The complete bo**ocks, talk tripe, no music allowed thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Sep 2011 16:55:25 BDT
S.R.J says:
Go ahead.

Posted on 16 Sep 2011 17:01:20 BDT
nephran says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 16 Sep 2011 17:46:38 BDT
Gordon Dent says:
I'm not terribly fond of tripe. Onions don't really mask the offally taste, and it's just so chewy. I've never tried sweetbreads.

Posted on 16 Sep 2011 17:52:56 BDT
Does tripe taste of Offaly? Lets see if Post Soviet can tell us - he lives the closest (as far as I know)

Posted on 16 Sep 2011 19:48:32 BDT
A customer says:
I had a wasp in the house today it was buzzing around being a general nuisance not really settling anywhere or moving in any particular pattern. I was having a cup, well actually a mug of coffee at the time. It was around 2.30 pm or possibly 2.31 the weather was slightly overcast although off to the west there was a slight to medium lightening of the general sky colour.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 20:16:39 BDT
CHEEZE says:
You certainly know how to hold ones interest s'tim.
Please tell us more?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 20:19:05 BDT
Brass Neck says:
Come on sst ....... you can't leave an enthralling tale like that hanging by a thread (pun intended)! What happened to the wasp? What kind of coffee was it, did you have milk and/or sugar, maybe some biccies? How did the atmospheric conditions develop over the course of the afternoon? Crikey fella, I'm dying to know!

Posted on 16 Sep 2011 20:24:15 BDT
nephran says:
Weses all sitting comforts uncle Tim....Weses waitings...

Posted on 16 Sep 2011 20:24:48 BDT
A customer says:
I think it was at about 3.21 pm give or take a minute or two that I noticed well felt an itching sensation in my foot. To say it was in my foot would be to be inacurate, it was actually on the base of my foot. Oh and sorry I didn't mention it was my left foot that had the itching sensation that I noticed at 3.21pm , give or take a minute or two. The discomfort was not immense or even large one could say it was a mere iritation of really rather small proportions to befall my left foot at approximately 3.21 pm give or take a minute or two.

Posted on 16 Sep 2011 20:28:16 BDT
Mondo Ray says:
I recall a similar incident just about the time we went to war; I was on my way to the new electric cinema when a wasp attacked my beard. Shocking, isn't it?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 20:28:48 BDT
nephran says:
Thems lot can happen in thems 2-3 minutes uncle Tim..

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 20:31:50 BDT
Brass Neck says:
So the wasp was purely incidental to the nub of this fascinating foot-focused narrative? Cor, that's straight outta left-field dude, you're a genius. The great publishing houses need to know about the Bard of Cork!

Posted on 16 Sep 2011 20:32:25 BDT
Just been listening to Josh T Pearson's album - last of the country gentlemen, in fact here it is look : Last of the Country.. - bleak painful break up album, and its...hang on a minute....is this a music type forum ? or have I strayed...

Posted on 16 Sep 2011 20:38:47 BDT
A customer says:
thankyou for your rapt attentions gentlemen , as regards the coffee it was a fine and tasty brew with just the right amount of bitterness. I brewed it in a stainless steel cafetiere which when not in use i keep in a small cupboard that also houses various teas and other beverages either for myself or visitors. Anyway i usually warm the pot for 3 minutes ,sometime longer depending on the heat rising from the range that i park the cafetiere on for warming. If the range isn't lit as is my habit in the summer I usually find swilling a small amount of boiling water into the cafetiere serves well to warm the pot satisfactorilly. I then use 1 tablespoon per person depending on strength desired ,I prefer a fairly strong brew but some find the effects of strong coffee detrimental so I usually check if I have guests on there preferences. I usually then brew the coffee for anything up to 8 minutes but as I have an insulated coffee cafetiere this gives me a certain amount of freedom regarding brewing time. Another stir before gently depressing the plunger and the coffee's ready. i take mine black so its a fairly swift and simple operation to fill the mug to within 9 to 15mm from the top.

Posted on 16 Sep 2011 20:40:36 BDT
A customer says:
as for the wasp mmm let me think back.....

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 20:41:42 BDT
Post Soviet says:
You talkin' bollocks, Ko, so you are in a right place.
Go on...

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 20:46:59 BDT
Post Soviet says:
Gingerlily,
Don't mention co Awffaly, even Tommy Tiernan called it a ...Ireland's bottom or something like that...can't recall exact quote.
Once crossed it, seemed to me ideal place for shooting horror movie about wild West in 19 century.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 20:56:23 BDT
Martin says:
Chris De Burgh is a fine artist.

There, talking bollocks and nothing to do with music.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 21:09:14 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Sep 2011 21:20:04 BDT
CHEEZE says:
Aha Aha.... Think man, think?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 21:10:58 BDT
Are you sniffing glue?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 21:12:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Sep 2011 21:12:45 BDT
My Dad had to work in Tullamore for a while - he lived next door to a donkey. The noise that animal made was truly mind-bogglingly hideous. He recorded it for us - like a tortured soul....

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 21:14:07 BDT
Brass Neck says:
.... no change there then?!!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 21:16:28 BDT
CHEEZE says:
Sorry Ginge, i got confused in my eagerness for the wasps tale. i'll edit.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 21:18:57 BDT
Now my post makes no sense. Thanks. :-P

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2011 21:22:57 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Sep 2011 21:24:29 BDT
CHEEZE says:
Sorry again Ginge. Should i edit the edit?

Edit: The moments gone,hasn't it?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 193 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  80
Total posts:  4802
Initial post:  16 Sep 2011
Latest post:  12 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions