Customer Discussions > romance discussion forum

Early Mills and Boon/Harlequin Presents

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 137 posts in this discussion
Posted on 5 May 2015 18:59:06 BDT
Amal says:
Hi I read a book years ago, it was a orange mills and boon cover and it was about two families who's had a feud for many years but secretly the daughter of one family and the son of the other family spent one night together which resulted in pregnancy. The girls brothers want nothing to do with the the other family but the father to be is determined to stay in both the child and mothers life. I recall one the brothers name which was Gideon hopefully someone has information about this book
Thanks
AI

Posted on 5 May 2015 18:18:11 BDT
Hi
I'm looking for a Mills and Boon book possibly early 90's. Its about a man who would like a child but isnt in a relationship, he tells his secretary about this and she agrees to do have his baby as she is secretly in love with him. The secretary lets her boss think she is in love with someone else, because he has said he doesn't want her to fall for him. When the boss goes to kiss her he tells her just to think of the man she loves, she thinks of him and kisses him passionately. He is not happy with this as he thinks she is thinking of this other man and becomes jealous.

Not much to go on I know but anybody any ideas? thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2015 16:10:37 BDT
millsandboon says:
Hi PS
I think the book is called A Talent for loving by Celia Scott

Posted on 5 May 2015 05:28:49 BDT
PS says:
PLEASE HELP!!

I am looking for an old Mills and Boon story (80s/90s) that had a pink cover. The h was a bit of a plain jane who is infatuated with a famous actor and rides her bike over to his residence (they've rented a place for filming?) to catch a glimpse of him. She ends up falling from her bike and the grumpy man who comes out to help her (he's with the film crew but can't recall if he was the director?) ends up as the guy she eventually falls in love with. He also tries to help her with a make-over to catch the actor's interest.

Couple of other scenes I recall is when the actor can't keep his hands off her when he sees the h in her new swimsuit much to the chagrin of the H.

Also when the h, H and an actress from said film (who happens to be genuinely in love with the actor) sits down at dinner and when carving the chicken, blood spurts out! The H subsequently fires the cook and h saves the day by zipping up something nice to eat.
Reply to this post

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2015 19:14:14 BDT
Hi, I think this is 'A vengeful passion' by Lynne graham.

Posted on 4 May 2015 17:37:28 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 May 2015 18:17:05 BDT
Carey says:
Also looking for help with an old M&B book, any help extremely welcome! I can't remember the name of the hero/ine or the title and it has been bugging me for ages.

Girl is a redhead, passionate and fairly feminist with a younger redheaded brother. Brother crashes car of her millionaire banker ex-boyfriend who's Italian (or Greek?) and whom she left because of a misunderstanding (regarding an abortion of his baby)/arguments a few years back. She goes to his office to ask for leniency for her brother and enters into a bargain with said ex to marry him for a year and produce an heir and in return her brother won't be prosecuted. They go to Italy (Greece) where his family seat is based, and they are still wildly attracted to each other, but past and family keep cropping up and we learn of her tyrant father who cut her off after he found out she was dropping out of uni to have ex's baby, even though she didn't have it in the end. Think there are further misunderstandings and jealousies (veryintense reading) culminating in her crashing his car (I think - or that could be mixed up with another story...).
It's a really good book, really grateful for suggestions or comments. C

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2015 17:27:17 BDT
Carey says:
Hiya - Maybe try Patricia Wilson? many of her books seem to deal with some of the contexts you mention: Dearest Traitor and Dangerous Obsession are great angsty stories

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2015 22:33:18 BDT
A. Mitchell says:
I recently found The Counterfeit Secretary by Susan Napier which I read about 20 years ago as a teenager and loved it. When the book arrived I actually put off reading it as I thought I wouldn't like it as much as my memory of it. Pleased to say that I still enjoyed it however. Good luck in your search.

Posted on 22 Mar 2015 15:42:05 GMT
JMT says:
old 80"s romance book. please help . the book was about a secretary who is trying to get enough money to get custody of her step sister from abusive step father. wears her mothers ring to work. he thinks she is married. she comes to work with a bruise on her face. he comfronts her finds out she is not married . and tells her if she marries him she can get custody. they marry have a baby. think her name is caroline and the baby allie. father dies in car accident at the end.. author or title please.

Posted on 12 Mar 2015 06:48:42 GMT
PS says:
Hi everyone. I am looking for an old Mills and Boon story (80s/90s) that had a pink cover. The h was a bit of a plain jane who is infatuated with a famous actor and rides her bike over to his residence (they've rented a place for filming?) to catch a glimpse of him. She ends up falling from her bike and the grumpy man who comes out to help her (he's with the film crew but can't recall if he was the director?) ends up as the guy she eventually falls in love with. He also tries to help her with a make-over to catch the actor's interest.

Couple of other scenes I recall is when the actor can't keep his hands off her when he sees the h in her new swimsuit much to the chagrin of the H.

Also when the h, H and an actress from said film (who happens to be genuinely in love with the actor) sits down at dinner and when carving the chicken, blood spurts out! The H subsequently fires the cook and h saves the day by zipping up something nice to eat.
Reply to this post

Posted on 1 Mar 2015 01:51:55 GMT
Forde Hughes says:
Hi, Im looking for possibly a Mills and Boon book, well hopefully a Mills and Boon book, that my mother read as a teenager. She can not remember the name of the book! Not for the lack of trying! and I really want to find it because I was named after one of the characters in the book. From what I know the character was a female who's dad owned or ran some sort of company/business. He died and she continued to run the company/business, unbeknownst to the many men working in the company. There is obviously a romance involved somewhere. I get the impression that the book decidedly points out male dominance in the workplace, especially in that era it was written (which I am assuming was anywhere between the 1950's-1980's).
Anyway the characters name is Forde. Spelt exactly like that. If anyone could help me find the name of that book or the name of any book that has a character with the name Forde in it, that would be great! I really want to find this book and read it, because I really want to know why my mother loved this name so much! As you can see it is not exactly common haha!
Please and Thank-yous!

Posted on 13 Feb 2015 23:00:17 GMT
Tj says:
Hi I'm looking for an old medical book about a man Mac who has an accident on his wedding day and is in a coma, she finds out she is pregnant and throughout her pregnancy she tries to wake him up, she puts his hands on her stomach as she goes into labour and he wakes up they have a daughter (Faith or Hope) please help as I love this book!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Feb 2015 18:24:14 GMT
Hi.
Found the Book I was searching. It's Shadows of doubt from Caitlin Cross Silhouette Especial Editon. I fell good! Bye

Posted on 2 Feb 2015 13:39:02 GMT
Jacki says:
Hello - I'm hoping that someone will recognise a book that I read in the mid to late 80's as it is the only romance book that I can recall from my teens and was so sad it had me in floods of tears - unfortunately I don't remember the title or the author but hopefully someone else will from the following synopsis.

The book starts with the heroine sitting on a hill when she meets a young boy - she has been diagnosed with either a brain tumour or an aneurysm and is going to die so has left her family and moved to a new town. She then meets the boys father and despite not wanting to fall in love they do and eventually get married. At the end of the book the hero gets a call to say that she has had a stroke and to get home quickly as she is about to die - he makes it back and she has a second stroke and dies in his arm. After that every year the boy and his father would receive flowers on their birthdays which she had arranged before she died.

I have been looking for this book for years but without the title and author no such luck - fingers crossed someone on this site knows it. Thanks.

Posted on 26 Jan 2015 23:12:07 GMT
Hello.
I need help finding a book I've read in the 80's. The plot is:
First Chapter : She is on a plane, escaping from México with her baby boy. She fears that the family of her latest husband catch her baby.
Her in-laws don't know she run out of the hacienda with the child. She arrives at USA, lives in a flat n New York or Chicago, hides the baby, try to survive and is always looking for private investigators or police wanting her son... This is what I remember... She has help from a "special heroe"... This book was a long book, more than 200 pages, I think from Harlequin, Sillhouette or Worldwide Library, because of the setting USA. In my head there's a idea that the cover was dark blue, an image of a big city at night, with a woman and a boy. Love to know thw title and the author. Thanks, Mariana

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jan 2015 15:11:25 GMT
Hi again.
Also I remember clearly the first chapter. She is on a plane, in a aisport in Mexico, wiith her son escaping from her husband family, who wants to take her baby from her... So can you tell me how was the cover?
Thanks Carla

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jan 2015 12:24:21 GMT
Hello! Did you discover the book? I'm searching a Book with the same theme. A widow with baby escaping from in las trying to take ver baby from ver. She hides in a big city... ir you resolve this mistery please tell. I've read this Book in the 80's and can't remember the title por autor. gel me please.
Mariana

Posted on 22 Jan 2015 21:54:20 GMT
S. Ali says:
Hi
I'm looking for a old mills and boon book, the guy is much older then the heroine the hero has 2 older children from previous relationship, due to some problems the heroine breaks up with the hero but she is pregnant. The heroine goes on holiday I think skiing I'm not sure the hero knows she's pregnant and goes after her.

Thanks

Posted on 16 Jan 2015 11:11:47 GMT
Any one remember one where they are on Kauai? I think she is the helicopter pilot and he is a mercenary or military of some kind? Been looking for it for yrs.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jan 2015 19:18:30 GMT
Sophie Blair says:
Kay.
I know exactly which story you're talking about. Unfortunately I can't remember the name!! It's a brilliant story. Sorry I'm not much help. But hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help us both out.

Posted on 13 Jan 2015 18:44:31 GMT
kay says:
Hi, I'm looking for an old M&B
It's about a secretary (forgot her name) and her new boss who is the milionaire that takes over her company. Her parents are dead so she raised her younger brother. Her brother is out of control and gets arrested for stealing a car. Her new boss suddenly shows up at the courthouse and convinces the judge to release her brother under his care. They stay at her bosses house and her brother fixes some of his old cars.
Sound familiar anyone? :D

Posted on 13 Jan 2015 14:21:01 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jan 2015 14:21:37 GMT
shelf says:
to get back to the theme of the original post/thread, does anyone have any new recommendations for Un-PC harlequin romances which are forbidden because of guardian/ward, step-siblings or age?

Posted on 5 Jan 2015 10:28:44 GMT
Tamir says:
Not sure if anyone can help.
I am looking for a mills and boons book where the woman is afraid of men and the bloke spends a long time teaching her to trust. I don't remember much except that the first night she sleeps on his lap and he doesn't touch her. Then the start sleeping together but with him tied down, then eventually she trusts him enough to untie him. There is also some flannel nightgown she refuses to take off

Posted on 3 Jan 2015 11:53:03 GMT
F.Lister says:
M&B romance I think about 2 sisters. Heroine older sister. She is hardworking and takes care of their finance. Younger sister spoilt and likes to go out a lot. Heroine comes home after work one day falls asleep in lounge wakes up to find a man sat in lounge. he explains that he is younger sister's companion. He is waiting for younger sister to get ready. I think they were going to theatre. Vintage romance of 70s/80s I think. Reply to this post.

Posted on 3 Jan 2015 11:32:41 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 3 Jan 2015 11:34:50 GMT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the romance discussion forum (644 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  romance discussion forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  137
Initial post:  21 Jan 2010
Latest post:  1 day ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 37 customers

Search Customer Discussions