Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > science fiction discussion forum

If you were a sci-fi character, who would you be ?>

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 83 posts in this discussion
Posted on 30 Apr 2012 16:14:48 BDT
Joseph says:
Robocop: he may walk slow but he'll blow any creep away.

Posted on 1 May 2012 23:08:52 BDT
Thomas Mills says:
got to be the dude with feathers out of barbarella i was seriously jealous

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 23:07:54 BDT
I think his name was Pygar or Pigar - Milo O'Shea was in that film playing a character called Duran Duran (Geek mode - Off)
Your reply to Amazon Customer's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2012 00:47:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 May 2012 00:49:00 BDT
The mutant creature in 'This Island Earth'. It scared the heck out of me when I was a child and I could get my own back. I'd also like to play the role so I could chase the delectable Faith DOMERGUE around the movie set.

Maybe I'd also include Chewbacca the Wookie.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2012 12:20:28 BDT
Ken O'Neill says:
Correct on both points. I think it was Pygar, but I'd need to actually read the end titles to confirm.

Posted on 3 May 2012 12:44:09 BDT
I have read so many delightful posts - but I am back to Farscape - I want to be the little Pilot that sits and directs the course of the Ship - but I am inclined to think Ship knows more than she lets on - she knows more about space - BLESS !! - than the Characters - except Aeryn Sun - it's alright Claudia Black - I do not want your job - nor Scorpius' - he is safe - gives us born under Scorpio a bad name - We are not like that (not with moon in Pisces any way)

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2012 15:01:21 BDT
Ken O'Neill says:
I agree; the Leviathans (include Talyn here) know a lot, even if they can't talk to humaniforms except through the Pilot race.

Posted on 3 May 2012 18:13:29 BDT
Dr. Julian Bashir, then I can be with Ezri Dax!

Posted on 3 May 2012 18:52:09 BDT
Thanks Ken - my bad I had forgotten Ship's name
as for &rew you have good taste - do you like your name written &rew I am aware
of someone who writes it like that but just for fun

Posted on 9 May 2012 17:36:17 BDT
Quornhog says:
If you like being other people, try being Sam Beckett. He gets to be lots of other people (sort of).

Posted on 14 May 2012 04:01:24 BDT
Kodanshi says:
Duncan Idaho from Dune.

Posted on 21 May 2012 20:11:07 BDT
Kerome says:
Seriously? So many choices with big downsides... I mean robocop would mean pissing inside a tin can for the rest of your days ;)

Why not have Godlike power as Marc Remillard from Julian May's The Adversary, or control of a massive empire like Severian in Gene Wolfe's Citadel of the Autarch?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 May 2012 03:50:58 BDT
Peter Idone says:
This is an intriguing question and one I've asked myself over the years.I probably identify most with Redrick Schuhart from the Strugatsky brothers Roadside Picnic although I don't think I would totally commit to that character. I live in the U.S. (New York, Seattle, New England) and America has become like a strange sci-fi movie for a while now. So, I guess I'll have to play me in this weird story and discover how it unfolds. Great question! Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 May 2012 06:41:41 BDT
Well - if you are going to play You in this strange Movie - I can only say here and now - there is no other person better suited to the job - keep calm and study the script -

In reply to an earlier post on 23 May 2012 13:52:18 BDT
Peter Idone says:
Thanks Patricia, I'll do my best.

Posted on 2 Mar 2013 16:21:43 GMT
Hans Solo, he's strong, handsom, intelligent, dashing.
Come to think of it so am I, don't think I'll bother to change after all ! ! !

Posted on 2 Mar 2013 20:36:23 GMT
Perhaps Klaatu, the alien from 'The Day The Earth Stood Still', with his robot companion GORT.

He made the whole world take notice.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2013 16:56:58 GMT
Natasha S says:
Delenn from Babylon 5.

Posted on 5 Mar 2013 14:10:16 GMT
DREDD

Posted on 6 Mar 2013 16:45:45 GMT
Phil Smith says:
The Doctor; Captain Jack Harkness; Neo; Kerr Avon; Fox Mulder. Multiple personality disorder on a grand scale here!!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Mar 2013 20:20:58 GMT
Good one Fairy Queen. Ripley is cool I also liked Vasquez from the second film.
Failling either of these two kick-ass ladies I would choose to be a Jedi, or Padme

Posted on 7 Mar 2013 09:29:12 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Mar 2013 20:20:58 GMT
Roma says:
Sorry, i m really not interested in sci fi. However, i would. chose to be Seven of Nine. Why, when i don t know anything about her. Well, because the mere mention of her name caused my male colleagues to go weak at the knees. It was quite funny. We, the females, would deliberately introduce her name into a conversation and watched how all the men stopped theirs and sighed simultaneously before resuming their conversation.

Posted on 8 Mar 2013 20:21:28 GMT
Davey Rice - Steven Goulds Jumpers. Being able to teleport at will, cant be beaten.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Mar 2013 10:26:34 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Mar 2013 10:27:07 GMT
@ Roma -I believe it is because she is quite the sexiest being in the Galaxy - and the guys just have their tongues a-hanging out over her -
I remember Kate Muldrew (sp) - well "Ma'am will do in a crisis but I prefer Captain" - she once commented in an interview - "She is a lovely person - but that body of hers - it is ALL her - not a scrap of padding - and the envy of those of us who are built like little boys" Well - if that is Kate's opinion - you may understand it better - my Grandson likes her I think - shucks he's thirty four - he cannot define precisely the appeal she has - and he's a scientist

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Mar 2013 12:14:12 GMT
Natasha S says:
I couldn't be Seven Of Nine but i would date the actress who played her.

Jeri Ryan is so hot and is great as Dr Kate Murphy.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the science fiction discussion forum (571 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  50
Total posts:  83
Initial post:  5 Mar 2012
Latest post:  31 Mar 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions