Customer Discussions > science fiction discussion forum

Need help with finding a book title

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 May 2012 10:52:36 BDT
Mark says:
Hi all,
I remember reading a science fiction book while at school and I'd really like to track it down. All I can really remember about it though is that whenever there was a lightning storm, it was because aliens were having a battle in their craft above the clouds. Any ideas?

Posted on 28 May 2012 13:38:36 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 28 May 2012 17:45:39 BDT
Oracle says:
P Lingard-smart, your link obviously doesn't help Mark as he's looking for a specific book. If you can't help him, what's the point in posting? It's little more than spam.

Posted on 29 May 2012 13:14:53 BDT
Ken O'Neill says:
I've heard a variation on this idea before, but I think it was from Germanic/Scandanavian and possibly Greek/Roman myth rather than being SF.

Posted on 29 May 2012 13:51:28 BDT
Sorry my mistake Oracle don't bite my head off.

Posted on 29 May 2012 14:10:15 BDT
In which case I apologise for making it sound like my post was spam, I meant he could possibly ask the authors as they might be able to identify the author and probably the book.

Posted on 5 Jun 2012 16:47:50 BDT
A. R. Rogers says:
It might help, if you give us an idea, what years you were at school. Also anything else, was it set on earth, were aliens involved etc..

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 16:28:27 BDT
Mark says:
A.R. Rogers - I read it when I was in the UK, late 80s / early 90s. It was set on Earth and it involved a boy as far as I can remember and he somehow interacted with aliens (possibly after they crash landed, but not too sure) and I seem to remember he used their technology but it gets foggy at that point and I feel like I may be inventing memories if I go any further.

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 21:21:21 BDT
It wasn't Chocky By John Wyndham was it?

Posted on 29 Jun 2012 16:04:26 BDT
Mark says:
I'm afraid it wasn't Chocky. I wish it was, then I could stop feeling so crazy trying to think what this book was.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the science fiction discussion forum (562 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  14 May 2012
Latest post:  29 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions