Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

Edinburgh 'Out to Lunch'

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 16:28:31 GMT
Shucks! - I never thought of that?!! ;o>

I did try to explain what an Oven-Bottom Muffin was to a friend who lives in Torquay? He somehow had got it all confused with the seemingly growing trend now for ladies to openly display their muffin top over the waistbands of their trousers - and so he was rather bewildered by the idea that I like mine slathered in lashings of Piccalilli before being layered up with Ham & Cheese! ;o>

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 16:15:33 GMT
nocheese says:
Clever tactics, suzy. Were you ever tempted to use them again - like going into a boulangerie in Boulogne and asking for a barm?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 15:33:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jan 2015 15:35:39 GMT
! ! ! ;o>

I brought a Bakery in Boppard, Germany to such a complete standstill then silence followed by hysterical howls of laughter by getting myself all flustered once? I totally forgot which country I was in and so without thinking I just gave the guy behind the counter a big smile and asked for a large Bap?!!

"Whatzer 'ell ist ein BAP?!!"...and a resounding echo of "Bip?"..."Bop?!"... "Bap!" came back at me in all directions at once! - LOL! However I was given a lovely big bag of deliciously fresh Abenbrotchen on the house ;o>

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 15:32:33 GMT
you're welcome! :)

Posted on 4 Jan 2015 15:23:05 GMT
Lez Lee says:
I watch ancient episodes of 'Casualty' on the Drama channel and a few weeks ago, the chalk-board list of patients featured a Mr. Ordure and a Mrs Keech.....
I also remember the Oz soap The Young Doctors (hilariously bad) had a Pubic Noticeboard.

Posted on 4 Jan 2015 15:11:49 GMT
nocheese says:
Just as important as knowing not to ask the waiter for a 'quickie'.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 15:05:30 GMT
It certainly is such a very valuable lesson to learn, isn't it?

Especially when so often invited to the usual round of Forum Christmas and New Year parties and always being so conscious of potentially making any highly embarrassing social etiquette faux pas...

To know the difference between a lovely slice of Quiche Lorraine? - and a steaming pile of Keech Tech!

;o>

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 14:53:21 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jan 2015 14:54:39 GMT
nocheese says:
Tech is suggesting that there are people so unscrupulous and undiscriminating that they would go so far as to steal the odour from your excrement.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 14:50:55 GMT
You have my completely undivided and rapt attention now?...(*settles down and gets comfy*)

Okay? - please do enlighten me further ;o>

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 14:44:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jan 2015 14:48:21 GMT
nocheese says:
It's widely spoken, but only tech has mastered the art of transcribing it :)

A prime example can be found in his latest post on 'It's Beginning etc' I can translate if you wish.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 14:42:15 GMT
It is such a very challenging and complicated language though?

Apparently so unique that it is only spoken by just the one person in the whole of this entire Universe?!!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 14:25:17 GMT
nocheese says:
So far, Google Translate doesn't have him on its drop down menu; only a matter of time though, I suspect.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 14:22:53 GMT
It would be so much easier to just Google Translate the language of 'tech' instead, wouldn't it? ;o>

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 14:17:45 GMT
:)

Posted on 4 Jan 2015 14:11:37 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jan 2015 14:19:08 GMT
nocheese says:
Google translate told me that's Maori, tech, but I didn't believe a word of it, so tried it the other way round; the Maori for 'get well soon' is the much more satisfying:

Pai Tiki hohoro, Lez.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 13:36:29 GMT
It really is so very kind of you to want to share, Lez Lee?

But I think I shall pass on accepting such an incredibly generous offer, thank you! ;o>

I do hope you get well and feel a lot better very soon though...x x x

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 13:26:27 GMT
keip betur les,,aand? gette wel / soown% :)

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 13:16:22 GMT
nocheese says:
That was timely, Lez, I was just in the middle of writing you a text, which takes a while when you insist on capitals, punctuation etc! So sorry to hear you've been poorly, hurry up and get better :)

Posted on 4 Jan 2015 13:12:59 GMT
Lez Lee says:
Hi, sorry to be late to the party. I've been struck down by a dreadful tummy bug - sickness, diarrhoea, shivery, sweaty etc., etc. GP's shut so had to call 111. Now dosed up with pills and feeling slightly better but not managed to eat for 2 days. Stayed in bed to be near bathroom! Now ready to try some soup.
Sorry, felt the need to share :-(
Anyway, any of those dates and times are fine by me, no preferences at all.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 00:58:51 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jan 2015 01:00:01 GMT
nocheese says:
Is 'burger pizza' a thing, or is there a missing comma? (Didn't read all the reviews, they had me at 'reasonably prised').

Posted on 4 Jan 2015 00:44:24 GMT
china cat says:
For burger pizza or all day breakfast it would have to be forcibly prised out of my purse. ;-)

Posted on 4 Jan 2015 00:42:39 GMT
nocheese says:
Touché.

One of the reviews of the Tech Café says the food is reasonably prised.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2015 00:40:10 GMT
china cat says:
'Where every prospect pleases and only man is vile'

Posted on 4 Jan 2015 00:38:16 GMT
nocheese says:
"The noblest prospect which a china cat ever sees, is the high road that leads him to the sticks."

Posted on 4 Jan 2015 00:35:36 GMT
china cat says:
Very good..

Best thing I ever found was the road out - you can tell I'm a city lover.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  1351
Initial post:  17 May 2011
Latest post:  4 Feb 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions