Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Voyage Shop Now Shop now
Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

Live albums - which one has the most mojo?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 84 posts in this discussion
Posted on 4 May 2011 20:42:35 BDT
Tikka says:
Good result. Difficult choice, and I may investigate those (few) on the list I don't already own.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2011 22:19:57 BDT
R. Pini says:
What' s really alarming is the Scorpions got 3 votes, same as Iron Maiden' s 'Live after death'!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2011 22:24:28 BDT
Brass Neck says:
Play nice!

Posted on 5 May 2011 11:52:46 BDT
Nick Brett says:
Pulse from the Floyd, Rattle and Hum from U2 and I would kind of agree with Wings over America.

Have never, ever, got the appeal of Frampton Comes Alive....

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2011 13:09:39 BDT
Brass Neck says:
Like Wayne's World said, copies of Frampers were given out as compulsory listening for all US teens in the mid 70s (I paraphrase wildly but you get the gist). Depends on your age, I was 16 when it was released and you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing Show Me The Way-hay. Of its time, cracking soft-rock/AOR stuff.

Posted on 5 May 2011 13:41:01 BDT
I must admit that I've got no complaints about the winner, but some of the other results did surprise me a little.

Posted on 5 May 2011 14:28:03 BDT
Blastronaut says:
WTF's wrong with Scorps then Pini? Above that sort of music are ya?
A couple of albums on there I wouldn't urinate upon if they were on fire but everybody to their own eh?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2011 15:02:11 BDT
well ,you can always tell a yorkshire man.................but you can't tell him much.

Posted on 5 May 2011 15:11:57 BDT
M. Sheldon says:
dear friend:May i disturb your precious time!please feel free to browse our website:<www.aaapcmall.com> <EMAIL:aaapcmall@188.com> We are a leading manufacture of electronic items,we have got high quality management system .Every season we have new products which are suitable for European union markets and USA markets.the products are including:cellphone,notebook,TV,PC,Camera,GPS,MP3/MP4 and so on...company offering new and market valuable product at reasonable price. Being a High-Tech product trading company, we aim at providing high return to our customers and catch the update trend in the market.Any further information needed is available if you contact us, we sincerely hope to be your reliable business partner and friend!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2011 15:15:44 BDT
no you cant ,now kindly f*ck off

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2011 16:40:56 BDT
Brass Neck says:
Yorkshire born & Yorkshire bred - strong in t'arm and thick in t''ead! (I'm a Sheffielder by birth!)

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2011 16:55:11 BDT
twas my grand dad that taught me that phrase.he hails from beverley,nr hull

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2011 16:59:26 BDT
Brass Neck says:
And the Yorkshireman's 'prayer'?.

Hear all, see all & say nowt,
Eat all, sup all & pay nowt

Posted on 5 May 2011 17:14:51 BDT
Huck Flynn says:
well deserved win by ABB
couldn'tr bring meself to vote cos Tull's Bursting Out, Dead Live, Man's Back Into the Future weren't shortlisted, not to mention Yessongs, Zappa or Crimson
agree that Thin Lizzy's poor showing is a puzzle

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2011 18:17:46 BDT
LOL!!

Posted on 11 May 2011 07:58:48 BDT
Oy! Where's The Band's 'Rock Of Ages'? Killer live album, great songs, great singing, great playing. Are you crazy?!?!?!?!?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 May 2011 08:03:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 May 2011 08:03:53 BDT
Brass Neck says:
No they just nominated one album apiece and you weren't around. I suspect that may have been nominated if iut was on the Music Forum but being on the Rock Forum tended to bring out harder rock live albums ... unsurprisingly!

BTW Peter Frampton is touring this Autumn and playing the whole of Comes Alive - nostalgia trip or what? I've got my tix!

Posted on 12 May 2011 23:44:30 BDT
RedAlFire says:
I'm with you BN...if he pokes his nose around Iberia I'm gonna be there. Will check online tomorrow for venues in this neck of the woods. Thanks for the heads up.

BTW Those who slagged off him, his album and his inclusion? Maybe your max-volumed, max-junked, max-discordant bands just ain't got the musical appeal!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2011 19:42:21 BDT
Brass Neck says:
JFGI Al!

November 5 Lisbon, Portugal Atlantico Pavillion
November 6 Madrid, Spain La Riviera
November 8 Barcelona, Spain Allianca de Poble Nou

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2011 23:00:44 BDT
garcia lorca says:
1 thin lizzy
2frampton
3led zepp

Posted on 14 May 2011 00:43:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 May 2011 00:45:50 BDT
RedAlFire says:
Brass Neck...you are a (MY) god among men! Many thanks mate, I have an 'in' at the PavLis so hopefully I can get that sorted with a few well placed beers during the summer!

Garcia Lorca...you are a person of taste! (Taste! Now there's another great band!).

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2011 17:26:13 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 21 May 2011 17:26:37 BDT]

Posted on 11 Jun 2011 21:45:50 BDT
Cobracrash says:
Strangers In The Night, UFO ; Live At Leeds, The Who ; On Your Feet Or On Your Knees, Blue Oyster Cult are fine examples of the live rock album but for me the one that captures the 'live gig sound' best is Night After Night by Nils Lofgren

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2011 23:59:19 BDT
RedAlFire says:
Cobra. Nils Lofgren is indeed fantastic live, saw him on the Cry Tough tour back in 1976/7 time (those years just fly) and what a performer! Amazing somersault thing he ended up with...and the music was fantastic!

Brasso...dunno if you saw my post elsewhere, tickets for Framps safely in my mits for Lisbon in November! When are you seeing him?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2011 21:57:08 BDT
Brass Neck says:
October in Cambridge @ Corn Exchange. I picked up his new album - Thank You Mr Churchill,it's a good eclectic listen.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  84
Initial post:  27 Apr 2011
Latest post:  22 Oct 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions