Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

Just One Role

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jul 2011 11:14:06 BDT
Da Parsons says:
The discussion about most overrrated actor is very good, but do you nthink there is one role for every actor, who could probably play it better than anybody? Eg A musclebound ancient warrior who only speaks in monosyllables or grunts or a punch drunk boxer of limited intelligence who gets a shot at the title. Bet you can't guess who I mean Lol
Anyway are there parts played by certain actor - sic who would never have a chance of gracing the Oscar Stage, except for one role in which you felt they were made for the part

Posted on 10 Jul 2011 21:46:33 BDT
West25 says:
Peter Falk seemed born to play the role of Columbo, despite being a very good actor, I doubt most people would know him outside of Columbo, a role he embodied for 35 years and I could never imagine another actor in the role.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2012 13:10:31 GMT
sistermoon says:
Da Parsons, the musclebound ancient warrior sounds like Brendan Fraser in California Man (Encino Man in the US) as well as George Of The Jungle!

Posted on 7 Feb 2012 08:52:56 GMT
Tom Baker was made to be THE Doctor.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2012 15:02:56 BDT
sistermoon says:
Peter Falk also portrayed Guy Gisburne in Robin & The 7 Hoods, a retelling of the Robin Hood legend setting it in the Prohibition era. I never expected him to sing in this!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (620 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  9 Jul 2011
Latest post:  6 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions