Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

Time gentleman please?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Nov 2008 18:01:31 GMT
Red Mosquito says:
Is it time for bands like The Rolling Stones and U2 to call it a day? Have they anything new to offer us or is 'more of the same' ok?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2008 18:20:14 GMT
Martin says:
The Stones have been nought but a circus for well nigh 40 years already, and therefore musically meaningless. There is no doubt at all that people, myself inculded, continue to buy their albums either out of loyalty or else to keep their collection complete.

As for the other unmentionables - they should have called it a day in 1980 and saved us a lot of annoyance.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2008 19:10:00 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Nov 2008 19:10:56 GMT
MC Zaptone says:
If they still can sell tickets people must want to see them, when that stops happening or their hips and knees give out we might get an answer, but I bet they die 'Not Fade Away' cue Bo Diddley style guitar and tambourine.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2008 19:19:56 GMT
Martin says:
Yes, I must admit that there is still the thrill element of seeing old stagers live, irrespective of however musically vasectomised they may have become. I suppose this is why we have cabaret land, and The Stones, U2, Genesis et al. are simply doing it on a grander scale.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  23 Nov 2008
Latest post:  23 Nov 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions