Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Posted on 20 Jun 2012 13:21:27 BDT
Starsky and Hutch was from the 1970s, not the 1980s !

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 01:39:12 BDT
mister joe says:
Buy it all.I recently bought Airwolf and Streethawk.The programmes are horrifically cheesy with paper thin substance but they are cool.Cool because they have great theme tunes,great copters/bikes/cars,the worst scripts ever,i LOVE the way they end with everyone laughing.I am completely bias as i was a kid when these programmes were on and they have always been etched into my memory.So i say get them all and have a feast of nolstagia,pretend its 1985.....i get sad watching the programmes.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 May 2012 16:46:19 BDT
I dont mind you jumping everywhere but I was born in 83 so most of my TV was re runs in the early 90's but yes I remember watching Fawlty Towers and enjoying it, along with Happy Days, Teenage Angel and my mam used to let me watch Knightrider and Red Dwarf. The Young Ones was a fave of mine too.

But yes I agree with age things do change and sometimes for the worst.

Posted on 26 May 2012 13:07:14 BDT
F. King says:
Well I used to love Starsky & Hutch (unsure whether my 'crush' on David Soul had anything to do with that!!) but it was a programme our parents allowed us to watch; Cant say I followed much of Miami one, but I remember someone at school talking of the 'eye-candy' and Magnum, I never watched. Knightrider was OK for kids then, from what I remember. I also used to like The Sweeney with JohnThaw, they usually got into way more trouble that the Starsky'n'Hutch crew and it was a little bit 'harsher' but it made good viewing when we could sneak a peak..
Im more of a comedy girl myself, the likes of Watching, Foreign Bodies, Fawlty Towers to name a couple; they may have been more 70's than 80's thinking about it, sorry.. But I think theyr worth a mention if you dont mind me jumping all over your post!!
Sometimes, Im not sure if watching something when you were younger ruins it for 'further-along-the-years' viewing, cos you see things completely differently as you mature, dont you think? And I would add that with all the violence etc that is on the TV now, I think its good to be able to 'go nostalgic!' Just my opinion, mind!! ((*_*))

Initial post: 25 May 2012 18:12:39 BDT
I know this is going to be a quick throwaway thread but I just wondered what are your thoughts on TV from 1980 onwards? Because Im thinking of buying Miami Vice, Magnum PI, Starksy & Hutch etc.

I remember Knightrider etc so please discuss what your thoughts on this era's TV are
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  25 May 2012
Latest post:  20 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions