Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Jan 2011 20:00:11 GMT
O. Hurley says:
To all of you looking for a peaceful mind and a mindful life, have a look at www.lovelifelivenow.com for some inspiration! They run free intro workshops too!

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 19:15:16 BDT
Lessfatman says:
Been trying to study mindful, failed.
What is it?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2012 19:27:26 BDT
gille liath says:
Mindfulness is, um, er....what was I going to say?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2012 19:45:39 BDT
Lessfatman says:
YO! gille,
I thought about it as focusing intensively on the "now"
like what is the thing I am doing right now to do with the stuff I really am after
if you do not do the right thing now, you lose so much time, you get in a hurry to fix the things you did half-assed
but if you are in the now you forget to fill up the tank, buy the food, arrange for the meetings...

seems that it takes some skills that I have not been able to develop
at my age, I might never get there

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2012 20:11:59 BDT
gille liath says:
Eyup, how's Martinique or wherever it is?

You're saying you think mindfulness might preclude the holy grail of multi-tasking?

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 05:50:01 BDT
Lessfatman says:
Réunion Island. Winter here, sort of. Temperatures down to 12 centigrade in the morning.
Solstice is today so we start heading for spring.

Correct, at least in my head 'mindfulness' means stopping the brain keeping multiple processes going on at the same time and concentrating on the one at hand. Planning ahead, making lists etc., might facilitate it but unfortunately the world goes on showing very little respect to my plans: Offices closed, people on vacances, mail not arrived (or even sent) and me in my mindfulness not taking advantage of the clues from my surroundings to remember what was missing at home. Like seeing a coffee cooker and remembering that I should get one, the old fashioned piston thing, for the delicious vanilla coffee. (A local speciality)

And I like it when my mind is wandering. I think mindfulness is for somebody else.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 19:37:23 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jun 2012 19:38:35 BDT
gille liath says:
Why do I suspect that that second-last sentence is really the key to the question? :)

Mindfulness is difficult, no doubt about it - that's why there are people running workshops on it, I suppose.

Might as well be winter here, though it's actually midsummer's day: dark, cool and raining. But personally I don't mind that, I'm not a sun-worshipper as I seem to remember you are.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 19:44:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jun 2012 19:49:52 BDT
Lessfatman says:
You cannot imagine how good the vanilla coffe tastes with a warm chocolat fondant!
My loved one made some Tiramisu using Vanilla Coffee.
With fresh strawberries it was nearly as delicious as her...

I get eczema from the lack of sun. A nap in the beach under the shade of the filaos trees in the Meditation of Meditations for me. Yes, I worship the sun.

After all, it makes sense since all the energy we have comes from the electrons exciten by its rays, building sugar and more complex molecules so that we can activate our ATP cycles and get our bodies moving. No sun, no life. Unless you are some miles deep around a volcanic pit and eat the adapted plankton.

I prefer my way of life.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 19:47:48 BDT
gille liath says:
Blimey - sounds like it's time you closed the curtains...

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 19:54:39 BDT
Lessfatman says:
the tropical night is pitch black, Scorpio is floating over my roof.
I close the shades -not to avoid cosmic radiation- but because I only have one radiator in the house and I put it in my bedroom.

You don't like the sun?
You do not like people who like the sun?
Try it sometimes...

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 20:10:16 BDT
gille liath says:
Ah, now you're talking. You can't beat a clear night to see the stars.

That's too wide an inference; I only said I don't mind damp weather.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  21 Jan 2011
Latest post:  21 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions