Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

Shows that are given the axe, without an ending.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 199 posts in this discussion
Posted on 9 May 2012 23:55:52 BDT
MR says:
Twin. Peaks.

Posted on 9 May 2012 23:27:15 BDT
K. Rowley says:
How about Blakes Seven and the excellent 1970's children's tv show Ace Of Wands - both ended on 'are they on the floor dead or just stunned' cliffhangers. Ace Of Wands could be brought back as an adult tv show, all the actors are still around and look remarkably well for their ages. It would be great to see them resume their adventures.

Posted on 9 May 2012 22:33:32 BDT
Quornhog says:
All those mentions of "Reaper" remind me of "Brimstone". Same premise, different setting, and cancelled after 13 episodes. As the pilot established that there were 113 souls to be returned to hell, the makers were obviously aiming for a long run, but...

My favourite episode was the one with the car. Hilarious.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2011 14:30:10 GMT
mark dowson says:
So True, have viewed both the films recently looking for "extra" clues. One must assume that a third film was planned but the finance was not forthcoming. Great shame because the second film set things up quite nicely . Almost as frustrating as "Ed" still not being out on DVD.

Posted on 1 Dec 2011 09:47:46 GMT
Dirty Sexy Money, I loved the show yet it was cancelled in America and then Channel 4 moved the rest of it to E4 so I couldn't watch it on 4oD! Also Ugly Bettys ending was crap, yet another brilliant programe.

Posted on 27 Nov 2011 13:38:13 GMT
Lie to me was my favourite drama on sky 1, but they got rid halfway through series 3 because they only got five million viewers! I would not bother with the dvd's because like the rest before me no endings!!)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2011 06:31:42 GMT
Totally Agree there but NBC has since series one been cancelling / extending the take ups of Chuck and that must have made it hard to say the least to try and keep a plot line running through out also changing the numbers of Episodes per season at one point several times i feel they done a blinding job of it .

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2011 05:58:57 GMT
Boo Diddley says:
Chuck is brilliant, however I think it has come to a natural conclusion, and while I'm sure the 5th half season will be great, it could have ended sadly, but satisfactory, with season 4

Posted on 24 Nov 2011 00:46:27 GMT
Chuck (NBC) is in its last season ... Saying that NBC have tried ending this series several times ... Ive been a fan of this show from the start found it a refreshing change ok a little

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2011 00:01:55 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 24 Nov 2011 00:03:06 GMT]

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 17:47:17 GMT
DV8 Diva says:
There should a final episode of 'Footballers Wives' to tie everything up. Did Tanya Turner take the poison? What happened to Liberty Baker after she got glassed in the loo?Is Lucy's unborn baby really Trey Gidigbe's? I know- I should get out more. lol

Posted on 19 Nov 2011 09:20:32 GMT
Liz S says:
Deadwood! Simply the best series ever. It was left hanging in the air after series 3.

Posted on 18 Nov 2011 20:29:18 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Nov 2011 20:31:18 GMT
DJ-Cyphon says:
"Heroes" - granted it wasnt anywhere near as good as when it started but why did they axe it when the producers said theyre making one more series to "Tie Everything Up"? (Ended on a massive cliffhanger) if theyre going to axe something when its the last series...atleast let 'em finish it...for the fans atleast.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2011 08:25:50 GMT
Firefly/Serenity was a great series and movie that i think could have gone on for many a season greatly missed by me

Posted on 18 Nov 2011 04:43:43 GMT
SamsyXIII says:
Heroes!! such a damn cliffhanger end - there was talk of a tv movie, havent seen it yet tho :/ - also you can include Firefly to the list - despite the Serenity movie which was a great closure - a second season would have been nice!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2011 02:39:54 GMT
I personally think starting a series or show should be treated as a contract to the viewers. Anyone can write a good chapter or two but it's the ending that's important to just stop a show with things up in the air after us the viewers have sat watching as loyal viewers for independent TV channels they have earn money from advertising that basically they shouldn't have and for the likes of the BBC the licence fee in part would be for nought ... If you bought a book missing the last two chapters you would get your money back .. If you purchased a car without an engine for example.. Ok that's a little extreme but for example watching a detective series Seeing the crime taking place then watching the investigation starting how on earth can you just stop things with it up in the air... there would be riots in movie theatres if the films stopped half way through with the excuse oh we ran out of cash .. BUT the film wouldn't have started being shown...A recent but not totally un related example I find is The BBC spend a gazillion pounds of licence payers money securing allegedly Formular One motor racing .. In 2008 the Beeb jumps around shouting at the top of there voices yippee we have secured a deal total rites till the end of 2013 well we got 09/10&11 60% of the deal promised or should I say as a licence payer 60% of the product purchased before the under the table back door deals went down. Big fans possibly have purchased HD equipment only to find now they also will have to go pay per view with another company hence there Freeview equipment now not up to the job ..

Sorry you may think ive gone off subject and maybe I have a little but all TV companies should and in my view MUST be controlled and should live up to there responsibilities to us there customers if not they are offering a service they have no need to live up to WHO do they think they are promising one thing then going back on there words and doing only part of there jobs??? Politicians

Posted on 18 Nov 2011 00:15:47 GMT
sonicscooby says:
I don't know whether anyone's mentioned American Gothic - just ended with no real conclusion and out come - Loved Gary Cole in it - his best part ever I think.
Also, thought the Guardian did finish pretty conclusively, Nick finished his Community service, which was the whole premise of the series, and.. but I don't want to spoil for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Think they could easily get away with continuing Nick's story, but maybe, sometimes. it;'s good to know when to stop. Loved it though, much better than the mentalist I thought, Simon Baker is a pretty good actor to play two such different characters, and Nick Fallon was so complex, but vulnerable. Hope they bring out the DVDs for the UK.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2010 22:21:33 GMT
Master Card says:
I`ve some shows I`d like to see ended immediately, Coronation St, Eastenders, both have outlived their entertainment life, also anything that has the public voting on premium rate numbers.

Posted on 7 Feb 2010 21:23:18 GMT
British TV is just as guilty of leaving us in suspense. I was a fan of Adam Faith and was looking forward to seeing him in a comic role when the series The House That Jack Built was aired and managed to record 5 episodes but they never showed no.6 as far as i know. i admit it was'nt on a par with Fools & Horses but you have to at least give it a chance. Last time i looked it was'nt available on DVD but the other thing that annoys me is when a British TV series is released on the other side of the pond before we get it, if at all.....

Posted on 7 Feb 2010 20:26:14 GMT
The A-Team. The last episode ran like a normal episode and it ended like one. The final season only got half way through when they cancelled it. There was meant to be another 10 episodes but it wasn't to be.

Posted on 7 Feb 2010 16:54:00 GMT
Obelix says:
Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors and Dungeons and Dragons. Two decent cartoons for 80's kids, and neither one of them got to make a last episode!!!

Posted on 7 Feb 2010 11:28:24 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Feb 2010 11:31:36 GMT
spiderboris says:
I shall second ThulŽatan and mention Chris Carter's Millennium again. Dark and unrelentingly bleak it may have been, but this was a show with a surprising amount of depth that certainly went on to influence many modern shows, perhaps more than even the X-Files did. Also certainly in the UK it was murdered by bad sheduling on ITV, who I don't think even got around to airing the second or third seasons.

Even a decade after its coming to an end, there's still a strong fan push to get the show brought back in movie form. Chris Carter and the show's star Lance Henriksen have spoken about it being a distinct possibility, although I suspect its not all that likely anytime soon. There are however, fan-written scripts for a further two seasons available online. Can't vouch for whether they're any good or not though as I haven't bothered to read them yet...

Posted on 5 Feb 2010 21:18:29 GMT
Miss X and Y says:
Surprised to see no Veronica Mars mentioned here, excellent quirky little series, gone after 3 seasons. e4 recently reran the whole series, which was good to see but aired in an early morning or afternoon slot meaning some of the more adult content was lost. A series too smart for it's own good but thought it was a bit of a disappointing ending, I've seen the promo they made for a fourth season, shame we never got to see it come to fruition.

Posted on 4 Feb 2010 19:41:36 GMT
What about 'Reaper' !!!!!

Posted on 23 Jan 2010 21:41:20 GMT
normngrey says:
I wait for stuff to be available on DVD - can't stand adverts. SO those execs who don't think beyond immediate viewings are being rather short sighted.

I own't be surprised if HBO cans True Blood like they did Deadwood. They wimped out over pressure by a minority.

Others I miss -

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Carnivale
Weeds (in the UK not available after Season 3)
Life

All of these and many otehr programs are infinitely more fun to watch on DVD since there are no interrruptions to episodes by adverts meaning each episode is that viewing is more enjoyable due to the continuity.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (628 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  168
Total posts:  199
Initial post:  9 Aug 2009
Latest post:  9 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions