Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

R we being taken 4 Mugs by Rush??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Nov 2013 18:36:32 GMT
Fireball 61 says:
I was really looking forward to the new Rush live album, but after reading the reviews and listening to some of the tracks I feel that we are just being wheeled out 2nd rate stuff. I thought that you should only put out the best stuff. A great set list let down by awful production. Neil Pearts drums are one of the main items on any live album and to lose them is unforgivable. Are we being taken for mugs? thinking we will buy this stuff just because its Rush. Rio & a show of hand were much better sound wise.

Posted on 20 Nov 2013 19:06:38 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Dec 2013 19:12:01 GMT
Red Mosquito says:
Is it an official release F 61? I'm not a Rush fan but I've heard some of it and I'm surprised how poor the sound quality is. If this is an official Rush release I think you [Rush fans] are being taken for mugs. There's no reason or excuse for official music to sound as poor as this imo.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2013 19:17:15 GMT
Brass Neck says:
They've got form - remember the original Vapor Trails which had been mixed 'hot' leading to terrible compression and a fatiguing listen? But hey, they've remixed it and you can buy it again, in a box set where the other albums may not have been remastered ..... I know I did. Still I can forgive them most things but will probably avoid this live artefact.

PS they've also rereleased R30 on blu-ray with hours of extra material .... thanks guys!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2013 13:49:18 GMT
Mr Blackwell says:
Have to say its all subjective,i've listened all week to this and yes the drums are lower in the mix,than might have been expected,however Alex's guitar playing is superb and captured fantasically as is Geddy's bass,vocally far better than the 'Time Machine' release,although still average/weak in places.

So its not perfect but certainlly not the turkey its been held up as,as i said its all subjective,we listen and hear/enjoy different things,for example i believe 'Rush in Rio' to be one of the worst sounding 'live' discs. its all opinions none binding,none right or wrong.

Regards Mr B
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  20 Nov 2013
Latest post:  22 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions