Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

Tv theme tunes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-87 of 87 posts in this discussion
Posted on 13 Nov 2012 11:44:05 GMT
I always found the theme tune from the 70s comedy MAN ABOUT THE HOUSE to be very catchy.Also TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED.

Posted on 14 Nov 2012 12:17:15 GMT
John Gammon says:
There was a very haunting theme for the Public Eye show in the 1960s and 1970s by "Robert Earley" (Bob Sharples). It had several versions but was very rhythmic, very dark, with a lot of interesting modern jazz discordance - fitted in very well with the down at heel British private detective that the series was about. The tune seems to pop into my mind at least once or twice a week.

There don't seem to be that many memorable themes in modern British TV drama these days, where it seems they are going through a phase of very atmospheric, but very unhummable tunes. I started to notice this in the late 1970s, with George Fenton's music for the Euston Films series Out.

Posted on 18 Nov 2012 19:26:53 GMT
GUS c says:
I really like the Theme tune to Randal and hopkirk. The Vic and Bob version

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 00:36:58 GMT
Leon Star says:
Here are my favourites:
Blake's 7
Dr Who
Star Trek:The Next Generation
The Crystal Maze
Treasure Hunt
The Adventure Game
Black beauty
Space 1999
The Tomorrow People
The Adventure Game
Rising Damp
Van der Valk
The Magic Roundabout
The Herbs
Mr Benn
The Wombles
Count Duckula (awesome cartoon fun!) :D
Knightmare
Joe 90
Camberwick Green
Chigley
Vision On (clock sequence, gallery theme, and the theme itself)
Rainbow
Screen Test
Follyfoot, and many more I can think of.... :)

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2012 00:42:53 GMT
Leon Star says:
Ah yes, Tales of the Unexpected is a most memorable theme tune! :)

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2012 10:33:58 GMT
sistermoon says:
The Van Der Valk theme always closed 'Alan Partridge's Mid-Morning Matters' on Sky Atlantic - somehow I always felt sad at the end!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2012 10:37:30 GMT
sistermoon says:
You're A Star by Carl Wayne also appeared in the drama 'Cruise Of The Gods', about a fan convention on a cruise ship featuring the cast of an 80's sci-fi series.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2012 10:39:29 GMT
sistermoon says:
The Lionsgate ident at the end of Nurse Jackie always sounds to me like the Star Trek: The Next Generation theme!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2012 10:41:49 GMT
sistermoon says:
The Cuckoo theme from Vision On also began The Adventures of Gurney Slade. Jarvis Cocker on 6 Music asked his listeners if this tune came before Mose Allison's 'Parchman Farm' as both had this recurring piano riff!

Posted on 25 Nov 2012 21:09:45 GMT
Did anyone watch the bbc adaptation of Kingsley Amis's "The Old Devils"? I loved the theme tune to the series - it was jazz, started with drums and then a saxophone joined in. Despite many searches, I have been unable to find out what the music was. Does any very clever person out there know what the music is? Thanks so much.

Posted on 26 Nov 2012 20:23:50 GMT
NickB says:
Doctor Who
Red Dwarf
Professionals
CSI Miami
CSI New York
F1

Posted on 27 Nov 2012 23:21:59 GMT
S. J. Sharp says:
for me there aer so many most aer from 80's or 90's shows though I don't really know wehere to begin or what to choose that I like but I would probably say the Blockbusters theme tune (bob Holness era) was one of my faves the BBC F1 theme they used when Murray Walker was commentating and another fave has got to be Star Trek TNG they'd probably be my top3 but there are so many
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  66
Total posts:  87
Initial post:  29 Sep 2010
Latest post:  27 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions