Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More
Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

Is British Music Dying?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-55 of 55 posts in this discussion
Posted on 6 Feb 2011 15:14:10 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2011 15:15:17 GMT
Sera69 says:
Glyder

Posted on 2 Mar 2011 14:34:03 GMT
British music probably isn't dying if we're allowed to discover anything beyond what's forced on us by Simon Cowell and the like, but we have to take more time out to explore and many of us just don't have that.... However, it is constantly sending in sick-notes!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Mar 2011 14:36:46 GMT
Martin says:
British music isn't dying, it just sounds funny.

Posted on 2 Mar 2011 14:55:47 GMT
Like radio 1, The Mercury is not exactly representative of British music.
As someone else said so, record deals can ruin a band. Same person mentioned The View, a cracking wee band, got a deal, debut albunm sucked and ui haven't heard of them in an age.
I do keep coming across (though not necesaarily buying) loads of good new music by recent bands. Must admit i stopped paying attention to where they actully come from yonks ago though,
As to whether they'll be remembered in 50 years, does it matter?. If they are good and you really get a kick out of listening to them, who cares of nobody else in the world know who they are next year let alone in 50

Posted on 2 Mar 2011 15:06:05 GMT
Mr. P. Allan says:
british music isnt dying its just a/ trying to find it and buy it and b/ apart from xfm and bb6 where can we hear new bands? Also are one and only national record store in hmv long time gave up on new bands etc...dont believe me then ask what ever happened to FLY magazine which they use to stock! Basically said magazine was a great read and i often would flick through in store and then seek out said cd. Its how i discovered mogwai and twilight sad. All HMV stock now is what you can find in any supermarket and/or video games shop. Looking for new music then try these, boxer rebellion, warpaint, lyrebirds, chapel club, morning parade for starters.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the rock discussion forum (785 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  55
Initial post:  25 Sep 2008
Latest post:  2 Mar 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions