Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

TV show Midnight Caller why is it not on DVD??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 75 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jan 2014 07:56:50 GMT
pauland says:
"A Canadian seller? Would love to know who..."

I think the clue is in markyd3's post.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jan 2014 03:08:11 GMT
A Canadian seller? Would love to know who...

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2013 23:04:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Sep 2013 23:06:14 BDT
markyd3 says:
(I'm tracking down a Canadian place that sells DVDs of hit TV series and Midnight Caller is one of them. So apparently, the show is indeed on DVD. I'm amazed and happy about it. $68 + 20 shipping - tvserieshits.com)

I was thinking of ordering from here but unfortunately its $45 shipping to the UK!!

Posted on 25 Sep 2013 22:36:53 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Sep 2013 22:39:24 BDT
markyd3 says:
So is anybody over here in the UK selling the complete series for a sensible price?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Aug 2013 22:44:54 BDT
maggie says:
I already did. Please read comments already made. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Aug 2013 17:41:27 BDT
LeMarchand says:
You should be aware that as the show has not had an official DVD release these are likely to be copies from VHS, so the quality may not be "DVD" standard. However, as it's likely to be the only way to get the show on disc...

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Aug 2013 14:56:22 BDT
maggie says:
Haven't yet placed an order so can't vouch for tvserieshits (dotcom) delivery or quality, only that they do list the entire series Midnight Caller. We're leaving for vacation and will order when we return. In meantime, if you order, please post results here. Thanks.

Posted on 23 Aug 2013 10:54:16 BDT
@maggie, Can you let us know how you get on!

If you can, can you post the contact info for the seller of the DVD's

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Aug 2013 00:06:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Aug 2013 00:07:19 BDT
maggie says:
I'm tracking down a Canadian place that sells DVDs of hit TV series and Midnight Caller is one of them. So apparently, the show is indeed on DVD. I'm amazed and happy about it. $68 + 20 shipping

Posted on 22 Aug 2013 23:09:10 BDT
F. Dyke says:
I love this programme and like many others came here to try and find it on DVD....why oh why hasn't it been released :(

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2013 01:06:36 BDT
I don't know if it's been elaborated on and I don't remember the soundtrack of the show other than the soundtrack, but it is probably the same as the Wonder Years. The amount of royalties that would have to be payed out would be immense.

Posted on 3 Mar 2013 05:36:10 GMT
fruitloops says:
ive looked a few times for it, but kinda lost interest now. too many dvds i never get round to watching already. if it was on tv id watch it though. illogical i know.

a more weird non appearance on dvd is "now and again". only lasted one season, but was really popular. i saw it late night on itv years ago, id love to see it again. even though it ended on an unresolved cliffhanger, cos it got cancelled before a second season. it was on itv4 i think last year or so, but i didnt know it was on. one of the best tv shows ive ever seen. im stunned its not available on region 1, with the semi-famous actors that were in it.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2013 22:56:24 GMT
maggie says:
Ahhhh, The Sweeney. What a grand series that was! The only character who could compare with Winstone's was Philip Glenister's Gene Hunt.

Posted on 1 Mar 2013 22:34:34 GMT
P. Thomas says:
For an American TV show of its era it was quite challenging and covered issues generally left to us Brits, beautifully paced, I have very fond memories of this series, I would certainly buy it on DVD. So many programs are released on DVD that don't have half the following this series had. So come on guys sort out the music rights and release it. This reminds me of the complete blackout on re runs of The Sweeney! for years after it was last broadcast (something to do with either Thaw or Waterman not wanting it shown or wanting to much for the repeats?)

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2013 14:28:44 GMT
thanks Maggie ,done

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2013 00:32:39 GMT
maggie says:
Looking forward to receiving it!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2013 00:25:48 GMT
Hope Im am not too late ,I have just sent you an email ,thanks

Posted on 21 May 2012 16:43:23 BDT
Grace Kelly says:
I'm from Canada. What an amazing show it was. I loved the series and would love to buy it on DVD. I have it all on VHS except 2 episodes (#47. Home to Roost, and #50 "Her Dirty Little Secret"). but I'd pay gobs of cash to have DVD quality originals. Absolutely superior to every show currently available on T.V. and DVD. Moving, thought provoking drama that tackled every sensitive issue with unsupassed wisdom and compassion. "Goodnight America, wherever you are". COME ON! release it, release it, release it!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2012 17:41:20 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Apr 2012 17:43:37 BDT
maggie says:
A list is being taken by Amazon U.S. of those of us who are interested in getting Midnight Caller on DVD. True, it refers to Region 1, but if you have a multi-regional DVD player, you might want to get on the list:
http://www.amazon.com/Midnight-Caller-Series-Gary-Cole/dp/B000SMNMQE/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1335803817&sr=1-1
Perhaps if a real demand is created, they will listen to us and make the DVD in both Region 1 and 2. It can't hurt to get our voices heard.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2012 11:34:00 BDT
GMF says:
Hi is this still available?
my e mail graeme.farmer@btopenworld.com

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2012 15:31:52 GMT
I recorded every episode of Midnight Caller to tape and now, after many years of searching for it on DVD - and having recently retired so I've got the time - will set about trying to record it on to DVD. Being a bear of little brain, I'm not too good at these things but as I'm so frustrated with the lack of DVD release I feel compelled to try. Thank goodness I've still got a video player and have bought a DVD recorder.

Posted on 1 Feb 2012 03:45:09 GMT
m rickard says:
I agrer. Great show. It definately should be out there on dvd. So much rubbish os produced, lets have a quality show even if we have to buy the box sets to see it. Please, please, please lets have it on dvd soon!!!

Posted on 31 Jan 2012 18:22:12 GMT
D Palmer says:
Got to adflyer, guy there has it, brill stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2012 18:12:15 GMT
Kat says:
Try you tube, you can usually see some eps there

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2012 14:56:25 GMT
Your gripe was posted as long ago as Feb.6th 2010, a long time ago, a it is now Jan.31st 2012. Hope you succeeded. I have both Roger Roger and Midnight Caller on DVD so they are out here somewhere. EW.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (616 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  46
Total posts:  75
Initial post:  6 Sep 2009
Latest post:  22 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions