Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos
Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

Anyone remember Jesus the hippy!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Dec 2008 17:19:21 GMT
FDJ says:
He was at loads of gigs in the70's,At thin guy with long hair,he used to wear next to nothing, giving out grapes and stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2008 17:22:45 GMT
Martin says:
Did he do children's parties as well?

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2008 18:25:08 GMT
MC Zaptone says:
Well done Fd J

I thought about mentioning him many times but it makes me feel old! I used to see him regularly at the Middle Earth and Implosion gigs and all the free festivals. He used to wear a white robe and a jesus style headband & obligatory beads and the next minute he would be naked. He was always treated with respect and often people would comment if he wasn't at a big gig.
Robert Elms asked if he was still around on his London Live radio show, I can't be sure of the details but apparently he is still around at smaller gatherings but has to remain clothed at all times and is banned from handing out fruit (Health & Safety no doubt). How tolerant and liberal our society has become!

If anyone has more details I love to know.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2008 19:07:21 GMT
Yeah man, the dude sold out big time - makes fruit smoothies for the man.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2008 19:13:40 GMT
MC Zaptone says:
But surely that makes him 'innocent'

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2008 19:48:28 GMT
Martin says:
Therefore he must do children's parties?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2008 11:53:28 GMT
Sera69 says:
I sat on his knee and i've not been the same since... Innocent, you say? Not according to my therapist!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2008 13:47:16 GMT
yep i remember him from mid to late seventies hawkwind gigs,i think the last time i saw him was at the hammy odeon at a blue oyster cult gig.if i recall dancing in his bed sheet and doing his thing with a tambourine.i dont remember the fruit thing but was sometimes in the company of some real cool chicks....oh while i remember first spotted him mid seventies at the roundhouse pink fairies good bye or hello gig.hope this helps

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2008 16:24:31 GMT
Martin says:
What - you went to a Hello gig?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the rock discussion forum (770 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What Are you Hearing At The Moment - Part V 1430 49 minutes ago
Upcoming releases and other bulletins 547 8 hours ago
What artists/bands have you got tickets for and/or who've you seen recently? 2717 1 day ago
Music Quotes --- Your favourite quotes from songs, interviews, biographies, reviews etc. 104 2 days ago
Completist's Nightmare!... 21 3 days ago
Tip Top Telly (Not Necessarily Music-Related) 322 9 days ago
Edinburgh 'Out to Lunch' 1467 15 days ago
The complete bo**ocks, talk tripe, no music allowed thread 5319 18 days ago
What do you have on order? What are you thinking about buying? And what didn't you buy because you just realized that it was a piece of crap? 39 24 days ago
YOU CLEVER B8STARDs:An open letter to people who know erm thingys 1526 17 Oct 2015
Nick Cave. Where to start? 58 12 Oct 2015
Led Zeppelin Trivia Quiz 150 29 Sep 2015

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  9 Dec 2008
Latest post:  10 Dec 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions