Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

Ipod advice

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Sep 2010 15:43:17 BDT
Hi again y'all,
I've had a 4g ipod nano for 4 years and have used it extensively
(dog walking,certain jobs ,travelling etc.) and find it an extremely useful tool for keeping up with my music seeing as how i'm constantly updating my collection etc.
The normal course of events is I load anything between 200 to 500 tracks on the thing,listen to them alphabetically (don't ask) and when I have exhausted this particular aural compendium I wipe my itunes and load another musical selection from my recently purchased cds,archives,copies people have done for me(amI allowed to say that?),magazine comps etc. and here we go again.
Recently though I'm lucky to get 150 tracks on there.If say I put 260 tracks on itunes and sync my ipod about 150 tracks will go on there.
I've tried re-installing itunes and resetting my ipod etc. but to no avail.
I should also mention I don't think it's necessarily the ipod itself as when I try to put tracks on my wife's ipod the same thing happens. Hers is a 2g but you still should be able to get around 400 tracks on it.
Anybody got any answers??
Regards
Fletch

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2010 16:09:13 BDT
Dr. Mabuse says:
It could be that the songs/tracks you're loading are 'bigger'. 320kbs instead of 128kbs which the others may have been. Hence they take up more disc space. Just a thought.

Posted on 5 Sep 2010 17:43:26 BDT
snooloui says:
Yes, check your import settings in iTunes. It could be that some tracks are higher quality and therefore the files are bigger. If you don't mind sacrificing a bit of quality, you could import all your tracks at the lowest quality and fit maybe 1000 tracks onto it.

Posted on 6 Sep 2010 19:26:52 BDT
I would throw the Ipod and pick up a Philips GoGear Spark. Not the GoGear Vibe, because the menu screens freeze. The Spark is superb and you don't have to muck about with Itunes. Get yourself free from Apple altogether!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2010 21:38:21 BDT
Thanks everybody for your advice , I'll let you know how I get on.
Much appreciated
Fletch

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2010 22:52:05 BDT
MC Zaptone says:
Or better still dump Windows altogether and match your ipod with a decent Mac computer. ;0)

Posted on 6 Sep 2010 22:55:18 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Sep 2010 22:55:56 BDT
What about a portable gramophone? Then you get the superior vinyl sound with portability and street cred. They also never run out of batteries and there are always bargains to be found in all charity shops.

Posted on 6 Sep 2010 23:03:28 BDT
Lez Lee says:
I've got two of those! I've also got an iPod which I've had 4 months and not taught myself to use yet. At least I've got a Mac laptop so I'm fairly confident.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2010 08:12:07 BDT
A straight answer to your question - if there is an Apple store near you go to them. The service will be first class and they are keen to sort out problems, cos a happy customer is the best form of sales pitch. I had an ipod that would not connect, or be recognised by the pc, so they gave me a new one after a quick check of the old.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  5 Sep 2010
Latest post:  7 Sep 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions