Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Sep 2009 21:10:26 BDT
B. Woodend says:
Now That The Gentle Touch Is Avilable On DVD What About Cat's Eyes

Posted on 17 Sep 2009 17:11:10 BDT
R. A. Caton says:
CATS Eyes should be left in the road mate. Maggie Forbes of the Gentle Touch was one of the nastiest ballbreakers I've ever seen on TV... and CATS eyes? Covert Activities Thames Section.... chosen for the acronym and the only clever thing about that show... like the National Institute for Clinical Excellence, acronym first, name after. Leslie Ash was dreadful in CATS eyes anyway.

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 22:29:23 BDT
David says:
I used to watch Cats Eyes and remember Don Warrington playing Nigel their boss. The series was pritty good and with any luck a decent dvd company like Network will release the series soon. Fingers crossed.

Posted on 23 Sep 2009 21:12:52 BDT
I'd like to see the rest of the Gentle Touch released first.

That said, I would like to see CATS Eyes released eventually; I used to catch the late night repeats on the Family Channel in the mid-90s and whilst the production values were very poor indeed, I never missed an episode. It's one of those shows that is actually enjoyable if you treat it as a bit of light entertainment rather than a serious drama.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2009 10:43:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Sep 2009 10:44:59 BDT
jasonmark39 says:
It is unlikely that CATS Eyes will ever be released on DVD. This is because there is a long-standing dispute over who owns the rights to the series. I have read this on Wikipedia.
Your reply to jasonmark39's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on 27 Sep 2009 07:24:03 BDT
Roy Tromelly says:
I understand that Disney own the rights to TVS stuff (they produced the show), and that it's not a financial option for them to release obscure British shows on DVD . Got this from a CATS Eyes website.

Posted on 20 Apr 2013 06:23:12 BDT
I'm sure if Network gets hold of Disney, they can release the series
Its all down to royalties - apparently most of the paperwork has been lost

Posted on 22 Feb 2014 23:20:42 GMT
Med2Mancs says:
I have copies of the show in MP4 format, from the Family Channel re-runs of all 3 series if anyone is interested ?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jun 2014 21:39:52 BDT
J Pyke says:
Hello, I am interested in series 2 and 3. Hope to hear back from you. Thanks.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (622 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  16 Sep 2009
Latest post:  25 Jun 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions