Customer Discussions > television discussion forum

TV series not on DVD that should be

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 755 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Jan 2011 07:58:17 GMT
Wendy says:
There was a TV series made in Australia by the makers of Mother and Son which starred Gary McDonald and Judy Morris called Eggshells. There were 2 series of 6 shows each. Would love to get a copy on DVD

Posted on 7 Jan 2011 08:58:00 GMT
YOUNG DRACULA:
This is rerunning on CBBC at the moment and well worth a watch.
It is rather cheesy/hammy/camp but just a cut above the rest. The one main fault is that it comes to an abrupt ending as Series Two ends.
I'm retired and curiously enough watch a lot of kid's TV in preferrence to the glut of chefs and home makeovers/auctions.
I'd love to get Series 1 and Series 2 on DVD.

Posted on 7 Jan 2011 22:57:43 GMT
dawbre says:
BBC series "The Mens Room" from the early 90's. Longing for it to be on DVD.

D.S

Posted on 9 Jan 2011 20:54:15 GMT
Darkslider says:
Mel Brook's Nutt House would be most welcome!

Posted on 10 Jan 2011 08:20:45 GMT
S. Buitenbos says:
"The Hunt" with Amanda Holden - Excellent cast and really good TV Drama.

Posted on 10 Jan 2011 10:02:40 GMT
There was a superb comedy production broadcast in 1978 (series 1) and 1980 (series 2) by Thames Television entitled "Born and Bred". It starred, amongst others, James Grout (Superintendent Strange from Morse), Joan Sims (from the Carry on Films), Gordon Kaye (Rene from 'Allo' Allo) and famous comedian, Max Wall. It was one of the best ever comedies but, to my knowledge, it has never been repeated nor has it been released either on VHS or DVD. Maybe this is to avoid confusion with the more recent "Born and Bred" starring James Bolam. This is a great shame as it was head and shoulders above some of the stuff which gets churned out as repeats time and time again on the digital channels.

Posted on 10 Jan 2011 13:25:04 GMT
T. CROWE says:
Tim Crowe says: It's probably been said before, but when oh when will the powers that be, release series 2 & 3 of the Equalizer with Edward Woodward, the great series from the'80's ?

Posted on 10 Jan 2011 13:31:35 GMT
Mark Munro says:
THERE WAS A FOUR PART SERIES ON BBC 1/2called the Nativity and i was wondering if this will be put out as a box set in the future or is it available now

Posted on 11 Jan 2011 00:34:31 GMT
jojo says:
jo says 'Joking Apart' hilarious 2 series. would buy immediately if it was obtainable. great family favourite. we never stopped laughing.

Posted on 11 Jan 2011 00:34:35 GMT
jojo says:
jo says 'Joking Apart' hilarious 2 series. would buy immediately if it was obtainable. great family favourite. we never stopped laughing.

Posted on 11 Jan 2011 00:51:49 GMT
S. Wildig says:
Jo, you can find Joking Apart available on an official DVD if you search for Replay dvd. The disc was made and authored by a fan of the show who doesn't have a distribution deal, hence it not being on Amazon but it's all authorised by the BBC, the discs are of brilliant quality and the extras are fab as well.

Posted on 11 Jan 2011 15:09:36 GMT
There was a series of 9-minute shorts on BBC2 in 2003 called "posh Nosh". It starred Arabella Weir and Richard E Grant, and should definitely be released on DVD. It was extremely funny, and relevant (given the glut of TV cookery programmes).

Posted on 11 Jan 2011 15:16:50 GMT
An old series, mid 90s I think, called "Health and Efficiency" on the BBC - a hilarious hospital based comedy.

Posted on 11 Jan 2011 18:08:55 GMT
it has to be COLD CASE love it, apparently not gonna be on dvd cos of the music :-(

Posted on 11 Jan 2011 21:25:58 GMT
ON DVD I wish they would release The time tunnel, I know it's out in USA but really want it on region 2 for uk. It an absolute superb , well written/ involving sci-fi series by irwen Allen ( also did lost in space and land of the giants ). The use of history with 2 main stars doug and Tony always worked well, and for it's time it was well made even if they did use some movie clips from other films, but usually it seemed their own doing with a lot of extras, there was re-run some years ago on 1 of the itv channels then 1 of the sky channels, great memoiries - anyone else !!

Posted on 13 Jan 2011 10:31:30 GMT
I would absolutely love 'Supersizers' to be made on DVD. It is the series with Giles Coren and Sue Perkins as they explore past years looking at life, food, fashion etc. They have a wonderful rapport with each other, sparking off each other and the series is both interesting and humorous. If DVD's were made, I'm sure they would be very popular.

Posted on 13 Jan 2011 11:08:35 GMT
fang says:
Caprica.

Posted on 14 Jan 2011 14:41:48 GMT
The wonderful Lou Grant! How a multi-Emmy Award winning show can FAIL to get an official DVD release is a scandal!

Posted on 14 Jan 2011 20:58:55 GMT
J. Duck says:
A late 1980's BBC Documentary series about aviation called "Reaching for the skies"......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSp3V-w8ISo
Can only find VHS tapes for it: Reaching For The Skies - Vol. 1 - The Pioneers / The Adventures Of Flight [1987] [VHS] Reaching For The Skies - Vol. 2 - The Aeroplane Goes To War / Victory Over The Sea [1987] [VHS]
Reaching For The Skies - Vol. 3 - Bombers / Fighters [1987] [VHS]
Reaching For The Skies - Vol. 4 - Giants Of The Air / Rivals Over The Atlantic [1987] [VHS]
Reaching For The Skies - Vol. 5 - Trail Blazers / Quest For Speed [1987] [VHS]
Reaching For The Skies - Vol. 6 - Lighter Than Air / Vertical Flight [1987] [VHS]

Another classic BBC documentary called "The Power & the Glory"... again, only available on VHS: The Power And The Glory [VHS]

"John Wilson's GO FISHING" - early 1990's series where he visited spots like India (Mahseer fishing), River Ebro in Spain, Lake Victoria (Nile Perch), River Guden in Denmark, etc + the following 2 series that appeared on Channel4 in 1993 + 1994.

Posted on 14 Jan 2011 22:26:35 GMT
Louise From Denbigh
There was a 2003 TV show from the US called MIRACLES staring Skeet Uirick & Angus Macfaden. It was an X files meets the church sort of thing, I know you can get it on region 1 (US) but I need it on Region 2 (UK). I loved it!

Posted on 15 Jan 2011 06:14:06 GMT
R. Track says:
"Search for the Nile" - a great program with wonderful acting.

Posted on 15 Jan 2011 18:02:54 GMT
Doomwatch - including the unbroadcast 'Sex and Violence', of course.
I know there are a lot of missing eps and some only in B&W, but it's never stopped the BBC before...

Posted on 15 Jan 2011 20:29:40 GMT
Janet says:
I would love to be able to buy the Father Dowling Mysteries starring the lovely Tom Bosley who sadly died last year..

Posted on 15 Jan 2011 22:47:09 GMT
The BBC series called 1990 (made in the late 70's I think) staring Edward Woodward. There were 2 series of 6 or 8 episodes each I think.

Posted on 17 Jan 2011 15:50:57 GMT
J W Snowball says:
Charters and Caldicott, 6 part mystery/comedy about retired civil servant bumbling cricket enthusiasts
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the television discussion forum (623 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  496
Total posts:  755
Initial post:  7 Jan 2011
Latest post:  14 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 77 customers

Search Customer Discussions