Customer Discussions > spirituality discussion forum

Why is there so much suffering in the world?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-36 of 36 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 16 Nov 2009 18:29:49 GMT
Pinner says:
"In Rev 13 'the sea' may be 'the sea of humanity', 'ten' probably refers to the lost ten tribes of Israel now comprising the USA, UK and Europe including Russia and the Near East, 'seven' is thought to refer either to the seven hills of Rome or to it's seven emperors and the parts of beasts refer to the national symbols of some major nations. I leave the rest to you if you're interested. "

Read the Old Testament they were never lost they just assimilated. Rome isn't the beast see who and where the Messiah fights when he comes back. Egypt, Kush, Punt, Edom, Assyria,Babylon. These aren't in European countries, if you take it literally hazard a guess to where the action will be!

I can see where you have been getting your Revelation education but it isn't truthful. Read Sir Robert Anderson The Coming Prince.

Regards nd God Bless

P

Posted on 4 Mar 2010 02:13:34 GMT
Shakti~ says:
Beause people have become so far removed from their own divinty.....

( I like Mrs Felicias posts)e

Posted on 4 Mar 2010 02:23:42 GMT
Shakti~ says:
people have also lost their connection to the earth.... which realy is our mother our flesh and bones are made from the elemnts of the earth , the earth feeds and nurtures us not only physically, but energetically......and how many people actually realise they are a part of the earth, a part of the universe?

I popped into my local paresop today beacuse their was a poster in the window about a 'Mysterious Earth' conference so I nipped in to pick up a pen and scarp of paper to take down a phone number...... the lady serving me ( who is a neighbour of mine) asked what I was taking note of......and she was so sarcastic, and flippant with a condescending tone about this .....I didn't react as I know this lady is a very very sad individual.......not sad in a way of kneejerk reaction to her actions.......but I know she is deeply unhappy with her life, by the way I here her talking to her very young daughter......she goes mad at her when she gets a bit of muck on her hands or dress, there are lots of things I could say to prove my pint bu I'm not going to , I'm not here to diss my neighbour ( the psycho B*tch from hell, ahaha JK) but she does have issues....... and today made me make a connection actually..........she is sooooooo discionnected from the earth..

( bThis may not make sense to anyone, I'm kinda thinking out loud really, But I had bit of an ephinay today regarding this person) sxorry to waffgle on a bit....

Posted on 4 Mar 2010 02:26:27 GMT
Shakti~ says:
I'm drinking, can you tell??? ahahah

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2012 00:58:37 GMT
linnren says:
Los Que Nos Salvaron = Those Who Save Us (Coleccion Ancora y Delfin)Why is there suffering in the world? I like the words of one song that refers to God this way: He weeps along with man and takes him by the hand; tears are a language God understands. I believe that not only does God hate sin, but He hates all the suffering it has caused. It is our deepest responsibilty as Christians to alieviate suffering in whatever way possible. I am trying to bea blessing to humanity by writing loving books one or two of which deals with this very issue. www.marilynfriesen.com

Posted on 9 Feb 2012 22:37:43 GMT
Original sin is the root cause; there is no such thing as universal perfection -if any one part of the cosmos is perfect, then it is at the expense of another, this is the case whether taking the universe into account as a whole, or whether it's a row as to who own the dividing fence or wall between two houses. The trick is, do the best one can with what one has in the best way one can, and accept that there will be many pitfalls. It's only those who strive to get it right - and yet fail at times - who just about keep humanity above the status of beast - for what is the alternative? Don't try - be the beast - and carnage will prevail eternally.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2012 13:42:11 GMT
G. Heron says:
BrotherOfTheSon

Can you please tell me which particular sin causes Tsunamis?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2012 13:51:38 GMT
G. Heron says:
BrotherOfTheSun

"So if an atheist truly cares about suffering in the world and wants to make a difference"
Then they should do something practical to help.

"they must turn to God, repent, confess their sins and live their lives according to the will of God. God promises to forgive them all their sins, put a right spirit within them, remove their sins as far as the east is from the west, they will become new creatures in Christ and the Holy Spirit will enable them to live Godly lives."

And the Lord said "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2012 14:49:16 GMT
G Heron - you've missed the point; it is not only a personal thing, it is in itself Universal, we have been put in an imperfect world, and we have to do the best we can. But, and it's often missed, God wants you to be good, you don't believe in God? Fine, but do you believe in being good? It is the substance of faith which comes first, be a good humanitarian if you can't be a believer. No, faith as most know it - and humanitarianism, do not run entirely parallel for evermore, no, but it is damned close a lot of the time.

Posted on 17 Jun 2012 08:09:30 BDT
Tamma says:
http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-suffering.html

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 19:13:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Jun 2012 19:13:57 BDT
Fatman says:
people suffer because they do not bother to look the truth in the eyes
they live in a bubble of selfishness and they know it is going to burst
the fear of unknown makes them stick to the bubble until it is too late
- - -

then there is the suffering of your survival strategy failing; you did what you were supposed to but it wasn't good enough.
You are hungry, your dear ones starve or get killed and eaten and there is nothing you can do about it.
Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Survive: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  9 Jul 2009
Latest post:  20 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions