniques, forensics, and the archeological site of Bosworth Field are all well worth watching. You may want to turn on the subtitles; at times, the music overwhelms the narrative. unquote

I understand by this comment that it DOES have subtitles.....
However, you can verify the comment by yourself.

It is from FYI

http://www.amazon.com/The-Wars-Roses-Bloody-Crown/dp/B004XC5LQE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335104724&sr=8-1

Hope that helps.
best sunday
fleur

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 10:10:34 BDT
I have emailed Amazon repeatedly about their failure often to exclude any information regarding subtitles. I have never received a reply. Unless subtitles are specified in the DVD description, I don't make the purchase - fullstop.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 12:11:49 BDT
Before you decide not to order, check the forum. They have helped me no end.
You are not alone !!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 12:41:19 BDT
Wolfman says:
I Agree. My Wife is hard of hearing and there are times I do not buy DVD's as they do not state if they have subtitles are not. I am aware that at times even the Film studio's do not advise of this, but it should be simple enough to open a DVD and check if they contain subtitles

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 12:46:22 BDT
BPR says:
Hi guys, I have mentioned it in this thread a long time ago, but I fully recommend using www.dvdcompare.net as an additional resource. We list the subtitling info on over 55000 releases from around the world. Thanks. You can also enter our forum and request a comparison which we will do our best to find.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 19:40:19 BDT
Mj KM Lowrie says:
Hello BPR
Thanks for this - new to me. Will check it out!
I agree with Markus that this forum has helped me a lot! Great to know you are not alone in the frustrating world of subtitling. I would never have found out my Porridge boxset was PART subtitled & that the second & subsequent Spooks had subtitling without it.
Chalfordkath

Posted on 24 Apr 2012 08:00:02 BDT
Just got an email from amazon rearding a series called Public Enemies.

Anyone know about subtitles?

By the way , Kidnap and Ransom with Trevor Eve series two is just brilliant and does have subtitles. Yes amazon says so.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2012 10:13:52 BDT
Moncho says:
Thanks a lot Ronnie

Posted on 24 Apr 2012 19:17:15 BDT
Silent Witness season 15 out in june. No info on subtitles but definately not the Dutch import.please advise
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (633 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  370
Total posts:  1902
Initial post:  7 Jan 2009
Latest post:  4 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 48 customers

Search Customer Discussions