Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

High voltage festival

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Jul 2011 18:07:07 BDT
Anyone going to the high voltage festival this year?

Got a great line up of bands with a nice mix of variety from classic rock, prog and metal.

Can't wait. I'm mainly interested in the two headliners, judas priest and dream theater however I'm really looking forward to seeing black country communion. Their latest album was superb. Also looking forward to Michael schenker, slash, queensryche and thunder.

Will try to catch anathema and spocks beard on the prog stage and grand magus on the metal stage.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2011 20:57:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jul 2011 21:01:19 BDT
Brass Neck says:
Don't want to piss on the chips of anyone who bought full price tix but I got an email tonight from Mean Fiddler offering 2 for one, ie £54 for the weekend! Was mildly tempted but I don't do last minute half-way across the country.

If you are interested;
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/22004586D92CC82B?majorcatid=10001&artistid=774340&did=ukhighv241&minorcatid=1

Didn't think the line-up was all that, especially the headliners, but enjoy!

Posted on 22 Jul 2011 08:06:56 BDT
Lol, been loads of people on the high voltage website moaning about that 2 for one offer. Personally I thought it was value for money as I am a big fan of the 2 headliners plus theirs at least 4/5 other main stage acts I'm interested in so not overly bothered. Having said that I wouldn't have said no to the saving.

High voltage have shot themselves in the foot to be honest. By allowing all these cheap tickets to go on sale it would indicate poor sales. This will be worse now next year as people won't rush out to get them early so they could see even less sales next year. Could be the beginning of the end for high voltage.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2011 08:48:14 BDT
Brass Neck says:
Aren't there just TOO many festivals now competing for recession hit pounds in pockets?

Posted on 22 Jul 2011 09:06:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2011 09:09:45 BDT
Their does seem to be an abundance of festivals in the uk these days. With Download, sonisphere, bloodstock and high voltage catering for the rock/metal fans and then reading, Leeds, Glastonbury and V catering for everyone else.

Personally if a festival is organised well then I think it represents great value for money. I was at sonisphere a couple of weeks ago for the Friday only as I wanted to see the big four. Ticket including fees was £87. Now a Metallica show on it's own would cost around £50. I've got tickets for iron maiden in a couple if weeks and it cost me £180 for 4 of them and with only one support band. That's £45 each. With the big four at sonisphere all the bands played a full set list and Metallica played for 2 hours. Well worth the money.

Festivals are a great way to cach up with bands cost wise, especially if you throw in travel costs, beer Money and food then it makes sense to see a load of bands over a few days rather than loads of individual concerts.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2011 09:11:16 BDT
Brass Neck says:
Sensory overload in conditions akin to a prison camp? Only ever went to Led Zeps' two Knebworths, and Rainbow's MoR - I like my home comforts too much!

Posted on 22 Jul 2011 10:57:44 BDT
Plantlife says:
I only wanted to see Electric Wizard and Neurosis, so it would be a bit expensive just for two bands. I saw them both about 8 months ago, so I'm not too bothered, but there are quite a few bands who will only play festivals, and most of those only on the continent. I wonder if there is any kind of exclusivity deal when bands sign up to festivals? Seems unlikely, but I remember a few years back, London would be awash with bands playing warm up gigs for said festivals in May and June, and now these months are fairly dead. I suppose if you sign up to a festival you are getting a fixed rate, as opposed to worrying about ticket sales.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2011 12:54:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Jul 2011 13:50:17 BDT
"Sensory overload in conditions akin to a prison camp? Only ever went to Led Zeps' two Knebworths, and Rainbow's MoR - I like my home comforts too much!"

I'm the same :)

That's why the high voltage is perfect for me as not only do I like a lot of the bands I live fairly close so I'll be able to go home each night and have a nice warm bed to sleep in.

These days I only tend to do one day of festivals so I can go there and come back the same day. Not a great fan of roughing it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the rock discussion forum (785 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  21 Jul 2011
Latest post:  22 Jul 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions