Customer Discussions > Subscribe and Save discussion forum

hermes as a carrier

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Feb 2013 16:51:21 GMT
please do not use hermes as a carrier for any of my purchases now or at any time in the future. i feel sure i am not the only customer not willing to deal with these people!

Posted on 23 Feb 2013 08:18:45 GMT
Don't like them at all - had terrible dealings with them

Posted on 23 Feb 2013 15:41:32 GMT
I seem to get a person in a normal car rather than a van so quite reluctant to answer the door, especially when they seem to deliver at 7.30pm

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Feb 2013 03:05:55 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 26 Feb 2013 03:43:57 GMT]

Posted on 26 Feb 2013 15:40:52 GMT
Dorothy says:
Our Hermes Courier is a lovely lady......yes in a car but why not !!!!........who arrives about 8.30.a.m..........can you ask for better service than that and is the pleasantest lovely lady you could find. She delivers regularly to us and not just for Amazon and we have no complaints whatsoever. What complaint the lady has about a lady in a car I can't imagine especially if she is expecting a delivery and Amazon and the people selling on Amazon always e-mail to say the goods have been despatched. Some people can't be pleased about anything !!!!!! They would grumble more if their goods didn't get delivered !!!!!

Posted on 1 Mar 2013 21:31:35 GMT
most hermes couriers do use their own cars and it is normally the same person you will get everytime you order something small,they are self employed and get about 40p for each delivery they do,and they have to pay for the petrol or diesel they use.so don't go on about hermes the chap who
comes to me is o/k not brilliant but he does what he gets payed for,he has not got time to stop and have a nice chat,i don't think anyone who gets 40p
for a delivery has time to chat.some of you people who moan should think before they leave bad reports you should try it yourselves and see how you
would cope.

Posted on 5 Mar 2013 14:53:56 GMT
azreviews says:
I don't have an issue with how things are delivered. I do have an issue when the stuff you order goes "missing". I won't now buy expensive electrical items from Amazon because the delivery companies they use aren't reliable and things go "missing" too often. I'd rather go elsewhere who use more reliable couriers.

Posted on 6 Mar 2013 13:21:22 GMT
sunshine says:
I have received orders via Hermes before without a problem, but the latest delivery is listed as having arrived last Saturday via Hermes, no idea what has happened...but I have not received the delivery (which is quite a bulky size and also expensive!) Either my parcel has been sent to the wrong place, which seems a bit odd or something else strange has happened. Has anybody else had this problem? does it happen regularly?

Posted on 10 Mar 2013 17:41:21 GMT
JaneH says:
Our Hermes delivery person is lovely - he has been delivering to us for years and is very reliable. Never have a problem with this delivery company.

Posted on 16 Mar 2013 13:20:13 GMT
melslayer says:
My last order from amazon was delivered by Hermes i had to go to work so no one was in so left note on door asking to put box under sheet by front door and if needed sign on my behalf when i returned home after 8pm instructions were carried out to my note brill service as they didn't need to do this and they also left a note in letter boxes saying where they left my parcels i've had no problems from royal mail or other delivery companies when it comes to amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2013 20:33:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Mar 2013 20:38:44 GMT
I agree with you, I have been watching my parcel sitting for 24 hours in some depot, still had to wait after contacting them, when it was delivered by an Agent for Hermes, he told me that he has had hardly any deliveries this week to deliver and I told him about mines sitting there, he replied the office "don`t know what they`re doing", worst delivery by far, HOPE AMAZON ARE WATCHING THIS

Posted on 18 Mar 2013 13:30:02 GMT
P. Wardle says:
Never had any issues with Hermes and use them for sending packages as well. If items arent received the sending companies have always refunded as they will be able to track and claim compensation

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Mar 2013 22:56:11 GMT
i agree i also have stopped ordering expensive stuff from Amazon for the very same reason. 3 times in the past 18 months expensive electrical equipment has not arrived despite the fact that the courier says it was undeliverable - it was meant to go to my work address and they said a card was put through our door at 10am - well our office is open from 8.30 am and there is always someone there (a small team of 6 people so it is never left unattended) - hermes as a company is crap - not the individual couriers but the service in general x

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Mar 2013 22:58:46 GMT
just discovered collect+, brilliant, no more Hermes!!!!!!!

Posted on 4 Jul 2013 11:13:24 BDT
tim d says:
I'd never heard of Hermes until Monday when they failed to deliver to me. I looked up their tracking site and there was a message saying delivered to garage. I was in all day and they didn't ring. I checked in the garage and found no parcel. They have a disclaimer on their site saying that I have to go back to the company I ordered from. Legally that's correct because my contract is with the company I ordered from, not with them. But it's still bad customer service. And at least one of their drivers evidently lies. An option to specify the delivery company when ordering from Amazon would be good. What's wrong with good old Royal Mail - never had a problem with them. I wouldn't mind paying more for delivery if I get a dependable service.

Posted on 27 Jul 2013 09:47:10 BDT
puddings mum says:
Hermes wether amazon item or ebay I have problems...first never showed up ..second time I got told after id contacted hermes that my neighbour signed for it .....went round neighbours no joy ...contacted hermes again and told left on doorstep...then I get an email saying left with neighbour at no 83.. I live at 38...still no further forward ....im just glad it wasnt exspensive

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jul 2013 09:50:05 BDT
puddings mum says:
Well said tim id rather use royal mail too..I once told hermes no parcel...I got asked was I sure !!! But like you in all day and no knock at my door ....read my post do..

Posted on 8 Dec 2013 16:41:17 GMT
Caroline says:
funny that my sons xmas present has gone missing I pre ordered my son a PS4 in September now the carrier doent know where it is which means nothing for my son in time for chirstmas

Posted on 14 Dec 2013 11:32:57 GMT
Ms C. Warner says:
How long do they usually take to deliver? I'm still waiting for some things I ordered from impericon.com early in the week

Posted on 14 Dec 2013 15:14:59 GMT
Mrs says:
I wonder if these "nice people" who deliver for 40p a time can afford or bother to insure their private cars for "goods in transit"!
Perhaps this is why legitimate couriers in vans have to charge more, but at least they are "road legal".

Posted on 16 Dec 2013 22:58:35 GMT
M. R. Searle says:
Have been expecting a delivery from Hermes today as the tracking info. said "Out for Delivery". Oh goody! I stayed in all day - then gave up around 5 pm when it had still not arrived. I checked on the Amazon website around 10 pm and lo and behold tracking info. said "Delivery attempted at 6.09 pm". That's funny, I was in at that time cooking tea! No drop card left, no message left on my mobile (registered with Amazon to receive tracking info.), nothing. I suspect the toe rag had had enough for today, and went home logging the misinformation before they did so. Complaint lodged with Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Dec 2013 11:30:52 GMT
Just Hermes being Hermes I'm afraid. I thought I had seen all their tricks until today. A "sorry I missed you card" was placed in the apartment block where I live, with 12 other residents. No name was on the card, in fact it was blank so no way of knowing who the parcel was for. Only clue is the Hermes bar code number 41175016. So if anyone can track this number they will win a parcel! (just be sure to get Royal Mail to deliver it).

Posted on 17 Dec 2013 12:48:03 GMT
Well Red says:
My parcel from Amazon/Hermes arrived in a terrible state - I've never seen a box so smashed to pieces, and all the items were damaged. I can't imagine how they treated the parcel to reduce it to that! I returned it, and will consider my future purchases with Amazon if they are still using Hermes.

Posted on 19 Dec 2013 16:19:52 GMT
Peter Gracie says:
Hermes are the worst carrier I've ever experienced. I've had four lost deliveries in the past month from four different suppliers. In the past deliveries have been left at empty caravans on the local holiday complex nowhere near to where we live. I'm now not using suppliers who use this carrier.

Posted on 1 Jan 2014 21:24:08 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jan 2014 21:26:07 GMT
Bob Smith says:
A tip for all the moaners out there, All the low cost carrier companies i.e Yodel, Uk Mail, Hermes trunk and deliver millions of parcels every year. I know there is no excuse for missing or damaged parcels however it is very difficult for these companies to keep up with 10% growth of internet sales every year. My own hermes courier is fantastic, in 2012 he was delivering 100 parcels a day every day throughout december, this year in 2013 he was delivering nearly 200 this shows how much pressure is on the parcel network and the individual couriers, Hermes use over 9000 neighbourhood apart from royal mail the most couriers for any network. when we hear of all the problems with couriers it normally boils down to less than 1% of the parcels delivered not bad considering other networks are far worse. My only tip for all amazon buyers, pay for prime and get the next day couriers to deliver. Forgot to say Hermes normally work from 8am to 8pm some of the yodel messages I have received say 7am to 9pm
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Subscribe and Save discussion forum (107 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Frequently asked questions
43 23 days ago
Amazon prime 364 2 hours ago
Amazon Prime charging me £79 35 13 hours ago
Prime cancellation 60 15 hours ago
Subscribe and Save Search 0 1 day ago
Subscribe and Save 2 3 days ago
how to unsubscribe from amazon/love film contract 49 5 days ago
Amazon student can't register as .ac.uk email already registered 2 11 days ago
prime trial if done before 1 11 days ago
amazon prime cancellation 9 17 days ago
Amazon Prime secretly charged me £49 157 23 days ago
my news paper 3 25 days ago

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  15 Feb 2013
Latest post:  13 Sep 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions