Showing 76-100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2014 23:41:47 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 28 Feb 2014 23:42:03 GMT]

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 00:14:03 GMT
china cat says:
GD - Road Trips vol 1 no 2, being from excellent shows in October 77

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 09:05:22 GMT
S.R.J says:
Mogwai-" Rave Tapes "...glorious soundscapes.
S.R.J

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 09:35:23 GMT
Post Soviet says:
Bulletproof by hardrocking trio Hard Stuff. Great, hard er...... stuff from 1973.

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 10:45:17 GMT
T. Franklin says:
De Mysteriis Dom Sathanus - Mayhem

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 11:45:20 GMT
Post Soviet says:
Iron Soul of Nothing [VINYL] by Sunn O meets Nurse With Wound. ******* *****, yeah....

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 13:36:45 GMT
Johnny Bee says:
Solid Bond - Graham Bond (with Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker, Dick-Heckstall Smith, Jon Hiseman, John McLaughlin)

Release in 1970, but I understand the tracks are taken from sessions in 63 and 66. Top notch playing, of course, but of their time.

Many thanks for adding to my musical education, Wharfy.

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 14:06:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Mar 2014 16:15:25 GMT
Red Mosquito says:
Synaesthesia by Synaesthesia. In the style of Porcupine Tree with some early Genesis influences. The guy who wrote most of the music, Adam Warne, is 20 years old. The dinosaurs have given birth to the next generation. This album is on the Giant Electric Pea label and claims to be the first independent label for progressive rock? I didn't know that.

On a different note. I saw an interview today with a Ukrainian professor who lectures at Salford University. His name is Stefan Wolffe. How much more rock n' roll can a name be? If I believed in the next life that's the name I would want my parents to give me.

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 14:06:59 GMT
Derek W. says:
Spooky Two - Spooky Tooth

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 14:15:55 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Mar 2014 14:17:15 GMT
Brass Neck says:
Bad Luck Ain't No Crime - Blackberry Smoke
Live in Session - Blackberry Smoke, acoustic live versions of tracks from their latest which is a FREE download
New Honky Tonk Bootlegs - yep, Blackberry Smoke again; tomorrow's gig is going to be a belter.
Courtesy tech;
I-Surrection (Oldwah Deconstruction) - Talisman, wonderfully old-school brit reggae rootical dub
Ethiopian Kings (1975-80) - Rod Taylor, late 70's conscious reggae grooves, his voice reminded me of Tristan Palma's .... a bit.

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 14:17:09 GMT
Something different for this Saturday lunchtime, The Tallis Scholars - Allegri: Miserere [The Tallis Scholars] [Gimell: GIMBD641] [Pure Audio Blu-Ray]

The Allegri Miserere is one of the most glorious and beautiful pieces of music ever written, so much so it was considered divine and the papal authorities decreed that it could only be performed in the Sistene chapel and no copies of the music made. The story goes that a 14 year old Mozart attended a performance in1770, later wrote the music down note for note and later published it. In fact each time it was sung it was different, because it was an improvisation by the Papal choir every time.

This audio Blu-ray has 3 versions, a 5.1 DTS HD Master, a 5.1 Dolby True HD and a stereo LPCM 96KHz/24bit. There is a normal CD in the box and various codec versions to download to your computer. I started with the DTS 5.1 version and it is just fabulous, all five channels in 96/24. Recorded at Merton College chapel in Oxford, the acoustics of the venue are laid bare before your ears, to go along with the magnificent quality of the singing from the Tallis Scholars.

Its a bit different from Endless Boogie thats for sure! ;-)

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 14:22:22 GMT
Lez Lee says:
Think I prefer Endless Boogie, Sherbert ;-)

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 14:25:05 GMT
Johnny Bee says:
History - Family

Good best of, this

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2014 14:42:13 GMT
it is an excellent name, red, but my parents are friendly with the man with the best rock 'n' roll name in the world, honestly - Freddie Slaughter - it's so good i even used capitals. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2014 14:51:09 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Mar 2014 16:16:37 GMT
Red Mosquito says:
ts that is a belter. Freddie Slaughter and Stefan Wolffe should get together and Form a Band

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2014 15:10:57 GMT
I know I will be playing the Endless Boogie a lot more often thats for sure, but we each have our cross to bear. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2014 16:28:53 GMT
At near £35 I think i'll be giving that one a miss mind you.

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 16:34:20 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Mar 2014 16:34:52 GMT
Brass Neck says:
Yee-haw kinda day continues;
Little Piece of Dixie - Blackberry Smoke, a fantastically good southern rock album, their best IMO
Early Morning Shakes - Whiskey Myers' latest, I can't do better than this quote from a customer review: 'Black Crowes meets Led Zeppelin and had dinner with Lynyrd Skynyrd'

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 17:00:00 GMT
On Spotters with Dan Penn The Fame Recordings. Thought he was just a songwriter for others but I think this is actually him performing these songs and sounding mighty fine too.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2014 17:24:31 GMT
I think I selected the expensive Japanese import, there is another one which misses off the "and Beers" for about £17, which is still pretty steep. Blood Sweat Hang fire Pete and I'll see if I can get it somehow else.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2014 17:35:49 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Mar 2014 17:52:24 GMT
Brass Neck says:
It is 'im, mostly high quality full-band demos and a cracking cd.

St. Vincent [Digipak] - St Vincent.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2014 18:02:16 GMT
You can Sherb, that very one at half the price from marketplace dealer.

It was Smitty who pointed them out to me after I sent him live in Tokyo (which might be on your returned stick as it was about same time) Billy Sheehan being the bass player

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 18:51:19 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Mar 2014 19:36:30 GMT
Lez Lee says:
Randomly selected from my pile of 47 prezzies unplayed or played just once. This one from Derek a while ago :
Emily Barker & the Red Clay Halo - Dear River
Very nice indeed, thanks Derek.

Posted on 1 Mar 2014 18:54:15 GMT
Post Soviet says:
Last Words : The Final Recordings previously unreleased Screaming Trees with great Mark Lanegan. Good stuff indeed.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2014 19:31:41 GMT
T. Franklin says:
those acoustic sessions. Do you know the provenance Brass? they did a couple of tunes for TeamRock Radio, so I wondered if that's where they hail from. Could mean other bands' similar stuff is also around.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the rock discussion forum (758 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  80
Total posts:  8478
Initial post:  26 Feb 2014
Latest post:  5 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions