Customer Discussions > samsung discussion forum

Replacement Screens on LED TV's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Aug 2012 13:38:41 BDT
AJS says:
Has anyone encountered issues with LED screens needing to be replaced? Since purchasing a 40" Samsung tv (model UE40D6100) in November it has been collected today for its SECOND screen replacement since I got it. Now very nervous about the warranty expiring in november and whether this will continue to be a problem. Essentially, 2 lines appeared on the screen (one horizontal, one vertical) where the image is affected. Its as if something has 'blown'. The indifference from Samsung when i called to arrange repair and questioned why this would be was of course very frustrating. Anybody else had this issue?

Posted on 13 Aug 2012 01:58:22 BDT
wierd! I remember when the lcos tv's were around and many had green blotches.

Posted on 21 Aug 2012 19:21:31 BDT
Jays4 says:
Have a problem with aSamsung 58inch plasma bought in Feb 2011 from Currys on line. During the first 12 months it went 3 times with the same fault, ( on a light background the screen turns purple) The third time it went was just on the 12 month warranty, and I said to Currys I wasn't happy as I was sure it would go again.Currys said because of the history of the TV ,if it went again I would get a replacement. It went again 3 months later, same problem. Contacted Currys, their response basically was; hard luck,out of warranty,
Should not have been told I would I get a replacement . After hours on the phone I have given up.Will never buy anything from Currys again.

Posted on 21 Aug 2012 19:29:48 BDT
Jays4 says:
Tv screen for plasma replaced 3 times still not working

Posted on 21 Aug 2012 21:08:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Aug 2012 21:11:25 BDT
P. B. Howard says:
Just because a shop warranty has run out you still have rights as a consumer. The consumer credit act states that goods should be fit for purpose and last a reasonable length of time. Given the history and cost, just over twelve months wouldn't be considered a reasonable length of time and the company you bought it from should issue you a replacement or repair it. To try and fob you off with the warranty is rubbish and it should be noted that the warranty is given in addition to your rights. I had a problem with a washer that was 18 months old when it broke. The company ended up paying for full repairs despite their initial refusal as out of warranty. I would get advice from consumer direct and ask for a new tv if it goes again

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Aug 2012 18:46:39 BDT
K. Nazir says:
You can buy a warantee from 1ys to 2 yrs periodically.
As soon it runs out you can repurchase From Crystal Clear.

Thats me Khalid - cally

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Sep 2012 11:10:18 BDT
G. B. Smith says:
Have you not heard of the Sale of Goods Act 1979, the product must be fit for purpose, try contacting your local Trading Standards Office, they will help, 'Which' will also help, and the Daily Mail and Daily Epress have very good support from thier respective writers, i.e. The Crusader of the Epress is particularly good at resolving this type of complaint. Keep trying!

Good luck,

G.B. Smith

Posted on 3 Jan 2014 12:51:14 GMT
jan bell says:
Purchased a samsung LED tv EU55f8000 May 2013 (latest model) Engineer called out due to numerous black dots in screen 50 plus . Have been informed these are Thunder Bugs and as such not covered under warranty.
Samsung confirmed the screens are not sealed and offer no support other than "claim it under your home insurance"
Considering this is a £2500 TV and the latest model mortified that Samsung take this stance has anyone else had these issues
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  samsung discussion forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  1 Aug 2012
Latest post:  3 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions