Customer Discussions > Subscribe and Save discussion forum

hermes as a carrier

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-30 of 30 posts in this discussion
Posted on 18 Jan 2014 11:58:01 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 18 Jan 2014 12:03:31 GMT]

Posted on 1 Feb 2014 00:58:54 GMT
Hermes deliver a lot of my parcels to me, not just from Amazon but other suppliers aswell and to date I have never had a problem. They're far quicker than Royal Mail too and always leave a card to say where the delivery is if I'm not in. Unlike Royal Mail who just leave stuff out in the rain and no card to say where they've left it. It's Hermes that I prefer.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2014 15:12:19 GMT
Peter Gracie says:
You obviously don't live far from a main road and have an intelligent driver. We have received no deliveries in FIVE attempts. We refuse to deal with suppliers who use Hermes.

Posted on 7 Feb 2014 02:33:42 GMT
Read through the comments. I'll point out a few things. Firstly people generally moan when something goes wrong. I work for a different courier firm. In not on commission or anything, I'm a wagon driver. I've worked for a few of them in the past. They all have problems. 95% of the time you won't have an issue. The odd time you will. Regardless of the firm. And to those complaining about delivering in a car, I'll sometimes take the odd delivery in my car after my shift to help out when busy. Nothing wrong with this. Complaining about it is just snobbery. People who moan about individuation circumstances and try to tarnish the whole firm need to grow up and realise how much stuff is being moved around. Yes there are thieves in the workforce. Is one of the biggest issues in the industry. But that's why your goods are insured. As for the driver who said the office staff have no idea what they're doing, yes it's unprofessional to say this, but transport office are always run by nothing more than human looking monkeys most of the time. Our operations manager is a joke! If you want certainty that your items will get where they're going, get in your car and get it. Otherwise save a fortune, take the very very small risk and get on with your day

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2014 15:48:02 GMT
I had a parcel - addressed, etc. correctly - collected by Hermes, to deliver to Workware in Salford. Driver, came in Hermes van, stuck Barcode label on parcel, gave me slip with Barcode no on it as my Receipt and guess what?? - Hermes claim they do not have the parcel and that the Barcode no is meaningless so I am out of 60.00. I pursue them , fill in claim forms and they just send me idiot-generated replies but DO NOTHING.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Subscribe and Save discussion forum (100 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Frequently asked questions
39 16 days ago
how to unsubscribe from amazon/love film contract 46 13 hours ago
Amazon Prime charging me £79 0 2 days ago
Amazon prime 298 3 days ago
Amazon Prime secretly charged me £49 153 5 days ago
Prime cancellation 42 7 days ago
30 days free trial 3 10 days ago
amazon prime cancellation 7 24 days ago
Product Cancellation 7 30 Jul 2014
How to subscribe for getting audio books on my tablets? 0 13 Jul 2014
Is delivery free to Cyprus? 2 13 Jul 2014
Love Film Subscription 0 25 Jun 2014

This discussion

Participants:  26
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  15 Feb 2013
Latest post:  11 Feb 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions