Customer Discussions > samsung discussion forum

Warning - Samsung have Limited ability to Honour Warranty - Lack of UK Stock!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Apr 2011 14:18:39 BDT
I purchased a 63" Samsung Plasma 3D TV and 5 pairs of 2200AR rechargeable 3D glasses back in January. One of the glasses was dead out of the box. I followed procedure to return them to RepairTech in the UK and received a set of battery powered (cheaper version and not what I sent in) in replacement. I rang RepairTech and was told they could do nothing - they gave no reason and said I should contact Samsung UK. After being passed from pillar to post in January when I called, I eventually spoke with someone from UK Customer Services who said they were out of stock of 2200AR glasses and I should recieve the correct replacement wiithin a month. Now, 3 months later, I have received nothing.

Today I phoned Samsung again, after negotiating the call centre I got through to UK Customer Services again who claimed no record of the incorrect glasses being sent to me! After ten minutes on hold they then decided they did know about it.

I was then told they still had no stock of the 2200AR but they could send me another pair of battery powered glasses! I checked online and my local Comet have stock of the correct glasses. I was insistant on wanting the same model or better back as per the warranty agreement. I was repeatedly told there was nothing Samsung could do about it and I would have to wait an indeterminate time for the correct glasses to be sent to me! I suggested they could arrange for me to collect a pair from a local Samsung stockist - no they can't even do that apparantly. They told me their retail and customer services are in no way connected!? Come on Samsung - this is appauling. I spent 3,500 on a top end 3D plasma and five sets of glasses and you cannot even manage to replace one pair of 3D glasses within 4 months? I await a call back from a manager but don't hold out much hope.

This is appauling customer service and smacks of disorganisation - you can buy these glasses in the shops, but who's going to help you when they go wrong? Grrr....

I await a response, but would like to hear form anyone else who has had a similar problem. Meanwhile if I get the problem resolved I will post an update. I cannot understand why they can not - in light of the long time period waiting - authorise a purchase from my local Comet or similar where they have these in stock!

Posted on 19 Apr 2011 20:19:35 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 Dec 2011 21:25:37 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2011 22:44:38 BDT
Garfield says:
Your contract is with the shop you bought the equipment from. You should be badgering them, not Samsung. Go back to them and tell them they need to uphold their duty under retail law, and replace your faulty glasses like for like.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  samsung discussion forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  19 Apr 2011
Latest post:  26 Apr 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions