Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > romance discussion forum

Need help finding a book! Going insane!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Jan 2014 13:58:17 GMT
L. M. Hall says:
Hi guys,
hopefully someone can help me! It's been killing me for days now... I remembered starting a book a few years ago now and i didn't finish it. (cant remember why if it was good or bad)
But I remember the book started with a woman who wanted to lose her virginity. She went on a night out to meet a guy to lose it too. She obviously met a guy and he took her to his place.

if i recall correctly he wasn't aware she was a virgin, she's wanted the lights out, they got down to business etc etc and he never found out she was a virgin (until the following morning). He was thinking about how he would get rid of her the following morning (as he wanted no strings) but when he woke she had already left, i remember him thinking this was a bonus but then he noticed (from the bed covers) that she had been a virgin.

Now this is where i get unsure - i think when she goes to work (maybe a new job) or something like that it turns out he is her new boss. but i dont know maybe im mixing it up with another book...arrrr im going crazy! lol

Now when I've searched for what this book could possibly be called and thought about it for days now....im stuck (I've seen losing it by cora carmack and its not that but not been able to find any similar)

Can anyone help?

Posted on 14 Jan 2014 21:36:35 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 14 Jan 2014 21:37:37 GMT]

Posted on 23 Jan 2014 21:23:03 GMT
Gill says:
It sounds like restoring Jordan by Elizabeth Finn. Good read :)

Posted on 6 Feb 2014 16:34:34 GMT
L. M. Hall says:
Yes!!!!!! thank god...that is the book! thank you so much x

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 10:34:26 GMT
Gill says:
You're welcome! Glad I could help :) xx

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 13:09:08 GMT
A L Gray says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 19:27:31 GMT
L. M. Hall says:
Yes i enjoyed reading the sample...it ended right when she got the phone call offering her the job at Darks BUT REFUSED! loved it! ha ha......just cant resist need to know more now. ill be downloading it now! lol X x

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 19:43:17 GMT
A L Gray says:
I absolutely loved reading your comment, made me chuckle. I really hope you will enjoy it and I hope ull leave a review ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 20:15:55 GMT
L. M. Hall says:
We'll I'm 20% in and I'm enjoying it at the moment, it's defiantly gripped me I enjoy a book that does that. I like fast paced books where something is always making me shout out 'what' or 'No way' which by the way I did when she she is trying to get out of work the first day and the lift opens and he's stood there!!!!! OMG my husband is sick of me shouting out already lol but yes I'll leave a review, very good so far x

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 20:47:22 GMT
A L Gray says:
Ha ha ha that is one of my fav bits, I'm so glad you like it ;-) I'm completely amused by your comments, they are making my wine go down with giggles lol x

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 21:36:34 GMT
L. M. Hall says:
I'm 70% in and i'm gutted because i know its going to end too soon.... and i want more!!

Some of my favorite bits so far I've highlighted are:

"i hope to god that bas**rd does not work there all the time, i doubt i would last a day!" - I love that she hates him!

"i constantly pace, back and forth but finally the lift pings open. I stand frozen as Mr Darks eyes burn into me" - OMG Moment!

"these are all qualities i like in my woman, not that i have had the pleasure of my desired woman, until you"

"I stopped dead, stupefied and realize there is a dress code. Every woman is in red and every man in black..... and i am bloody dressed in white" - OH MY GOD....i was pacing around my living room screaming "oh my god, no way, cant believe it" lol i could have died for Anile!

X x

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 21:52:33 GMT
A L Gray says:
omg! my husband is now annoyed too lol I am literally screaming with laughter at your comments, I love them! I am so glad you are drawn into the story and don't worry, you will not have to wait long for volume 2 ;-)
I also love your quotes and I will be posting them on the book description lol x

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 22:32:48 GMT
L. M. Hall says:
Well i'm finished!

Aww god.. where do i start....i started off thinking hmmm maybe its going to be a bit like 50 shades of gray....BUT actually as you get to know a bit more about Mr Darks your like "nope i was wrong he's nothing like him" i do think there are similar bits but it doesn't bother me at all!

Elijah annoyed me the first half of the book (sometimes hated how c**ky he seemed), but towards the end when Anile found out a bit more about him (his mam) i was sad tears in my eyes and all (i cant believe what he told her at the London eye...sad...sad...sad and i thought just like Anile did 'this is why, he is, the way he is'

when she is reading up on google about him i noticed his wife's name. Anile obviously doesn't click as its not mentioned in the book (maybe i'm jumping the gun and bit and i could have assumed wrong...i hope im not), but if i'm right its another OH MY GOD moment to come!

The ending - oh god - i loved it but i need to know more.... i was SHOCKED when he took her where he did, i don't understand!!! but then what he did at the very end i was sad all over again for Anile just when she finally stopped fighting him!

The end of the books showed volume 2 in April and i hope so i cant wait!!! X x

P.s You did great, love a read like this and i'll be sure to recommend it to others X x

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 22:51:36 GMT
A L Gray says:
Wow that is a review and a half! Absolutely love it, I'd love it if you would post that on the kindle review ;-) a little sneaky insight, look up fitchers bird and bluebeard, ;-) I'm completely all cheshire cat smiling at your opinion! Love it xx

Posted on 11 Feb 2014 00:01:57 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Feb 2014 00:03:56 GMT
L. M. Hall says:
Glad I made your night, I've reviewed on both amazon and goodreads, hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I did X x

P.s I'll keep a look out for the second book and I'll also check out what you suggested x

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2014 00:10:19 GMT
A L Gray says:
Add me on facebook if you like hun and keep updated, we can chat also x thanks again for a very chearful night x here is my fb link https://m.facebook.com/anita.gray.52090?_rdr

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2014 08:20:27 GMT
L. M. Hall says:
Thanks added you on Facebook.

P.s already trying to get my work colleagues to download the book lol so far I've had one downloading it at her desk and another promising to do it when they get home lol

Posted on 11 Feb 2014 09:16:34 GMT
Pam says:
Help also please. I am looking for a historical romance author. I believe that the series of books she wrote was released in the 90's, it was about one family and the last book was the story of the oldest brother. He was either a Duke or Earl and ended up married to the governess who had looked after his younger sisters. I think the titles of all the books was the name of each sibling ( not 100% sure). Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2014 09:59:37 GMT
L. M. Hall says:
Hi Pamela sorry I'm not aware of who this author could be. Not really into historical romances myself but hope you find out who it is soon, I know when I was looking for a book I was going crazy! Good luck X x

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2014 10:52:48 GMT
A L Gray says:
Awww, hopefully they will like it as much as you did ;-) xx

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2014 11:24:52 GMT
Pam says:
Thanks for replying to my post. Your right going crazy trying to remember the author of this series. Hopefully someone else may remember.

Posted on 12 Feb 2014 14:53:11 GMT
A L Gray says:
Thank you to everyone that has support my new book
It is now 31 in the kindle store ;-) L M Hall x
Dark Layers (Volume 1)

Knowledge is Power

Synopsis

Law graduate Anile has recently finished university and is now ready to venture into the working world. She has suffered two discriminating and scrutinising interviews but still remains sanguine with her attitude and refuses to let anyone bring her down.
She reaches Dark Lawyers for her third interview and meets a man who is enigmatic, prepossessing and smart beyond any of her expectations.
She is checkmated in her interview and completely deflated but she should have seen this as a warning fore she couldn't predict what was yet to come for her.
The blandishment of this man's words invites Anile to expensive cryptic parties, spectacular dates and lures her into darkness. If she is not careful and doesn't listen to her subconscious, these very words will be carved into her headstone.
Love is the only thing we have that cannot be controlled, but, Anile will soon forget this as she will be plugged in and
programmed into her emotions
like the rest of the world.

Funny and smart beyond your expectations.
Read it for yourself.

Dark Layers (Volume 1): A L Gray

Posted on 12 Feb 2014 18:42:29 GMT
L. M. Hall says:
i'm sure you've worked hard. I bet its lovely to see it doing so well, I've been making sure to tell all of my book friends about it, shared it on Facebook a couple of times and also goodreads website. lol

I saw your post on my review on amazon asking for my address (i'm over the moon, again screaming at my husband...."you'll never guess what" ha ha)...i sent you an email with my address as you requested.....i've never had so much fun reading a book and been able to tell you what i thought about the book as i read it made the whole experience better for me! X x

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Feb 2014 23:40:57 GMT
A L Gray says:
I have emailed you back lovey and you are at the top of my list for a signed copy - I bet your hubby hates me lol x

Posted on 13 Feb 2014 16:46:23 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 13 Feb 2014 16:52:03 GMT]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the romance discussion forum (681 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  romance discussion forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  13 Jan 2014
Latest post:  13 Feb 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions