Customer Discussions > rock discussion forum

Weird Limited Editions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2011 20:57:40 BDT
I keep tripping over something in the living room. Perhaps...................................................

Posted on 19 Sep 2011 20:15:13 BDT
The first 100 copies of Script of the Bridge debut album by The Chameleons were designed to blend into their surroundings. They were never shipped and are believed to still be somewhere in the pressing plant

Posted on 19 Sep 2011 09:24:45 BDT
G. Ward says:
Bjork's 'Post' album was available in a limited edition, clear plastic sleeve. If you were lucky (and it hadn't been lost) there was a small plastic strap that was meant to turn the sleeve into a 'handbag' sort of thing.

Very weird...

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2011 06:44:30 BDT
Gavin Moore says:
"...which included a deed for a square foot of land in Wales or something" Ha ha haa, that's mental!! :)

Posted on 17 Sep 2011 19:33:12 BDT
Gordon D says:
John Otway released a single in 1979 called "Frightened & Scared". Three copies had no vocal track, The people who bought these copies could call a number and get Otway to come to their house and sing it for them.

Posted on 17 Sep 2011 12:41:59 BDT
I remember a late-70s UFO single where there was an offer on the picture sleeve where you could send away for a limited edition frisbee - probably one of the more bizarre promotional items Ive come across. Then there was that Manfred Mann's Earth Band album (The Good Earth?) which included a deed for a square foot of land in Wales or something.

Posted on 17 Sep 2011 09:54:59 BDT
MC Zaptone says:
Massive Attack's Singles 90/98 (11 CD's/63 Tracks) in a mad heat sensitive box.

Posted on 17 Sep 2011 08:30:27 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Sep 2011 08:30:37 BDT
A customer says:
Brass Neck has to be a weird limited edition surely there can only be one

Posted on 16 Sep 2011 16:04:58 BDT
T. Franklin says:
The weirdest one I have that springs to mind is a split 7" single by Aqua Vista & Bearsuit which came in a mummified bandage "sleeve". I've actually got two copies of that because the only way to get at the record - though there might be a genius way of course - is by destroying the bandage; hence one opened to play and one pristine

Initial post: 16 Sep 2011 15:20:42 BDT
Gavin Moore says:
Just wondering if anyone owns or has encountered any peculiar limited edition albums or singles in their time.
For example I own a limited edition of Crematory's `Believe' from 2000, the disc for some reason - in a scratch & sniff fashion smells of incense.

I also recall The Wildhearts released the single `I wanna go Where the People go' 1995 in a slipcase that you could grow grass from ( conventional grass not weed by the way).

Anyone got any other weird and wonderful versions?

Gav :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  rock discussion forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  16 Sep 2011
Latest post:  19 Sep 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions