Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > romance discussion forum

Help with an old mills and boon title

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Aug 2012 17:14:49 BDT
Carlton Jen says:
I am looking for a mills and boon book that was published sometime between 1984 to 1992.

The woman in the book is dyslexic.

When the woman is leaving the man, she writes the reason for her leaving on a mirror. But because of her dyslexia, he cannot read it.

I think he teachers her scrabble to try and help her with her dyslexia.

Anybody know?

Posted on 3 Aug 2012 15:54:36 BDT
Jen Errik says:
I don't know, but if you haven't already looked you could try http://likesbooks.com/ - if you put your mouse over 'reader's choice', then click on 'special titles listing' and look for the 'less than perfect' list. There are a couple of dyslexic heroines listed in the contemporary books section, perhaps one of the titles will ring a bell.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Aug 2012 09:20:42 BDT
BethB says:
Tempestuous Reunion (Lynne Graham Collection) No Scrabble afaik, but the mirror message and dyslexia are there.

Posted on 20 Jan 2014 18:46:03 GMT
F.K says:
Hi guys,

I have been trying for weeks now to try and find this book that I read a long time ago. Here is what I remember of the plot:
The heroine has a brother and they have lost their parents. She decides to move from the city and into a private quite location. She is very good with her arrow and she has a Cessna which she sometimes lends to her brother. Her brother gets involved with drug dealers and he imports the drugs in the Cessna. The hero is an FBI agent who suspects the heroine of being involved since the Cessna is under her name. He disguises himself as a nerdy tourist and gets her to fly him in her Cessna.
As the plot progresses, the hero finds out that her brother is the one that is involved, and the heroine will do anything to protect her brother. So the hero keeps the heroine with him, until they solve the crime. Somewhere in the story, we find out that the towns sheriff is also involved in the drug deal. The story ends with the bad people caught and put into prison. I think the brother also goes to prison, but he gets a lighter sentence as he cooperates. The heroine and hero get married and live happily ever after. I believe that the story ends with the readers finding out that the hero is now the new sheriff of the town and that he is late for his first day to work, as he makes love to his wife after finding out that she is pregnant.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

F.K

Posted on 31 Jan 2014 13:09:48 GMT
Forde Hughes says:
Hi, Im looking for possibly a Mills and Boon book, well hopefully a Mills and Boon book, that my mother read as a teenager. She can not remember the name of the book! Not for the lack of trying! and I really want to find it because I was named after one of the characters in the book. From what I know the character was a female who's dad owned or ran some sort of company/business. He died and she continued to run the company/business, unbeknownst to the many men working in the company. There is obviously a romance involved somewhere. I get the impression that the book decidedly points out male dominance in the workplace, especially in that era it was written (which I am assuming was anywhere between the 1950's-1980's).
Anyway the characters name is Forde. Spelt exactly like that. If anyone could help me find the name of that book or the name of any book that has a character with the name Forde in it, that would be great! I really want to find this book and read it, because I really want to know why my mother loved this name so much! As you can see it is not exactly common haha!
Please and Thank-yous!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2014 18:11:26 BDT
gill says:
can't remember title but definitely a Lynne Graham

Posted on 16 Oct 2014 20:56:39 BDT
Doublell says:
Have you tried posting the the M&B website?

http://www.millsandboon.co.uk/
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the romance discussion forum (681 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  romance discussion forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  1 Aug 2012
Latest post:  16 Oct 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions