Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

Tv Shows you HATED... for weird reasons

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-49 of 49 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2012 13:05:49 GMT
sistermoon says:
Was the Dynasty incident an inspiration for the Family Guy episode where Peter Griffin tells about his African slave ancestor?

Posted on 5 Mar 2012 12:37:46 GMT
Celtwytch says:
While I happily watched medical dramas such as ER and St. Elsewhere (not so keen on the new breed, such as Grey's Anatomy), I cannot watch programmes that involve vets. It upsets me far too much to watch animals suffer. Even while watching dramas or soaps, I cry more when a dog dies than when a human character does!

Posted on 5 Mar 2012 15:02:28 GMT
JONESY says:
Couldn't watch "Friends" because the Joey character's goofy boggly-eyed look annoyed the hell out of me. The fact that i couldn't watch it also annoyed the hell out of me because i really thought "Monica" was hot.
Hate Witchfinder General. Good film, but unfortunately Old Man Steptoe turns up in it half way through as a yokel, which absolutely ruins it.
For some unknown reason , can't watch any film with Jeff Fahey, Rowan Atkinson or Kurt Russell in.
Can't watch Dawn French or Lenny Henry as they both really depress me.

Posted on 6 Mar 2012 09:14:32 GMT
Hang Ten says:
Numbers for me is the stupidiest show on TV, I know Iīm in the minority here, I brought the 1st season on DVD as it sounded great, using maths to solve crimes, I thought they would explain how maths is used except we only see a huge Good Will Hunting style maths equation, which for me is just a mumble jumble of numbers and we are told that this equation was used to solve the crime, or we hear something like "using this complex algo rythm i was able to..."

I remember with one episode, after a few bank robberies, spanning a couple of months, the maths genius is able to make an equation to predict exactly when and exactly where these robbers will strike next, Iīm no math genius but this is impossible to predict, ok, so if over the space of 2 months I eat out at different restaurants 5 or 6 times, using a maths equation then, he would be able to tell me when and where I will eat out next, impossible, there are too many variables, I might not feel like Chinese tonight, it might be raining, I might be sick, Numbers might be on telly so I decide to stay home last minute.

Another doozy was the episode when someone committed suicide by jumping off a bridge, the maths genius comes along and starts spouting that he didnīt jump he was pushed, as if he stepped off the bridge himself, he would have landed here, he landed 30 cm away from where should have landed so he was pushed, once again there are too many variables, maybe there was a gust of wind, maybe he stepped off, maybe he jumped off, maybe he ran and leaped off, its just cringe worthy, do they take us for idiots?.

I disliked all the characters, especially the maths profesor, who always looks like heīs constipated pondering lifes greatest mysteries, the lead character is so un convincing as a FBI special agent, I could go on and on.

If I catch an episode now on TV, I watch just to laugh at how bad it is, like being in the catagory its so bad its good.

Other worthy mentions, Sex And The City, a show about 3 women and their horse, I also couldnīt get into 6 Ft Under.

Jonesy. Agreed with Friends, I too, have never seen a full episode but what I have seen didnīt impress me at all.

Would love to hear other opinions on Numbers

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Mar 2012 13:52:29 GMT
sistermoon says:
When Eastenders got a shot of the Gherkin in one week I longed for the Comedy Central logo to bounce off it! I agree about the general dreariness of the programme.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Mar 2012 13:54:41 GMT
sistermoon says:
Re:Old Man Steptoe in Witchfinder General. Did you expect anyone to say 'what a CLEAN old man!' after he was also in A Hard Day's Night as Paul's (mythical) grandfather?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Mar 2012 17:05:48 GMT
Agnetha says:
Open all hours, because I had a stammer at school age and was teased like hell about it and having a comedy with the main character having a stammer was the last thing I needed.

Posted on 6 Mar 2012 17:25:00 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 6 Mar 2012 17:26:26 GMT]

Posted on 6 Mar 2012 22:44:03 GMT
I hate soap operas, the Scottish ones are embarrassingly awful and the English ones are so depressing. Reality shows...yuk but the TV shows I hate for weird reasons are Dr Who because it was the first TV programme I ever saw (we were very late getting TV in my part of the world) and it was so scary seeing weird talking giant eggbox things roaming about after the sedate radio "Listen with Mother" entertainment I was used to.

CSI Miami is so bad I sometimes watch it just to see how awful the acting is, I like the city architecture scenes though. My friends once played a drinking game for every time Horatio put his sunglasses off and on again - I'm pretty sure it was over 30 times in one epic episode because my pals were were all quite merry by the time the programme ended :-)

Posted on 8 Mar 2012 13:07:45 GMT
Celtwytch says:
Paranoid Hippy, I'm with you on the subject of CSI Miami! I had such high hopes for this series, as I enjoy CSI Vegas so much, but after a few episodes, I really couldn't take Horatio "Hands-on-hips" Cain any more. (That's one to add to your drinking game - although combining the number of times he puts his hands on his hips with the sunglasses thing would probably lead to alcohol poisoning)

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2012 13:40:05 GMT
sistermoon says:
I always thought Horatio Caine's name ought to be Marti Nelson!

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2012 22:15:44 GMT
T. CROWE says:
Tim Crowe:Ditto mate!

Posted on 9 Mar 2012 08:13:42 GMT
I hate batman, the old 60's tv series with Adam West because I just have a very strong association with it of being hungry! When I was small (back in the 70's) I was a latch-key kid and would get home from school to a cold and lonely flat. Batman was on at this time and I would sit there watching it and waiting for someone to get home so some semblance of a meal could be constructed.
I get hunger pangs now if I ever catch it on; it's like Pavlovs dogs!

Posted on 10 Mar 2012 16:49:34 GMT
Sou'Wester says:
Virtually any TV news broadcast; always end up wanting to throw a brick at the screen when the stupid, dramatic chords open up each bulletin and the hopelessly over-stylised set designs come into view. It's also infuriating when the newscaster makes a report and then hands viewers over to an "on the scene" reporter who then repeats what the newscaster has just told everyone. TV news coverage is all packaging and no content.

Posted on 10 Mar 2012 19:54:37 GMT
big brother, and survivor and many other shows like that.
I love space 1999 though, it was of it's time, but it's still alot of fun to watch.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2012 15:54:21 BDT
Hollyoaks because all the actors are young 10-25 yr olds and its meant to be realistic, how many areas do you know that have no middle aged, old people living in them.

Australian soaps - the students are oh i'll miss the hardcore clubbing night thats arranged so i can STUDY, how many students do you know would miss a party night to study

Waterloo Road is set in a school yet all the teachers and students are off wondering the streets with nobody in the school notiching they have gone

Posted on 31 Mar 2012 00:56:49 BDT
lovejoy, i couldnt stand ian mcshane's hair, it was so patronising.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Mar 2012 23:27:03 BDT
big brother why would I want to watch people in a house its like being a peeping tom?
Grim looks like a really rip off of supernatural
prison break seriously how man series do they need to get out of there XD
sex in the city sluts messing round discussing shoes well isnt this high cultured television

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Mar 2012 23:31:04 BDT
I hate matt smith he looks like a twilight wannabe I despise those glittering pixie deluded excuses for vampires!
Also matt smith his face he just pisses me off amy pond is a skank and frankly I miss david tennat he was funny and pretty hot and with catherine tate I was just cracking up the pair were great! now I cant watch it its a piss poor americanised for bbc america doctor who and it makes me sick, I hold my david tennat doctor whos on dvd close and glare hatefully at matt smith for killing it.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Mar 2012 23:34:51 BDT
Oiy as a cardiffian I object I liked the fact for once it was not set in bloody london? whats so great about london?
Cardiff is a beautiful capital city of wales!!!
the stupid thing about torchwood was the constant sexual activities on it

Posted on 1 Apr 2012 03:54:40 BDT
I tried and ultimately failed to watch 'Criminal Minds' once. Not because it was a terrible show (could be really good for all I know) but every time I see Mandy Patinkin's face I think Inigo Montoya, I just can't help it.

The X-Files theme used to give me nightmares when I was a kid.

Doctor Who has come up a lot so now I'll tell you my story. I refused to watch it for years because people kept telling me I'd love it. I ended up being forced to watch an episode by one of my friends who then proceeded to explain EVERY LITTLE THING. Naturally I hated it. I saw an ad on ABC2 earlier this year for Doctor Who (they were replaying the whole series) and I thought Charles Dickens and zombies, I'll watch that. Then I watched another episode, and another. I've now seen all of NuWho.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Apr 2012 17:53:40 BDT
Shameless - the fact that when a main character leaves nobody ever mentions them again like they were never there to begin with.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2012 03:14:19 BDT
macmc says:
Are you just like the television representation of your age bracket?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2012 12:23:58 BDT
I watch all sorts of TV, from Crime Dramas, Thrillers, Comedy, Sci Fi etc but just those things annoy me
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (622 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  40
Total posts:  49
Initial post:  27 Jun 2009
Latest post:  2 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions