Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

Save 'The Paradise'

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 161 posts in this discussion
Posted on 2 Mar 2014 00:49:02 GMT
MABELELSIE says:
I really think The Paradise suffered with bad timing. The first series was put out on a Tuesday night,when it really was a Sunday evening programme. The second series was shown on a Sunday evening against the X factor on the run up to Christmas. Try putting Call the midwife or ripper st on at either of these times and I am sure their ratings would have suffered.
The Paradise was a very refreshing fantastic love story at a time when we need more programmes like it ,with no swearing ,bad language or explicit sex scenes.
Please make a third series and show it on a Sunday evening after Christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Mar 2014 00:55:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Mar 2014 00:58:36 GMT
Classy lady says:
You have made some very valid points in your post Mabelelsie fingers crossed they are considered.

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 01:33:23 GMT
Please save The Paradise! I cannot tell how much my friends and I have enjoyed series 1 and 2 of the Paradise. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the BBC axed it. THis program is beautifully written with wonder actors. The fans can't get enough of the Paradise. Please help save it.

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 01:42:14 GMT
Katherine says:
I bought both series 1 and 2 on DVD from Amazon and have watched every episode more times than I would like to admit. But each time I notice something new - the sign of a brilliant production. The cast is incredible - Elaine Cassidy (What a performance! She had me feeling differently towards her every episode), Emun Elliott and Joanna Vanderham (Such glorious chemistry and Mr Selfridge presents no competition for the charismatic Mr Moray) and Sonya Cassidy (a strong actress and realistic portrayal of her character). I need a third (at least) series.

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 02:31:48 GMT
Andrea Guy says:
Please save The Paradise! I LOVE this show! It is so beautiful and so well-done. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 04:24:52 GMT
I loved The Paradise and can't imagine not having it continue. I was even on vacation in Hawaii and was about to watch it even then until I realized that it was series 1 and not 2 but I watched it again anyway.

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 06:14:54 GMT
A. GLOVER says:
www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/bbc-save-the-paradise

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 06:39:22 GMT
Please save it!!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Mar 2014 07:41:24 GMT
G & M says:
I agree to what they say.

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 07:46:33 GMT
Another series of the paradise please! It's just too good to stop at series 2.

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 08:59:55 GMT
Gary D says:
An absolutely unmissable programme. I think the BBC rushed through the last few episodes of Series 2 (prob as they knew it wouldn't be returning). However a Series that wasn't controversial, or gory, or didn't involve sex scenes, or violence and was just compulsive viewing, is obviously not what the BBC think its viewers want to see. BUT I MOST CERTAINLY DO. I am actually REALLY annoyed with the BBC - it pulled us in to this fantastic series and then dropped it without really appreciating the 'draw' and appeal of this series. The BBC were in competition with Mr Selfridge (never watched it as didn't get into it from first few minutes) and they've panicked. I would be beyond delighted if it was to return as would millions of others.

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 09:00:00 GMT
Caz004 says:
Amazon please save The Paradise! It's such a beautiful show, that everyone is appalled that it's been cancelled! We love The Paradise so much and would love to see it back on our screens!

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 09:29:22 GMT
Hope Tarrant says:
Please save The Paradise series! Loved, loved, that show! Tried watching Selfridge's, just couldn't get into it. The Paradise story lines and cast chemistry is excellent, it was such a lovely series. We here in the U.S. rely on the UK to give us these marvelous shows, this is one of my all time favorites! Please bring it back!

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 09:40:56 GMT
The Paradise had over 5 million viewers, which was more than Ripper Street had. Both are good quality dramas, it's great that we're getting a third series of Ripper Street, but we need a third series of The Paradise too!

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 12:18:10 GMT
Gutted we have lost an amazing programme all due to bbc yet again!
This series has way more to give and has been cut short.

Bring it back!!!!

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 12:59:51 GMT
Need one more series at least. We need to see the Paradise safely back in the hands of Moray and Denise. A wedding would finish it off nicely.

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 14:21:58 GMT
Katherine says:
"...It is a sound enterprise, with potential for extensive expansion. We are not vulnerable to the whims of fashion - in fact, we are always ahead of our customers. As modern manufacturing creates new goods, we are the first to offer them... What they want is the new, the glamorous... People want betterment and ... is a haven for all that they wish for."

You could be forgiven for thinking that this is about Amazon but fans of 'The Paradise' will know that this is a quote from series 2, episode 6, written by Bill Gallagher and expressed by Denise.

Don't you think it would make quite the story to have the current shopping giant, Amazon, revive the shopping giant of yesteryear? It may even have been Amazon's inspiration (I know it's fiction). I can see the headlines now!

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 16:04:18 GMT
DC says:
Please, please bring back The Paradise i was so looking forward to seeing another series its a very well acted descent show and i love Denise & Moray

Posted on 2 Mar 2014 22:06:05 GMT
BD in IL says:
The USA loves "The Paradise" too. We haven't even seen Season Two yet. Please help us keep this wonderful show.

Posted on 3 Mar 2014 08:25:38 GMT
J. Heath says:
I love this programme! It's so annoying that the B.B.C have cancelled it. We were all so looking forward to the next series and 'the wedding'. Please help Amazon. You know you want to. :-))

Posted on 3 Mar 2014 08:37:28 GMT
Please save The Paradise, best show on TV

Posted on 3 Mar 2014 16:32:19 GMT
Amber Sweet says:
Please bring back The Paradise. This heartwarming, charming, and funny drama deserves another series.

Posted on 3 Mar 2014 23:05:45 GMT
bunnygirl says:
I think bbc should do another series 3 I got all the DVDs and we need a 3 I hope they do

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2014 23:10:33 GMT
bunnygirl says:
You are so right on that amber x

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 00:18:02 GMT
Cindee says:
Amazon...please, please rescue The Paradise like you did Ripper Street (also another favorite of mine). The viewer numbers the BBC shows are just for the UK and don't take into consideration the rest of the world. I'm in the US and know many people who were devastated to learn that it had been cancelled...even before the US got to see the second series. I liked series one so much that I ordered the DVD set from you. I even ordered a couple for family and friends. Everyone I know loved the series and are very disappointed that it's been cancelled. Personally...I'd be willing to pay to see it on Amazon Prime.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (622 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  84
Total posts:  161
Initial post:  28 Feb 2014
Latest post:  12 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers

Search Customer Discussions