Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

What Are you Hearing At The Moment - Part IV

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 6 Aug 2015 22:13:43 BDT
Spacepig says:
Vertikal (limited edition) - Cult of Luna

Hard to pick a favourite from this band, but this one is well up there.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Aug 2015 22:10:37 BDT
I would never have guessed.

Posted on 6 Aug 2015 22:09:38 BDT
David E says:
Thoroughly enjoying Ultimate Kansas (2CD) by yes you've guessed Kansas.

Posted on 6 Aug 2015 22:04:01 BDT
T. Franklin says:
Young Loud and Snotty - Dead Boys

Getting in some training for the Rocket From The Tombs disc I have on order :-)

Posted on 6 Aug 2015 22:00:19 BDT
On disc 1 of the The Complete Taj Mahal On Columbia Records boxset, treat to myself for winning lottery bonus ball.

Only 14 more to go!

Posted on 6 Aug 2015 21:53:31 BDT
Elastic Rock says:
Great album that one Gorgal.

Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home. Great free download courtesy of those nice people at Ektoplazm - http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/jikkenteki-the-long-walk-home

Posted on 6 Aug 2015 21:07:46 BDT
Can't recall mentioning this before-City Of The Sun by Seven Impale, crazed Norwegian progressive/jazz rock with elements of VDGG, King Crimson and Gentle Giant. Really good.

Posted on 6 Aug 2015 20:51:14 BDT
Tonight's eleven track compilation is this

01)Take A Chance On Me - ABBA
02) Walk Like And Egyptian - Bangles
03) Jive Talkin' - Bee Gees
04) Erase/Rewind - Cardigans
05) Servitude - Fishbone
06) Can You Feel It - Jacksons
07) Ai No Corrida - Quincy Jones
08) Smooth Operator - Sade
09) It's My Life - Talk Talk
10) If I Never See You Again - Wet Wet Wet
11) Making Plans For Nigel - XTC

Posted on 6 Aug 2015 18:41:38 BDT
Johnny Bee says:
Bayou Country (40th Anniversary Edition) - a bit of chooglin' from Creedence Clearwater Revival

Posted on 6 Aug 2015 17:57:02 BDT
Collette says:
Prince & The New Power Generation Diamonds And Pearls

Posted on 6 Aug 2015 16:34:40 BDT
Elastic Rock says:
Folktronica - Kurbeats

Posted on 6 Aug 2015 08:47:25 BDT
T. Franklin says:
Zero Set - Dieter Moebius, Conny Planck, Mani Neumeier

All lovers of electronica should have this.

Posted on 6 Aug 2015 08:29:01 BDT
Elastic Rock says:
Langbortistan - Lauge & Baba Gnohm

Posted on 6 Aug 2015 07:01:54 BDT
Elastic Rock says:
Savanah - Deep Shades (Quality stoner doom on Bandcamp)

Posted on 5 Aug 2015 22:37:21 BDT
Lez Lee says:
Just getting into Nils Frahm and bought Spaces and Screws. Good stuff!

Posted on 5 Aug 2015 22:23:57 BDT
T. Franklin says:
About to start on the red button is the BBC 6 Music Prom, featuring Nils Frahm and A Winged Victory For The Sullen.

Posted on 5 Aug 2015 21:54:27 BDT
Red Mosquito says:
Double Figure - Plaid. The production and mixing here is superb. Released in 2001 and I can't hear any reason for it ever to be remastered. Get it right first time. Now there's an idea!!

Posted on 5 Aug 2015 21:27:18 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Aug 2015 21:34:44 BDT
Quest For Fire, self titled. Got into this after hearing Comet Control(some of these folks in said band methinks). This is better, it's psych/stoner but with a bit of punk sensibility among the wigouts. Also some Floydisms if that makes sense. Elements of Sun Dial as well.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2015 20:27:35 BDT
cool! in the green plastic wallet? i've still got one (with a miss-pressed label 'n' all). but, you're right, they were cutting edge, and re-issues of the factory stuff would be welcome, although i have most of it on vinyl! it was a shame that they were initially viewed as a kind of funky joy division!

Posted on 5 Aug 2015 20:21:40 BDT
T. Franklin says:
The Graveyard And The Ballroom - A Certain Ratio

I had this great album on cassette back in the day. All the band's catalogue appears to be out of print, which is a shame. Hopefully somebody will reissue again.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2015 20:02:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Aug 2015 21:58:54 BDT
Johnny Bee says:
I concur...............I think ;-)

Was pleasantly surprised to heat LKJ on both.

Valhalla Avenue and Lost in the Former West

Baleful yet beautiful. Twenty odd years on, Fatima Mansion's angst-ridden indie rock still packs a punch.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2015 18:12:50 BDT
i didny go for the 'island' collection, due to duplication issues, but it's cool that lkj is on both! the 'virgin' comp, i think, just falls a bawhair short of awesome, although there's some truly magnificent tunes on it.

on a front line kick just now - Frontline Presents Roots - if they'd used some of the discomixes on this and 'sounds of reality', and removed 2 or 3 tracks, the discomixes volume would have been blisteringly good!

Posted on 5 Aug 2015 14:51:40 BDT
Endless Sea The Red-sided Garter Snakes

Fabulous album, my favourite of the year so far. Hard to categorise....psychedelic pop/indie maybe.

Album sampler can be found here:
https://soundcloud.com/user208900492/snippets-from-endless-sea-by-the-red-sided-garter-snakes

From their website: "The Red Sided Garter Snakes is a brand new project by two ex-members of The Chameleons (John Lever and Dave Fielding) together with various guest vocalists including former Puressence frontman James Mudriczki. The much-anticipated debut album `Endless Sea' was recorded in Manchester over a 12 month period. It's the first time guitarist Dave Fielding and drummer John Lever have collaborated since The Chameleons split more than a decade ago. And fans will not be disappointed - with Lever & Fielding's unique style sounding as fresh and innovative as ever, but now providing a beautiful textured landscape for the soaring vocals of Mudriczki (on two tracks).
Other contributors include Mary Joanna Coogan (daughter of Martin and niece of Steve Coogan), who provides a brilliantly sublime vocal on one of the album's standout tracks 'Feel Alive', plus Paul Denheyer, Steve Wilson and Greg Mathews."

Posted on 5 Aug 2015 13:40:04 BDT
Johnny Bee says:
Front Line Presents Reggae Discomixes - better than Island Presents Reggae Discomixes, which, although generally very good, isn't as robust musically.

Posted on 5 Aug 2015 10:12:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Aug 2015 10:13:05 BDT
Sera69 says:
In Times by Enslaved By turns luscious and brutal; excellent technical Metal.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the rock discussion forum (785 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  85
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  26 Feb 2014
Latest post:  15 Aug 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions