Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

Michael Des Barres new album Carnaby Street

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Feb 2013 05:53:44 GMT
Has anybody heard this yet? Michael was the coolest in Silverhead and Detective and I need to know if I should put this at the top of my list.

Posted on 22 Feb 2013 14:04:34 GMT
FDJ says:
C.S - If your hoping for a return to his(excellent) Silverhead/Detective days your going to be disappointed.The track i heard on youtube is more of a blues /soul crossover with him sounding more like Rod Stewart than Rod sounds himself nowdays.Although a good song and he sounds really good for his age not really one for fans of his earlier golden days.

Here's the link so you can make your own mind up

http://youtu.be/NgY4w1FrqBs

Posted on 22 Feb 2013 21:09:42 GMT
Thanks FDJ, I like his Silverhead/Detective stuff better than his other two solo albums. The reviews for Carnaby Street on Amazon US are pretty good but I wanted to know how it's liked in the UK. He never really made it big over here even when he took over for Robert Palmer in Power Station for their live stuff. Atlantic is releasing Detective's Live In The Studio album feb 25th UK and here in march.
I heard Rod on Graham Norton say he's doing a rock album soon.

Posted on 23 Feb 2013 07:27:26 GMT
easytiger says:
He used to shag a tasty bird. What was her name? He must be 73 or something now surely?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Feb 2013 11:43:42 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 23 Feb 2013 12:02:36 GMT]

Posted on 23 Feb 2013 21:23:30 GMT
Her name is Pamela Des Barres, she is better known as the world's most famous groupie, wrote books about everybody from Page to Hendrix.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  19 Feb 2013
Latest post:  23 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions