best or worse tv series

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-47 of 47 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 26 Aug 2010 19:23:42 BDT
The Reds says:
Shouldn't that be you're???

English teacher?

Posted on 28 Aug 2010 20:23:29 BDT
Best have to be Supernatural, The Mentalist, also enjoyed the Vampire Diaries too.
Although Prison Break started off well but I think it went down hill after season 2. :(
Was also partial to Smallville but it has a few dodgy seasons too ... Lol.
Oh, I really loved Gilmore Girls too ... it was so quirky.
Worst for me would have to be Lost ... I really did get 'lost'! Lol! I didn't make it to season 2!
Oh, I also really hated Flashforward too ... I just gave up!
I really want to get into something else though ... anybody recommend something?
I have heard that Fringe is good ... anyone know if it is?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2010 21:03:23 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Aug 2010 21:05:47 BDT
Fringe is very good, very 'The X-Files' for a new generation, (think alternate universes then aliens). Plus there has been a few nods to the The X-Files also (even see an episode of The X-Files on Fringe lol).

Best for me (Recent): Doctor Who / Torchwood, Smallville (has had some great points however did go downhill somewhat but has recovered, season 10 looks great), Supernatural (not ground breaking but just fun TV), Fringe, Merlin, LOST, Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes

Worst for me (Recent): Flashfoward, Primeval, Glee, 24, any reality TV, True Blood

Posted on 28 Aug 2010 22:58:56 BDT
N. Murphy says:
I think its got to be Supernatural and Dexter for me.

I gave up on Lost after about the third series, i just couldn't be bothered with it anymore.

I enjoyed most of The Mentalist's series 1 but the final episode was a bit of a let down and i've yet to watch any of series 2? Can anyone say if its worth watching?

I agree that series 1 and 2 of Prison Break were the best and worth watching even if you skip the other 3.

I didn't mind Smallville either although some series were better than others but i haven't seen the latest series.

After giving up on Lost i didn't bother with Flashforward and i can't say that i've ever watched any of the Sopranos to say whether it was good or not.

Posted on 31 Aug 2010 02:21:56 BDT
Best tv? Too many to mention,but Dr Who,Red Dwarf,Family Guy,Auf Wiedersein Pet,will do for a start.Worst?-Easy,Eastenders,im not allowed to swear,shame,utter rubbish,just the absolute pits,can it not just end? PLEASE!!

Posted on 31 Aug 2010 19:13:24 BDT
True Blue says:
One of the worst is The Deep.
Also True Blood. Its Just a cheap excuse to show flesh

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Sep 2010 08:58:49 BDT
C. Pusey says:
Agree about True Blood being the worst - an awful programme!

Posted on 5 Dec 2010 00:04:09 GMT
Hunter says:
Best TV - Dr Who (Old and New), Red Dwarf, Top Gear, Lost (I can actually follow the plot), 24 and Prisoner Cell Block H.
Worst - Soaps and Reality TV (that covers about 95% of TV today)

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Dec 2010 10:05:21 GMT
thats becoarse there thick and cant follow films like flashforward

Posted on 5 Dec 2010 12:41:38 GMT
Jase W says:
"becoarse there thick"

"films like flashforward"

This is a joke post right?

Posted on 8 Dec 2010 19:27:28 GMT
Kirsty says:
The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, One Tree Hill, Criminal Minds and Gossip Girl = all excellent. Lost, Smallville, Battlestar Gallatica, Dollhouse = a waste of time

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2010 19:34:54 GMT
donnybhoy says:
True Blue: Before posting such a reply you might like to check your spelling
[peoples is missing an apostrophe and "grammer" - if you can't even spell grammar...]

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 13:11:24 GMT
the sopranos is the best programme ever in my opinion

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2010 16:56:20 GMT
True Blue says:
your such a tosser

Posted on 10 Dec 2010 16:57:13 GMT
True Blue says:
that was to donnybhoy

Posted on 10 Dec 2010 21:54:30 GMT
Not in any order of preference.
Best US:
A'team
X Files
MacGyver
Sopranos
Mash
Tour of Duty
The fall Guy
Walker Texas ranger
Dukes of Hazard
Dallas
Baywatch

Best UK:
Casualty
Coronation street
Bread
Only Fools and Horses
Fawlty Towers
Benidorm
Aufweidershen pet
Bottom
The Young Ones
Byker Grove
Gladiators (when it was on ITV)
One foot in the grave

Worst of All:

E20 (Just hope its never put on terrestrial tv, also it needs subtitles)
Two Pints of Lager and Packet of Crisps
London's Burning (It was great when it started but became so boring and dreary in its final years!)
The royal

Posted on 17 Nov 2011 23:56:58 GMT
sonicscooby says:
Best for me
US - Startrek - oringinal and voyager
The Guardian Soap
UK I Claudius
Hamish Macbeth -
Dr Who
Can't actually think of any worsts, - I just watch what appeals to me and avoid the rest - gnerally though cannot abide quiz shows and all soaps except Coronation street

Posted on 20 Nov 2011 21:35:09 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 18 Jan 2012 14:05:20 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2011 12:54:02 GMT
metalhip says:
I agree with you about The Seeker. Was not sure at first but then couldn't wait for the next episode. Have you had a go at Game of Thrones? Takes a bit of getting into but once you have got the hang of what is occuring and who's who you get sucked in to it. And the theme tune and opening credits are pretty cool as well.

Posted on 18 Jan 2012 14:03:53 GMT
Regina says:
Best: The X Files! Fringe, Chuck, Bones, Castle, Grey's Anatomy, The Mentalist, Dexter.

Worse: Jersey Shore, The Only Way Is Essex and any other of those reailty shows, also glee, and LOST; how a show about people being lost on an remote island went on for 6 years I shall never know.

Posted on 11 May 2012 02:05:40 BDT
best-bones,csi:ny,house,smallville,vampire diaries,law and order:svu

worst- all soaps,all reality rubbish,i.e x factor,big brother,the voice,dancing on ice etc,and finally all programes on bbc1 exept the graham norton show.

Posted on 13 May 2012 11:02:37 BDT
Ian Stewart says:
Having just spent a shed load of dosh on the boxset of The Shield, I have to say that's my favourite show right now.
If you can get past the abuse on here, there are a lot of good recommendations and a lot of stuff I'd forgot about.
First couple of series of the X-Files, a lot of the stuff mentioned by Mr Robinson in his UK list - classic British TV, something that didn't get a mention; The Thick of It, are just some of the things I'd actually sit and watch.

Stuff I don't like? Nothing, I have a remote and it quickly works when I get to something I wouldn't waste my time on.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (628 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  29
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  11 Aug 2010
Latest post:  13 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions