Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

The Knife-The best band to emerge in the last 10 years, i think so.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Sep 2008 14:16:45 BDT
N. C. Riley says:
I have thought long and hard but fail to think of a single band that meets The Knife's calibre in the last decade. Anyone agree/disagree?
Your reply to N. C. Riley's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2008 20:43:07 BDT
you're 'avin a laff

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2008 15:11:14 BDT
spiderboris says:
Mr Riley, I certainly think the Knife are an amazing band but I dunno about them being the best of any kind. Anything goes these days but the negativists could still argue - and basically have done - that they sound like Cyndi Lauper inhaling helium and fronting a bad Erasure tribute band. I think it's also east to argue that their approach and sound is so 'out-there' that its unlikely they'll ever manage to have any mainstream acclaim, and to this you can add their pretty-fervent anti-press, anti-media stance, which I have to say can only go so far since if you're talented musicians then you're going to get reviewed and sooner or later people are going to want to know who you are. Already they've had some coverage due to their at least peripheral involvement with Robyn's album and Jose Gonzalez covering one of their tunes - the success of which was only down to it being used in an advert, and perhaps ironically like the Knife, Gonzalez is another individual who - at least going on what I read - absolutely hates any kind of 'fame' or media attention being focused on him. You can see the same thing happening with the 'mysterious' Burial, who was only 'outed' recently as being - shock - some bloke. Who probably isn't very interesting and doesn't want paparazzi following down the shops. Maybe he should do the same as the Knife and only wear Anubis-like bird-masks in public. That's enough to scare anyone off.

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 07:01:45 BDT
I've heard of them, though not their music. The question is, can they really cut it?

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 09:45:31 BDT
I think it fare to say that your taste and mine are poles apart NC Riley, in fact if the band I'm thinking of, this discussion is more suited to the dance forum than rock - sorry.

"I come here to pass the time
To court the ladies and taste the wine"

Posted on 29 Sep 2009 11:04:49 BDT
N. C. Riley says:
You're right Cornish, posted to the wrong forum completely! This was my first post from just over a year ago! I never thought it would see the light of day again. O.k, i'm a big Knife fan, but i didn't let that cloud my judgment, i still stand by what i said. I try to give new music ago, but 9/10 i end up dissapointed, the Knife (in my opinion) are the best thing to come along in the last 10 years, lets face it, the competion has not been that great.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  22 Sep 2008
Latest post:  29 Sep 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions