Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's
Customer Discussions > romance discussion forum

New Romance books needed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 119 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Jun 2012 22:45:51 BDT
Jennifer Gys says:
Hi there,

I'm looking for some good romance books where you have a ptsd-past haunts-tortured hero (or heroine (she's raped i.e.) Or where the hero gets the custody of the heroine and fall in love.

So far I've read Lord of Fire and Lord of Ice (Foley Gaelen) and a couple of Mills and boon books like Summer of surrender, moon witch, Fallen Angel etc

Do any of you have suggestions? Regency romance is always appreciated!
:) THX :)

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 22:55:19 BDT
Anna jenkins says:
The Nameless by Liza Burgess is a great read. A contemporary novel but one I think you will enjoy.
Has a twist in the story, but hopefully you will enjoy it.

Sorry but it is not a regency romance, but well worth reading. Let me know how you enjoy it.

E.Guidolin

Posted on 29 Jun 2012 21:11:58 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 29 Jun 2012 21:17:44 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2012 12:58:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Sep 2012 12:28:57 BDT
LEP says:
There's absolutely loads of historical/Regency romances with that type of scenario (not rape, very un-pc!). It's an absolute requirement afer all to include a "tortured hero" LOL. I've read heaps, the problem is remembering them.

Here's some I do remember:

The Taming of the Duke - Eliosa James (part of a trilogy. The book about the 3rd sister also perhaps fits your
requirement, in that she's mocked because she's plump, when the fashion was for slim women).

Montana Blue (not a Regency) - Gennell Dellin

Sebastian St.Cyr series - C S Harris ( must be read in order and don't read reviews for book 2 or 3, there's a huge spoiler!) Also you must read Harris's notes at the end of each book, especially in the first book as it explains the description of Sebastian. Book 1 - What Angels Fear. Tortured war hero, disfunctional family, family secrets, a love he can't have, a Machailvellian character always trying to set St.Cyr up. VERY good series.

Fire at Midnight - Lisa Marie Wilkinson

Met by Chance - Lynn Connolly

Your Scandalous Ways - Loretta Chase

Flowers of the Storm; also Uncertain Magic - Laura Kinsale (I liked both, but Flowers... is the best)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2012 13:10:39 BDT
LEP says:
The Price of Desire - Jo Goodman
Beyond a Wicked Kiss - Jo Goodman
The Bridal Conquest - Candace Camp

Posted on 30 Jun 2012 15:23:59 BDT
Bookish Sue says:
Blue Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2012 19:00:28 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Jun 2012 22:02:54 BDT
LEP says:
A Woman Scorned - Liz Carlyle
The Devil You Know - Liz Carlyle
When Strangers Marry - Lisa Kleypas (Regency period, but set in New Orleans. Unusual and very good)

All very good books

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2012 19:05:51 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 30 Jun 2012 19:08:47 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2012 19:45:34 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Jun 2012 22:04:50 BDT
LEP says:
The Many Sins of Lord Cameron - jennifer Ashley
The Prince of Midnight - Laura Kinsale
England's Perfect Hero - Suzanne Enoch
Born in Sin - Kinley MacGregorr
The Rake - Mary Jo Putney
The Madness of Lord Ian Makenzie - Jennifer Ashley (He's not actually "mad", but has what we would recognise today as Asperger's Syndrome, never heard of ofcourse in the Regency period)
Lord of Scoundrels - Loretta Chase
Once and Always - Judith McNaught
Something Wonderful - Judith McNaught
Almost Heaven - Judith McNaught
To Beguile a Beast - Elizabeth Hoyt (part of the 4 Soldiers series and all the books would probably fit your criteria)
The Duke - Gaelen Foley
Worth Any Price - Lisa Kleypas
Again the Magic - Lisa Kleypas
Devil Takes a Bride - Gaelen Foley
Broken Wing - Judith James
Devil in Winter - Lisa Kleypas
Ruthless - Anne Stuart

I've read most of these except the Anne Stuart one. Broken Wing is just what you are looking for.

Posted on 1 Jul 2012 10:21:40 BDT
Jennifer Gys says:
Wow, thank you guys!!! Lol my mission of today is work my way through your lists and put an order in with amazon :) Lol Keep the suggestions coming! :)

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jul 2012 13:06:31 BDT
LEP says:
Several of the ones I've suggested are parts of series. In the case of Liz Carlyle's books all of which are very good (her latest Victorian series aren't so good, but her earlier stuff is), she doesn't exactly do series, however she uses the same characters very often. Perhaps as secondary characters in one book and then they appear in books of their own.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jul 2012 13:09:49 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 2 Jul 2012 14:51:59 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jul 2012 14:31:45 BDT
lovebooks124 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jul 2012 17:24:10 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jul 2012 19:32:07 BDT
LEP says:
Passion wears pearls - Renee Bernard
The Lily Brand - Sandra Schwarb

I haven't read either of these.

Posted on 1 Jul 2012 19:04:34 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jul 2012 19:06:27 BDT
Lisa Kleypas's Hathaway series has a very PTSD hero in Christopher Phelan in "Love in the Afternoon" with the most unusual heroine and the most unique love scene ive seen in a Regency Romance ever! Beatrix Hathaway is a darling with hidden talents, who you cannot help but love. This is the fifth in a series, but well worth your time.

Posted on 1 Jul 2012 19:15:43 BDT
Dawn Porter says:
TRY THE SHADES OF GREY BOOKS !! also gabriels rapture books !!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jul 2012 19:35:50 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jul 2012 19:38:51 BDT
LEP says:
Well, B Gulbis, if I've got the right series and there's so many I might be mixing up it up, the brother also could be said to have PTSD as he loses the love of his life. Or, have I mixed it up with another series? On reflection I think I have. Which is the series that has Cam Rohan, the half gypsy in it?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jul 2012 19:39:38 BDT
LEP says:
Shades of Grey is BDSM isn't it and it's not Regency.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 18:28:31 BDT
LEP says:
Here's one, only I warn you it's erotic and has some pretty explicit sex in it. It does however fulfil all your criteria above.

Simply Sinful - Kate Pearce

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2012 20:56:35 BDT
LEP says:
The Wild Child - Mary Jo Putney

Posted on 22 Jul 2012 23:24:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2012 23:29:08 BDT
Anna jenkins says:
I would like to have any feedback of this book entitled The Nameless. I enjoyed it as did many of my friends. A well writter story and characters are extremely well described. Gives us all food for thought as the story unravels. The pressure of life today and the struggles and choices we may have to choose from - Not always easy or obvious. What do others think??
Let me know as would be very interesting in reading what other readers think. Tks E. Guidolin Largs Ayrshire Scotland

Posted on 27 Jul 2012 15:56:56 BDT
G. Pye says:
Try my timeslip novel where the hero returns to 1919 and meets the woman of his past and future. Hopefully it well make you think of the sacrifices we make for love. Enjoy.

The Silence and the Tears (Kindle version)

The Silence and the Tears (Paperback version)

Posted on 27 Jul 2012 23:05:02 BDT
Hey Ladies, I self published my first novel a week ago. It's a great story for anyone who has ever had issues with their weight or confidence. Please don't expect anything heavy, but it's a nice, light, funny read. Hope some of you enjoy xxx If this link fails me the title is "Cowbells, Cuckoo Clocks & Chocolate".http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cowbells-Cuckoo-Clocks-Chocolate-ebook/dp/B008N25YOY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343396875&sr=8-1

Posted on 29 Jul 2012 08:28:40 BDT
Ah tortured heroes, forced marriages, I love reading about them too. I also write about them.
Check out
Savage Possession

Regards

Margaret

Posted on 29 Jul 2012 18:37:09 BDT
T. SLACK says:
Try Penley Pearls by June Hirst. New author and good read. Set in the war too!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the romance discussion forum (680 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  romance discussion forum
Participants:  75
Total posts:  119
Initial post:  28 Jun 2012
Latest post:  10 Mar 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions