Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Up to 70% off Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

Power Metal - a guilty pleasure??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-37 of 37 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2012 16:30:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jun 2012 16:30:34 BDT
"lighten up! It's only rock and roll (but I like it).
:-)"

Lol, I'm perfectly light thanks. So you crack a painfully unfunny joke, I point that out but I need to lighten up ha, ha, ha

Seriously go read another joke book and try and put some thought into your Internet responses if your craving attention.

Posted on 13 Jun 2012 18:49:49 BDT
BOF © says:
Wayne, what's up? Why are you so angry with me? What in my post upset you so much?

I'm sorry if a few quotes from Wayne's World has made you this angry but that's what they are quotes, nothing in there was a personal attack but hey who knows what people read between the lines.
For the last time.

Best bones
B. O. F.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012 04:17:05 BDT
R. Pievaitis says:
thanks wayne !glad it was of interest to you i forget how old i am now and how long ago it as that i saw all those bands-but i was only very young then anyway -so i suppose 49 aint that old is it really ?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012 04:28:01 BDT
R. Pievaitis says:
absolutely correct red m-so sorry for thinking it was you i got so mixed up with all the similar sounding pseudonyms as you guys don,t actually give me your real name !?!?!so i got them all mixed up-it was of course post soviet on the 10th of june who says that iron maiden are the numero uno power metal band ,sure they have all the ingredients but much too slow to be true power metaal i,m afraid.IM are heavy metal pure and simple !wots with all the genre labels anyway-if its good its good -if its not its pap !(sorry meant to say rap there ) god i hate rap,soul,r,n,b and all that crapola- now i could write a thesis on that but don,t worry i will not-well maybe tomorrow ! thats a threat !

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012 14:54:27 BDT
Hello Mr Jackson, good to bump into you again Sir, i hope all is good.....My personal opinion on Power Metal, we are talking Rainbow, Priest, Manowar, Accept, Metal Church, Dio etc......I can safely say that i have NEVER felt one shred of guilt ever listening to them....

As for the Dragonforces and Nightwishes of this world, i personally
avoid them, on account that the music does nothing for me. I find it way too screechy and over the top. I just don't get that buzz that i get when i put on Accept etc.....Yes i feature their output many times on my page, but that's not about my personal taste, it's for all Rockers/Metalheads.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2012 15:49:36 BDT
Red Mosquito says:
Thanks for your reply Richard

Posted on 15 Apr 2013 22:52:33 BDT
Hi guys, like power metal? we have power metal elements in our songs, they are on itunes and spotify. please check the link below and vote for us to play download 2013, we'd be eternally grateful! \m/. http://download.redbullstudios.com/band/fallen-on-faith/

Posted on 16 Apr 2013 01:58:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Apr 2013 02:24:45 BDT
FDJ says:
Power metal in my humble opinion would include bands such as Dragonforce,Bullet For My Valentine and Firewind in other words metal played at impossible speeds with twin guitars shredding all over it and an annoying drum sound that sounds the same on every song!
here's an example

http://youtu.be/lRt54xjIq7w

Don't get me wrong i love a bit of metal but this sort of thing 'aint my cup of Jack Daniels.

By the way Tommo i disagree with your take on Power Metal,as i see those bands you mentioned(some of my favourite bands) as more traditional metal but will concede that they may have influenced the bands i mentioned.In the end though it's all rock'n'roll and what do tags really matter anyhow,if you like it. you like it if you don't turn it off!

Posted on 16 Apr 2013 22:46:01 BDT
Well I'm now really clear on the matter. Power metal would appear to be metal but prefaced with the word power

Posted on 16 Apr 2013 23:19:58 BDT
FDJ says:
I say i think he's got it :)

Posted on 17 Apr 2013 07:33:46 BDT
Post Soviet says:
Yeah, and more stainless quality, Black Metal - more mild steel...

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Apr 2013 16:34:15 BDT
easytiger says:
Is that all you've got to say?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the rock discussion forum (769 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What Are you Hearing At The Moment - Part V 212 10 hours ago
The complete bo**ocks, talk tripe, no music allowed thread 5192 1 day ago
Upcoming releases and other bulletins 424 2 days ago
What artists/bands have you got tickets for and/or who've you seen recently? 2554 2 days ago
Queen or Zeppelin? 41 4 days ago
Stupid decisions 39 6 days ago
Nick Cave. Where to start? 57 10 days ago
YOU CLEVER B8STARDs:An open letter to people who know erm thingys 1519 12 days ago
What Are you Hearing At The Moment - Part IV 9999 13 days ago
What do you have on order? What are you thinking about buying? And what didn't you buy because you just realized that it was a piece of crap? 24 13 days ago
Iron Maiden's 16th Studio Album Out In September - More Respect Due... 24 22 days ago
Chris Squire: 1948-2015 9 24 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  4 Jun 2012
Latest post:  18 Apr 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions