Customer Discussions > science fiction discussion forum

Favourite Doctor Who?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 190 posts in this discussion
Posted on 14 Jan 2012 16:21:55 GMT
SueN says:
Tom Baker was my favourite until David Tennant came along.

Posted on 14 Jan 2012 21:05:18 GMT
Bluesarat says:
Tom Baker before and after David Tennant!!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jan 2012 14:44:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jan 2012 14:55:02 GMT
Lector says:
K.q, It's really great to see at last someone like yourself, who also thinks the revamped (since Ecclestrone's time) Cybermen are cr*p! What with all that stupid stamping they do, they've been ruined! I much preferred it when they had that kind of asthmatic-electronic vocal sound. Much more intimidating! As you say there, the old ones were much better! Oh and let's have a blockbuster return story centred around the return of Davros! He is my favourite individual 'baddie' of all! Oh and please writers, lets also have a decent Master for a change too! I do so miss the late, great, Rodger Delgado in the role. Delgado WAS the Master, for me! Anthony Ainley was very good but I haven't liked any of the others at all in the role, not even the great actor, dereck Jacobi.

Posted on 18 Jan 2012 00:35:19 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jan 2012 00:35:59 GMT
Lector says:
"It's the end, but the moment has been prepared for." The last words spoken by the great Tom Baker in the role. One of the saddest moments in the history of 'Doctor Who' because the series was about to descend into awful mediocrity for the duration of the next three Doctors!

Posted on 18 Jan 2012 01:27:27 GMT
S. R. Tulip says:
Bit like James Bond really, you tend to like the first you saw. Also like Bond, I tend to think each one has been worse than the one before. Having said that, I probably have Patrick Troughton ahead of Bill Hartnell and Peter Cushing next.
Of the new ones I like the the most recent the most - more eccentric than superman - a problem which ultimately made Tennant unwatchable.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jan 2012 01:48:22 GMT
Lector says:
S.R.T, I know what you mean there about Doctor Who and Bond and I suppose I do tend to agree with that view, myself. I remember being so disappointed when Patrick Troughton too over, but as I've previously said, I've warmed to him slightly in recent times. I certainly put him lifght years ahead of Davidson, Colin Baker and McCoy! But would you, like me, like to see a much older Doctor sometime in the future?

Posted on 18 Jan 2012 09:39:57 GMT
David Tennant for me!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jan 2012 09:58:02 GMT
Lector says:
Julie, Can I ask you something? How would you feel about there being a much older, in appearance, Doctor again sometime in the future? Or do you prefer to always see someone under, say, about 35-40 always in the role? Just interested. :-)

Posted on 18 Jan 2012 13:33:36 GMT
G. Heywood says:
For me it was always Peter Davison, all the new ones in order. I think they have just got better and better as each brought something special to the role.

Posted on 18 Jan 2012 15:58:15 GMT
Peter Davison has always been my favourite Doctor, but I also have a fondness for Tom Baker as he was the Doctor when I first started watching the show as a child.

Posted on 18 Jan 2012 16:00:51 GMT
Ken O'Neill says:
I'd agree with the suggestion that most people's favourite Doctor Who tends to be the dirst they have clear memories, so mine is Jon Pertwee, from the UNIT years.

My favourite companion tends to vary though; it's usually between Jo Grant, Peri Brown, Ace and Rose, oh and River if she counts as a companion rather than a recurring character.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jan 2012 13:40:05 GMT
DarrenHF says:
"Don't forget me, will you?"
"Oh Sarah, don't you forget me."

Those were the saddest words for me. The great teaming of Tom Baker and Elisabeth Sladen. Nothing's quite matched that pairing for me no matter how good the rebooted show has been.

Posted on 21 Jan 2012 01:25:32 GMT
Patrick Troughton, followed by Tom Baker and then Matt Smith.

Posted on 26 Jan 2012 21:57:35 GMT
T. CROWE says:
T.Crowe says:
David Tennant-brilliant !

Posted on 5 Mar 2012 23:08:59 GMT
It will always be Jon Pertwee with the classic vintage car - and dreadful dress sense !!!

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 17:33:04 BDT
Cheddarwasp says:
1. Tom Baker
2. David Tennant
3. John Pertwee
4. Patrick Troughton
5. Matt Smith

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 20:15:30 BDT
GUS c says:
Ecclestone is Top for me. He relaunched the Series brilliantly

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 20:52:28 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Apr 2012 20:57:54 BDT
M. Coleman says:
The answer to this one is down to a persons age , me 45 so Tom Baker and & Jon Pertwee ( but Jon sure makes a good Wurzel Gummidge )

& I go for Connery as well .

Posted on 13 Apr 2012 14:50:45 BDT
N. Jones says:
Agree it's difficult to separate the 'best doctor' from the 'doctor with the best plots' but Tom Baker scores on both counts as the plot quality peaked just before he took over and dropped off during the Davison period. During the reivival period a lot of the tension generated by the more ingenious plots is disipated by the single episode format. OK I'd be one of the first to wait till i'd got all the episodes on my hard disk and them watch 'em all in one go but the six episode format has a lot going for. In the Matt Smith era the plots are incoherent and the direction males then even worse, not his fault but he's too young, Baker (T) and Davison could make you believe there was seriousness, wisdom even, beneath the flippancy but Smith comes across as a arrogant twerp who succeeds by accident (or because the writers are on his side!!). Perhaps this is deliberate (Dirk Gently?) but if it is it's a mistake. Let's face the Doctor's the best British superhero since Dan Dare.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2012 16:01:04 BDT
Ken O'Neill says:
Most "Old Who" plots were 4 or 5 x 25 minute episodes (subtract recaps and titles and I'd guess at 80 or 100 minutes of new content) rather than 6 episodes, but I'd agree that the 45 minute episodes somehow feel a shade rushed.

Posted on 15 Apr 2012 11:00:58 BDT
Simon Hall says:
Matt Smith for me :)

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 09:07:40 BDT
Cheddarwasp says:
Actually when Matt Smith hangs up his Tardis I think the Political Correspondent for Sky News, Peter Spencer, should take up the reins.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2012 16:49:59 BDT
Zak Small says:
Blink was a special one, wasn't it?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jun 2012 23:28:32 BDT
In order:
1.) David Tennant
2.) Tom Baker
3.) Matt Smith
4.) Jon Pertwee

www.thegamecalledrevolution.blogspot.com

Posted on 30 Jun 2012 10:17:27 BDT
Sophie says:
1. Tom Baker
2. David Tennant
3. Jon Pertwee

Best Davros: Michael Wisher. Best Master: Roger Delgado.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the science fiction discussion forum (554 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  73
Total posts:  190
Initial post:  26 May 2011
Latest post:  5 Mar 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions