Customer Discussions > science fiction discussion forum

Prometheus Film - For Those Who Have Seen It. -So SPOILERS!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-30 of 30 posts in this discussion
Posted on 18 Jun 2012 12:23:28 BDT
Sophia says:
This actually comes from an uber-fan friend of mine who claims Prometheus cannot be a prequel as the dates don't match up: Anyone else who knows the films well enough *obviously* sees the discrepencies in the dates given for various Weyland Industries timeline entries. Now I wish I could remember the exact dates to add in here but perhaps there is someone else out there that could fill in the blanks.

Posted on 18 Jun 2012 12:55:45 BDT
Sophia says:
From myself: I've read somewhere (sorry can't remember exactly where) that there has already been an announcement saying that the director's cut will be 20 minutes longer. Hopefully that will fill in some of the massive plot holes. Plus I read a fabulous blog by Cavalorn on livejournal that seems to explain some of the more out there bits

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 07:08:19 BDT
Buff Lacey says:
If you look up "Prometheus" on Wikipedia you can see how Ridley-Scott has taken the themes from the original to make his own story. There is the creation of man; the gift of fire or scientific knowledge; the alien as Pandora's contribution . In future sequels I think we can expect to see an engineer taking the side of our human cause, against the the better judgement of his own race, then to be caught and punished in some horrible kind of alien-y way, while humans get greater knowledge ( fire ) at the expense of having to deal with the evils of aliens.
BTW I did enjoy the film. The original Alien was startling because of the sheer novelty of the monster, and simplicity of the plot. This Prometheus is something more convoluted and pretensious but promising more to come....

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 09:20:36 BDT
S. Lanigan says:
BIG SPOILER COMING UP FOR THE NEXT FILM, BUT FROM THE MOUTH OF THE DIRECTOR. I`ve read somewhere that Scott has hinted that the engineer that you mention taking the side of our human cause is actually Jesus (woah, controversial!), and the crucifiction of this messianic engineer is the reason for the sending of the alien eggs back to earth, to destroy mankind for their (our) folly. I agree Buff, Prometheous is a fine film that should be viewed not as a prequel, but as a film that runs alongside the Alien films, while exploring other, deeper issues.
Your reply to S. Lanigan's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jun 2012 14:47:50 BDT
Adam Jackson says:
That would be an amazing story! It's going to be a difficult film in the sense that it would appear to have only 1 human character and a patched up (at best) android if it follows the final scene?

Not sure how they can show the demise of the alien derelict from Alien??

So it seems one ship was carrying eggs to earth and the other the ampules containing the black agent??
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  4 Jun 2012
Latest post:  24 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions